The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

Guest pont-toon

so, trying to be positive and what not...

wise/vetere are in brazil now, any ideas who they may be looking at?

or just getting lots of nuts and coffee?

Lookign at tarts in G-string bikinis no doubt.

should just have gone doon the toon on a firday night then ! and would vastly reduced their carbon footprint by doing so

NUFC trial for ex-Borussia Dortmund defender

Jan 21 2009 by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

NEWCASTLE United were today looking at former Borussia Dortmund defender Ahmed-Reda Madouni.

The player, who has a Bundesliga title in his medal collection, has started a trial with United at the club’s Benton HQ, and joined another player from the German League in Peter Lovenkrands, who is also trying to win a permanent place in the Toon squad.

The 28-year-old defender has also starred for Bayer Leverkusen, but started his career at Montpellier.

However, he has played for the last two seasons on a lucrative deal with Al-Gharafa, where he won a Qatari League winner.

Speaking on the situation regarding Lovenkrands, Kinnear told the Chronicle: “I’ve passed it to Derek Llambias, who is talking to Peter’s agent.

“He’s thrashing out some sort of deal to the end of the season.

“I thought he was excellent yesterday, and he’ll be an extra player for us. He’s done very well.”

The Chronicle understands Manchester City have lodged a second bid for Shay Given in the region of £5m.

That offer will be considered as derisory by the Magpies, who are desperate to keep Given.

However, if the player expresses a wish to leave they may not be able to stand in his way following 11 years of loyal service on Tyneside.

And it is believed that Newcastle feel such a low bid for Given is somewhat of an insult, especially given that City have already paid £12m for Chelsea’s reserve-team left-back Wayne Bridge and £14m for Craig Bellamy from West Ham.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/01/21/nufc-trial-for-ex-borussia-dortmund-defender-72703-22744127/

NEWCASTLE United were today looking at former Borussia Dortmund defender Ahmed-Reda Madouni.

The player, who has a Bundesliga title in his medal collection, has started a trial with United at the club’s Benton HQ, and joined another player from the German League in Peter Lovenkrands, who is also trying to win a permanent place in the Toon squad.

The 28-year-old defender has also starred for Bayer Leverkusen, but started his career at Montpellier.

However, he has played for the last two seasons on a lucrative deal with Al-Gharafa, where he won a Qatari League winner.

Speaking on the situation regarding Lovenkrands, Kinnear told the Chronicle: “I’ve passed it to Derek Llambias, who is talking to Peter’s agent.

“I thought he was excellent yesterday, and he’ll be an extra player for us. He’s done very well.”

The Chronicle understands Manchester City have lodged a second bid for Shay Given in the region of £5m.

That offer will be considered as derisory by the Magpies, who are desperate to keep Given.

However, if the player expresses a wish to leave they may not be able to stand in his way following 11 years of loyal service on Tyneside.

And it is believed that Newcastle feel such a low bid for Given is somewhat of an insult, especially given that City have already paid £12m for Chelsea’s reserve-team left-back Wayne Bridge and £14m for Craig Bellamy from West Ham.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/01/21/nufc-trial-for-ex-borussia-dortmund-defender-72703-22744127/

Bundesliga title? 7 subsitute appearences with one being longer then 10 minutes...

"Starring" for Leverkusen? Not even 20 appearences in two seasons.

Bundesliga title? 7 subsitute appearences with one being longer then 10 minutes...

Nevermind the medal/starring bollocks. Just how pap is he Ise?

probably raised elsewhere, i've been away, but why THE f*** did ashley release the statement about taking the club forward only to do absolutely nothing whatsoever in that regard?

I still can't get my head around that either.

At the end of the day if he didn't wanna put his hands in his pockets why the fook did he not just wait until Feb and then come out and say the clubs not for sale ??

I can't remember too much apart from him being nothing more than a backup player for Dortmund and Leverkusen,

so, trying to be positive and what not...

wise/vetere are in brazil now, any ideas who they may be looking at?

or just getting lots of nuts and coffee?

Lookign at tarts in G-string bikinis no doubt.

I know I would :smitten:

probably raised elsewhere, i've been away, but why THE f*** did ashley release the statement about taking the club forward only to do absolutely nothing whatsoever in that regard?

I still can't get my head around that either.

At the end of the day if he didn't wanna put his hands in his pockets why the fook did he not just wait until Feb and then come out and say the clubs not for sale ??

nuts ain't it?  like he's going out of his way to piss people off now - making that statement created expectation of him that otherwise might not have existed

must want to be hated, some type of clinical condition?

Bassong never used to get a game until he came here, you just never know.

Dont think that's exactly true

and you would be right :lol:

04-05 Metz B..

05-06 Metz 23 Games

06-07 Metz 1 Goals, 37 Games

07-08 Metz 19 Games

08-09 Newcastle United 16 Games

Guest pont-toon

he fits well into my "cast offs" theory

I can't remember too much apart from him being nothing more than a backup player for Dortmund and Leverkusen,

just the type of player that would sign for NUFC under Kinnear

a player from the Qatari league, just what we need......our scouts couldn`t find someone that plays in a league more competitive than the old vauxhall conference then....more desperation :rolleyes:

PS: who updated the Wiki? :lol:

"A former French youth international, Madouni made the switch to join the Algerian national team in June 2005, as he played his first game for Les Fennecs, a friendly against Mali. He has 2 international caps. If he signs he will become another player stalked by Studley McSixpack. Also he will be a lynch pinn to fill the massive gap left by Bramble and Viduka for being the fattest player at the club."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahmed_Reda_Madouni

The player, who has a Bundesliga title in his medal collection, has started a trial with United at the clubs Benton HQ, and joined another player from the German League in Peter Lovenkrands, who is also trying to win a permanent place in the Toon squad.

Speaking on the situation regarding Lovenkrands, Kinnear told the Chronicle: Ive passed it to Derek Llambias, who is talking to Peters agent.

Hes thrashing out some sort of deal to the end of the season.

I thought he was excellent yesterday, and hell be an extra player for us. Hes done very well.

And it is believed that Newcastle feel such a low bid for Given is somewhat of an insult, especially given that City have already paid £12m for Chelseas reserve-team left-back Wayne Bridge and £14m for Craig Bellamy from West Ham.

a player from the Qatari league, just what we need......our scouts couldn`t find someone that plays in a league more competitive than the old vauxhall conference then....more desperation :rolleyes:

Without getting into the ins and outs of whether he's any good or not, didn't Mauro Zarate play in the Qatari League?

The player, who has a Bundesliga title in his medal collection, has started a trial with United at the clubs Benton HQ, and joined another player from the German League in Peter Lovenkrands, who is also trying to win a permanent place in the Toon squad.

Speaking on the situation regarding Lovenkrands, Kinnear told the Chronicle: Ive passed it to Derek Llambias, who is talking to Peters agent.

Hes thrashing out some sort of deal to the end of the season.

I thought he was excellent yesterday, and hell be an extra player for us. Hes done very well.

And it is believed that Newcastle feel such a low bid for Given is somewhat of an insult, especially given that City have already paid £12m for Chelseas reserve-team left-back Wayne Bridge and £14m for Craig Bellamy from West Ham.

Oh for God's sake.

No one wants to sign for us. Accept that.

And another thing, how competetive would you regard the French Second Division?