The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

may well have already been mentioned but according to the Sunday Sun JFk has flown out to France today to run the rule ove Mbia and Lille defender Rami when Rennes play Lille tonight.  For anyone wanting to check them out for themselves the match is live on Setanta at 8pm.

Guest Heneage

If M'Bia is a proper sit in front of the back 4, protect and pass DM and by some chance we did manage to get him here I think we would see a lot more from Guthrie or Barton.

Like a Zokora for Tottenham?

Guest Heneage

Zokora a bit of a naff example. A better one would be Makelele when he was at Chelsea, or for those a bit older, Dieter Eilts for Germany in the early 90's (I think).

How's Zokora a naff example? :lol: Mbia has pace and power so can join when needed, Makalele never could.

Zokora a bit of a naff example. A better one would be Makelele when he was at Chelsea, or for those a bit older, Dieter Eilts for Germany in the early 90's (I think).

How's Zokora a naff example? :lol: Mbia has pace and power so can join when needed, Makalele never could.

i've just watch him labour around the pitch against Lille,  he didn't look to be blessed with too much pace, he looked like he would struggle to beat Geremi in a race!

i've just watch him labour around the pitch against Lille,  he didn't look to be blessed with too much pace, he looked like he would struggle to beat Geremi in a race!

That is just simply impossible

not a dig at you binnsy but the general feel of m'bia.....before the game he was too good for us and the idea we were only bidding £5mill made us look stupid....now he's shit  based on one game.

the football chat section is a loon.

not a dig at you binnsy but the general feel of m'bia.....before the game he was too good for us and the idea we were only bidding £5mill made us look stupid....now he's s***  based on one game.

the football chat section is a loon.

Madras i agree, going on his repuatation and knowning he's been chased by a few clubs makes you think he must be pretty decent and i don't like to judge a player on one game but i wouldn't like to be in JFK's shoes having to decide to up the bid on his performance tonight,  he looked laboured, maybe he was carrying an injury but from what i'd heard about the lad i was expecting to see a essien/vieira and was disappointed as he just seemed to sit in front of the back 4.  he did spread a couple of decent passes around early on but never got into the game and was subbed after 80 mins. 

The Lille holding player, Mavuba, looked a better player in that role and altho BUtt is crap i think its an attacking creative that we need more than a defensive one.