The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

Very excited by the M'Bia news, he certainly didnt rule it out unless there are other offers on the table for him.

Also very impressive news about the youngsters coming on board.

I'm sure Jose is bluffing, theres money to spend, he's just being 'clever' with it. ;)

God I wish I lived in your world. Is it full of cute kittens and fluffy clouds.

Everyones on the inside track except me it seems.

£10m would be a significant investment for a Jan window for this club.

Kinnear:

Kinnear slams KK and Big Sam

Newcastle manager Joe Kinnear has hit out at his predecessors Sam Allardyce and Kevin Keegan.

The Magpies boss saw his side slip to a 3-0 defeat at Blackburn on Saturday, ironically now managed by Allardyce.

Kinnear took charge in September when Keegan left the club after a dispute with owner Mike Ashley.

But the Irishman insists he should not be judged on the current squad, as he is not responsible for assembling it.

"I've inherited this," he said in the Sunday Mirror. "They are not my players, everybody has forgotten that.

"But our biggest problem is a lack of strength in depth. Why wasn't it addressed by the last manager Keegan or the manager before him Allardyce?

"I am carrying the can for it. It is as simple as that.

"People think things will turn out okay whatever happens, but I don't believe they will. We must do something about it.

"The squad has to be strengthened, there are no ifs and buts about it. I have expressed it to (owner) Mike Ashley and he is very open about it.

Funds

"People have said that previous managers maybe didn't get what they want. I don't believe that will happen to me. I haven't got any reason to think he won't go my way.

"I have probably spent more time spelling it out to him than any other manager.

"I see him regularly and talk to him regularly. I have spelled out the gravity of the situation.

"I say, 'we're not prepared for anything like the disaster we face and you've got to realise the importance of that'.

"I want to be judged on what I bring in, the depth of the first-team squad is not right at the moment.

"What I inherited was potentially a relegation squad. With the injuries, once they came, we were in deep trouble.

"We must look to stay up this season and have a big clear-out in the summer and address everything completely differently.

"We need to get the squad back in shape and make sure we have appropriate cover in every position. We need to take a leaf out of the book of the other top clubs.

"They don't seem to have a problem like we do."

Why is that the title? He isn't slamming them at all.

Kinnear:

Newcastle manager Joe Kinnear has hit out at his predecessors Sam Allardyce and Kevin Keegan.

The Magpies boss saw his side slip to a 3-0 defeat at Blackburn on Saturday, ironically now managed by Allardyce.

Kinnear took charge in September when Keegan left the club after a dispute with owner Mike Ashley.

But the Irishman insists he should not be judged on the current squad, as he is not responsible for assembling it.

"I've inherited this," he said in the Sunday Mirror. "They are not my players, everybody has forgotten that.

"But our biggest problem is a lack of strength in depth. Why wasn't it addressed by the last manager Keegan or the manager before him Allardyce?

"People think things will turn out okay whatever happens, but I don't believe they will. We must do something about it.

"The squad has to be strengthened, there are no ifs and buts about it. I have expressed it to (owner) Mike Ashley and he is very open about it.

Funds

"People have said that previous managers maybe didn't get what they want. I don't believe that will happen to me. I haven't got any reason to think he won't go my way.

"I see him regularly and talk to him regularly. I have spelled out the gravity of the situation.

"I say, 'we're not prepared for anything like the disaster we face and you've got to realise the importance of that'.

"I want to be judged on what I bring in, the depth of the first-team squad is not right at the moment.

"What I inherited was potentially a relegation squad. With the injuries, once they came, we were in deep trouble.

"We must look to stay up this season and have a big clear-out in the summer and address everything completely differently.

"We need to get the squad back in shape and make sure we have appropriate cover in every position. We need to take a leaf out of the book of the other top clubs.

He kinda is. Making out that neither Sam nor KK wanted to strengthen the squad, when they both desperately wanted more bodies in...

That's precisely why KK left Joe.  :frantic:

Maybe you should take it up with your best mate Ashley.

Is it just me or does anyone else find it strange that after bidding £5m for M'bia Joe's suddenly jumped to talking about putting in a £10m offer? I know Kinnear doesn't live on the same planet as most of us but still...

That's precisely why KK left Joe.  :frantic:

Maybe you should take it up with your best mate Ashley.

But it had nothing to do with the amount of players Keegan wanted it would appear it was the actual players brought in that Keegan was narked about

Is it just me or does anyone else find it strange that after bidding £5m for M'bia Joe's suddenly jumped to talking about putting in a £10m offer? I know Kinnear doesn't live on the same planet as most of us but still...

He's just a moron who can't help but open his mouth, seemingly without thinking about what's coming out.

He hasn't spent anything yet, so the money is still in his post office account!

It's a pity Leeds had a clause in his contract which gave them 50% of the profit above the £5 million we paid to them for him.

He hasn't spent anything yet, so the money is still in his post office account!

It's a pity Leeds had a clause in his contract which gave them 50% of the profit above the £5 million we paid to them for him.

Also, Schwiensteiger was supposedly on his way and where did the Colo money come from? Theres about £3m missing from the Milner transfer, if that.

Kinnear:

Funds

He's critisizing the regime or Keegan surley? Which is a disgrace if he's critisizing Keegan the recruitment side - its Dennis Wise, and the regime that totally messed Keegan around.

Guest geordienorway

The two norwegians are probably Flo and Hovland. Hovland has been here on a trial recently. Speaking about norwegians, I have it on good authority that Per Ciljan Skjelbred won't go anywhere in January.

Guest Howaythetoon

Why's Carroll being offered another 5 year deal. f*** sake he's scored one goal?!

In case Milan start sniffing round for someone to replace Kaka.

Well Carroll is Kaka like...

The two norwegians are probably Flo and Hovland. Hovland has been here on a trial recently. Speaking about norwegians, I have it on good authority that Per Ciljan Skjelbred won't go anywhere in January.

Who does Hovland play for?