FA rescind Beye red card

Dave

Guest nufc_kev

To be "looked at by Styles in 5 days"

Does it really take him 5 days to wank himself off over his decision or does he just want Beye out of the Derby?

Thing is when he views the video what is he looking for?

If he sent Beye off because he thought he did not touch the ball then will he just look at it see he did get the ball and over tunr the card, or will he use the video to referee the incodent again.

I doubt it will be overturned. We're not Chelsea or Man U.

I did laugh when JFK said that Styles said he was going to watch the match and look at the decision. I hope Styles stops watching before the start of half time because on TV you saw JFK say something as Styles walked out that could be termed abusive.

I reckon he will say Beye was the last man and the touch on the ball was not heavy enough to move it enough of a distance away from the player to have stopped him have a scoring chance. Therefore the contact taking the player down still denied a goal scoring oprtunity.

you are allowed physical contact which may bring the man down if you are getting to the ball first and it isn't to deliberatly bring the man down. if not every tackle with contact where the player tackled hits the deck would be a free kick/pen.

The second ref introduces doubt, and who decides if they disagree with one another, a third referee? :lol:

More doubt than two linesmen? Call him a third assistant then. You seem to be arguing that it is an impossible situation to resolve so we best not discuss it. And it wasn't FIFA that said it would never happen, it was that stellar intellect Blatter.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/blatter-vows-to-block-use-of-video-evidence-in-the-game-426120.html

:lol:

I'm not saying that at all. Just making the point that I've heard from FIFA (or Blatter or whoever) a few times that they're not in favour of anything they can't implement at all levels.

FWIW I don't think it'd be workable anyway because decisions like last night are still subject to interpretation - just look at Poll's comments for evidence of that. It wouldn't fix anything, just introduce even more controversy.

It's time the FA axed Rob Styles IAN WRIGHT - Columnist Published: 30 Sep 2008

THERE’S this FA campaign called Respect to stamp out bad behaviour towards refs.

I think it’s not a bad idea.

But how about referees starting to show a bit of respect — to the fans.

Some people in football still forget the sacrifices supporters make to see their team each week.

Both in financial terms and the time simply spent going to watch their club.

For the majority of punters, watching a game is the highlight of the week.

It’s what makes slogging around at work worthwhile.

So it annoys the hell out of me when I see a referee such as Rob Styles deliver a joke decision which changes the complete direction of a game.

His decision to award Manchester United a penalty after a perfectly good tackle from Bolton’s Jlloyd Samuel on Cristiano Ronaldo was just diabolical.

Completely embarrassing. If that decision had been made in a Sunday League game the ref would probably have taken some serious abuse on his way back to his car after the game.

The problem I have with Styles is that he keeps making cock-ups. There is something clearly wrong with his decision-making as it was his fourth clanger in just over a year.

At the start of last season, he awarded Chelsea a dodgy penalty against Liverpool.

He was then demoted to League Two after turning down two penalties in a match between United and Blackburn.

And, worst of all, he gave a penalty against Manchester City’s Sun Jihai after a shoulder-to-shoulder collision with Birmingham’s Gary McSheffrey.

At the time, it was called the worst penalty decision of all time.

But Styles’ latest offering at Old Trafford on Saturday was right up there.

I wonder whether Bolton, if they end up getting relegated by a point, would have a case to try and sue either Styles or the Premier League.

It might sound crazy but you only have to look at what has happened with Sheffield United and West Ham.

Anyway, my plan is that referees should work on a system of three strikes and they’re out.

If they make three massive errors within 12 months then it’s goodbye to the Premier League — and hello to the Unibond League. Styles should not be allowed to referee professionally again. Ever.

I expected him to get shoved out to some match in League Two for a week.

But amazingly it seems he will be back in the Prem on Sunday doing Spurs v Hull. I just don’t understand how Styles keeps featuring in all these disasters and gets away with it.

He’s the type of official I can’t stand, anyway, as I always get a vibe that he loves the attention and the control.

Referees with egos are the most dangerous types. In fact, Styles is the new Graham Poll — and one of him was more than enough.

