The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

The two norwegians are probably Flo and Hovland. Hovland has been here on a trial recently. Speaking about norwegians, I have it on good authority that Per Ciljan Skjelbred won't go anywhere in January.

Who does Hovland play for?

Both play for Sogndal IL in the Norwegian equivalent of the Championship.

And I doubt the other one besides Flo would be Forren, seeing how Forren would probably cost around £2 Million and I doubt we'd want to spend that "much" on someone not going into the first XI.

We have a Finnish 20 year old defender on trial.  Part of the U21 national team that qualified for the EUROs. I dont know much about him but he can play across the back four apparently.

http://www.hs.fi/urheilu/jalkapallo/valioliiga/artikkeli/HJKn+Jukka+Raitala+Newcastlen+testiin/1135242831227

HJK's defender Jukka Raitala is spending the coming week on trial at English Premierleague club Newcastle United. Raitala has been a regular fixture for both HJK and Finland U21 team.

"Newcastle is a club of very high quality. Jukka's good performances in the league last season and with the U21 team have opened this opportunity for him", says HJK's director of football Tuomo Saarnio.

Raitala played 23 league matches last season. In the Finnish league has played a total of 46 times.

Raitala is really really promising young defender, who can play on every position on the back four, but has been playing mainly as a right-back in HJK. Very quick and very ambitious player. He is though very keen on staying in Helsinki as he wants to be playing regularly to get to the Finnish U21 squad for the European Championship.

Raitala is really really promising young defender, who can play on every position on the back four, but has been playing mainly as a right-back in HJK. Very quick and very ambitious player. He is though very keen on staying in Helsinki as he wants to be playing regularly to get to the Finnish U21 squad for the European Championship.

He wouldnt have a problem playing regularly for us mind. If Beye is missing the rest of the season pretty much....

A lad who I used to go to school with and played footy with for a few teams has got a trial with us coming up in May, apparently. Just been speaking to him for the first time in years and he's just come back from Standard Liege. Had spells for Leicester, Coventry and played for England U-19s and all, so he says. Used to be nothing more than a distinctly average right back but seems to have been in the right place at the right time. Mackem an all.

Fuck knows. Just said the club had got in touch with him yesterday to arrange it all. I can never see him being good enough to get any kind of contract offer.

Aye, but come May, we might be more at his level...  :razz:

A lad who I used to go to school with and played footy with for a few teams has got a trial with us coming up in May, apparently. Just been speaking to him for the first time in years and he's just come back from Standard Liege. Had spells for Leicester, Coventry and played for England U-19s and all, so he says. Used to be nothing more than a distinctly average right back but seems to have been in the right place at the right time. Mackem an all.

What's his name?

Think I'm going to be meeting up for a pint in the next week or so I'll ask more about it then. Still surprised he's been getting trials at any kind of club, to be honest. Had nowt special about him a few years ago.

At 20 years old you would hope these players would be challenging for a starting spot.

Exactly...but there's such a huge gap between Finnish Veikkausliiga(top league) and English Premiership. I'm not really aware how good this Raitala guy is but he's been on trials with some Italian clubs and obviously performed well at Finnish U21 team level which very surprisingly made it to final tournament in Sweden next summer. Promising youngster and would go for a very cheap price(300K max) so even if he wouldn't make the first team it's not a big gamble anyway...

And it would be great to have a fellow Finn playing for my favourite club ;)

He hasn't spent anything yet, so the money is still in his post office account!

It's a pity Leeds had a clause in his contract which gave them 50% of the profit above the £5 million we paid to them for him.

According to who?

He hasn't spent anything yet, so the money is still in his post office account!

It's a pity Leeds had a clause in his contract which gave them 50% of the profit above the £5 million we paid to them for him.

According to who?

Dont think it is as high as Mick says

Leeds United will cash in to the tune of up to £1m as a result of James Milner's transfer from Newcastle United to Aston Villa.

The midfielder left St James' Park yesterday in a £10m deal, activating a lucrative sell-on clause included by Leeds in the agreement which took him to Tyneside in 2004.

The sell-on clause applies to the profit made by Newcastle on Milner, who joined the Tyneside club in 2004 for a fee rising to a maximum of £5m.

Newcastle bowed to Milner's insistence on exiting St James' Park after receiving a transfer request from the 22-year-old.

Milner, pictured right, began his professional career at Elland Road and became the youngest goalscorer in a Premier League fixture, aged 16 years and 357 days, when he struck against Sunderland on Boxing Day 2002.

But the Leeds board headed by Gerald Krasner sold him to Newcastle following United's relegation from the top-flight.

Newcastle recently attempted to buy out Milner's sell-on clause following his decision to submit a transfer request at St James' Park, but the offer was turned down by Leeds in anticipation of the midfielder's switch away from Tyneside.

Milner has agreed a four-year deal at Villa Park.

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/leedsunited/United-set-for-a-Milner.4441295.jp