The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

Guest toonlass

SSN Transfer Centre clockwatch: 13.40  Newcastle manager Joe Kinnear is hoping to be given freedom in the transfer market to make his own decisions.

Why do they even bother writing that, horrible journalism.

I can see the report at 11.40 pm on Jan the 31st

SSN Transfer Centre clockwatch: 23.40  Newcastle manager Joe Kinnear is alone in the dugout necking some barley wine and gently sobbing like a bairn.

23.41 As we understand it 22,000 Newcastle United fans are on their way to Buckinghamshire with pitchforks and loaded shotguns to do some "business".

SSN Transfer Centre clockwatch: 13.40  Newcastle manager Joe Kinnear is hoping to be given freedom in the transfer market to make his own decisions.

Why do they even bother writing that, horrible journalism.

SSN Transfer Centre clockwatch: 23.40  Newcastle manager Joe Kinnear is alone in the dugout necking some barley wine and gently sobbing like a bairn.

23.41 As we understand it 22,000 Newcastle United fans are on their way to Buckinghamshire with pitchforks and loaded shotguns to do some "business".

What? sell pitchforks and shotguns?

sadly that does seem like a highly likely scenario :(

Guest Nile Rangers Dreads

The two norwegians are probably Flo and Hovland. Hovland has been here on a trial recently. Speaking about norwegians, I have it on good authority that Per Ciljan Skjelbred won't go anywhere in January.

confirmed in the Chronicle today(or maybe they got their info from this forum more likely)

Not the Flo I am thinking of is it? Please GOD NO!!!!!!!!!!  :frantic: :frantic: :frantic:

Hes a relation appearntly...

The Finnish trialist Jukka Raitala says the trial came as quite a surprise:

"Premierleague is a very physical league so I'm not sure it's the best place for me atleast at this point. But we'll soon see how I'll fit in and keep up with the others."

The Finnish trialist Jukka Raitala says the trial came as quite a surprise:

"Premierleague is a very physical league so I'm not sure it's the best place for me atleast at this point. But we'll soon see how I'll fit in and keep up with the others."

Sounds a confident young man.

Not the Flo I am thinking of is it? Please GOD NO!!!!!!!!!!  :frantic: :frantic: :frantic:

According to his uncle, he's most similar to Tore André Flo, of all the Flos. But don't worry, that only means he's better with the ball at his feet than with the defender's face at his elbow. He's rather small for a Flo, at only 182 cm (~6 ft), and plays in midfield. Left footed. Blond.

According to his uncle, he's most similar to Tore André Flo, of all the Flos. But don't worry, that only means he's better with the ball at his feet than with the defender's face at his elbow. He's rather small for a Flo, at only 182 cm (~6 ft), and plays in midfield. Left footed. Blond.

¨

He's a left back that can play as a left winger.

This Anas Sharbini sounds exciting. Could be the next Modric

Still waiting for Modric to be the first Modric... :lol:

You've not been watching him recently then. Consistently their best player, the only times he fails to be is when they inexplicably bypass him and play it long instead of letting him be the creative focal point.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

You've not been watching him recently then. Consistently their best player.

That's like being consistently the best singer in the Spice Girls.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

I still stand by my assessment of Modric, I originally said he was like a shit version of Pirlo, now I think he's like a really shit version of Pirlo if he had been a gimp instead of a footballer

I've just read in the local rags here in Donegal that some young lad called Gary Merritt (Plays for Milford United) is on his way for a trial with us this week. He was at West Ham last week, and is due with us now. He seems to have been a regular in the Ireland U-16 squads for the last while, I think he's a forward. A fella at work reckons he's quite good, but at 16, who knows?

I honestly belive Ashley is still sold on the Arsenal set-up.

Yes we're are bringing in allot of highly rated youngsters but totally ignoring the first team.

If this Fat Cunt thinks he can spend next to nothing on the first team until these youngsters come through then he's an even bigger donut than I first thought.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if this is what he's thinking.

You've not been watching him recently then. Consistently their best player, the only times he fails to be is when they inexplicably bypass him and play it long instead of letting him be the creative focal point.

So true. He was pivotal against pompeh I hate to say.

The two norwegians are probably Flo and Hovland. Hovland has been here on a trial recently. Speaking about norwegians, I have it on good authority that Per Ciljan Skjelbred won't go anywhere in January.

confirmed in the Chronicle today(or maybe they got their info from this forum more likely)

Hovland is supposed to be really good.

If it is Even Hovland and Per Egil Flo, they play in the second tier in Norway, and has by no means set the league on fire with their performances. Both regarded as quite big talents, and have been regular for the u19, and should be for u21 soon enough. (if they arent already). However those are for the future if they are signed, and we won't see much from them for atleast a year or two.

Also. Read on a norwegian forum that one of our trials is Vegard Forrèn. And he is ready at once to do a job in our team. Fantastic talent. Hopefully he is one of our trialists.

So true. He was pivotal against pompeh I hate to say.

After Defoe's goal yest barely got a kick before that

If it is Even Hovland and Per Egil Flo, they play in the second tier in Norway, and has by no means set the league on fire with their performances. Both regarded as quite big talents, and have been regular for the u19, and should be for u21 soon enough. (if they arent already). However those are for the future if they are signed, and we won't see much from them for atleast a year or two.

Which is what Kinnear has already said about them.

Rumour doing the rounds in Manchester is that we're loaning Barton to Everton and taking Jo on loan from City. 

Probably crap but first heard from my brother (lives there) this morning and I've had a few texts from mates in the area.