Supporters pay their money to watch footballers not officials. The FA and the Professional Match Game Officials Board — who are in charge of our refs — do not appear to be answerable to anyone.

They just allow their well-paid officials to keep on making mistakes, something that doesn’t happen in too many other walks of life.

And let’s not forget Stuart Attwell — the man who made the worst refereeing decision in history by awarding Watford a goal that they never scored against Reading.

I still can’t quite believe that incident actually happened but Attwell will be back in a week or so. You can bet on it.

I understand referees are under great pressure and the stakes are now so much higher.

We all make mistakes but there comes a point when enough is enough.

Those who run our game have to give people like Styles the boot and maybe then, more people will give decent referees what they crave.

Respect!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/sunsport_columnists/article1748148.ece

you've probably all read this already, but thought i'd post it here just in case!  :angel:

I think Hughes was right though, the penalty incensed the crowd and that lifted our team.

As for Wright's comments about them making mistakes, how many times have you got on your feet to complain about a decision when the decision has been right, or vice versa? Its pretty hard to get it right 100% of the time. The more pressure is put on them, the more likely it is that they will make mistakes.

If Beye's card gets rescinded, it been a result imo.

... just look at Poll's comments for evidence of that. It wouldn't fix anything, just introduce even more controversy.

The thing about Poll's comments, I see that as a position he's adopted. He'll always try and back the refs because he knows what the jobs like. he's not going to say anything to make their job more difficult. He's a spokesperson for ref's and as such he's completley biased.

If the rules, or more specifically the instructions on how to interpret and enforce the rules, were more relaxed then there'd be no need for such rabid defence of ref's decisions.

I'm sure Poll is right that just because a player wins the ball first doen't mean there hasn't been a foul, that wasn't an example of such a case last night though and I'm damn sure Poll knows it.

When Poll cocked up and mentioned that no freekick was given when "Barton" tackled Robinho he used it to defend styles but surely it backs up the fact that it was not a foul for the penalty. In theory had styles had the view that he had for the "Barton" tackle then he would have waved play on....

Guest Heneage

Poll is as daft as Styles, proved further by his debate with Burley. He mentioned Joey Barton at which point Burley correctly pointed out Joey Barton played no part in the game, isntead of stating who he meant he laughed and said he had "Trouble identfying players". Sorry but if your average fan doesn't why does he? Same problem you could say that allowed Dario Simunic to pick up 3?

To further make himself look a deluded self-important fool he attempted to dig at Burley who had been quite restrained with a "Yeah but players never know the rules of the game." Very engaging their Graham, 6 years too early you retired? Sure thing mate, you just keep justifying poor decisions.

At the end of the day this will go two ways, Styles will rescind and apologise and won't be demoted for acknowledging his mistake as the case with Man United Vs Bolton. OR nothing will be done and the FA will strongly back him over his decision and quote a sub-section of a law and argue stupid points to suggest he was spot on both in the penalty and the red-card, its made worse by the fact it was the leagues new cash-cow Robinho who was fouled really, but the looking round thing and terribly cheesy "Heart" celebration were pathetic.

http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/Disciplinary/NewsAndFeatures/Postings/2008/10/Beye_claim_received.htm

Beye claim received

Tuesday, 21 October 2008.

A claim for wrongful dismissal has been received from Newcastle United defender Habib Beye.

Beye was shown a red card for denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity during Newcastle's match against Manchester City on Monday 20 October. A Regulatory Commission will consider the claim on Thursday 23 October.

Several claims for wrongful dismissal were considered at a Regulatory Commission hearing today.

The Commission rejected claims from Sheffield United's Matthew Kilgannon (three match suspension), Gillingham's Mark Bentley (three match suspension) and Macclesfield Town's Gareth Evans (four match suspension).

A claim from Wycombe Wanderers' Chris Zebroski was upheld and his three-match suspension has been withdrawn.

Hopefully they will. Need habib. Nothing wrong with the tackle. The only problem was the frail, little, overrated c*** on the end of it.

Don't criticize robinho. He did nothing wrong, but neither did Beye, so f*** off please...