mackems 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 25/10/08 - post-match depression from page 18

Dave

Did he not after the Chelsea game? Then did he not go down to London (which still boils my piss btw) and was made assurances. Was he not also made assurances that the Milner money would be spent as well? Was he not confident in that.

At the end of the day he wasn't backed, so he walked.

Actually mate I'll tell you what annoys me most about everything, of course Keegan was partly to blame, but the amount of s**** he has taken on here from people, compared to that of Mike Ashley has been absolutely disgusting. Most of the wankers on here wouldn't even support this club if it wasn't for Kevin Keegan in some way, shape or form.

He could have walked earlier if he wasn't getting backed, he waited until it was too late to change anything.

well that answers your question doesnt it? he stayed while there was a chance to change things and left once there was no longer a chance. exactly the same as alan curbishley.

Doesn't wash, what are these two 13 year olds still wet behind the ears? They will have taken it up with the appropriate people as soon as they sensed something wrong, most likely early summer. If nothing changes going into the last month do they still think they've got a chance at 'persuading' them to change anything? Get real.

Did Keegan not chase it up when he had to travel all the way to the other end of the country. Pathetic.

Did Ashley not say in the official club magazine Keegan had final say? Aye I'm sure he did.

Oh well, I may as well join the rest of you folk and back Ashley over a man who has done everything for this club. I can see why people have backed Ashley over him though, I really can.

Don't we already have threads about how Ashley has shafted the club? Can we not just discuss the match in this one?

Slow burn theory as they say.

Ok then let's see...I thought Geremi today was

Ashley the absolute FAT BASTARD!!

Is that better?

we simply didn't play well enough or with any ambition to win the game today. Our passing was awful & we didn't get players forward in any numbers. They had a very nervous keeper in and the conditions were difficult. At some stage we needed to press the play, get players forward and get some shots in.

Instead we defended fairly deep all match, chased around their players in midfield and played long balls in very windy conditions. There was no joining up from midfield as we were too far apart and had lost the ball before we could get anything going.

Once we got level the game was there; we lost this at HT, they went in under pressure and came back out and took the initiative. When JK looks back at the game he will probably think he got it wrong.

Wow ... some really surprising over reactions on here.

Aye, it's almost as if some of us are from Newcastle-upon-Tyne.

What a stupid f***ing thing to say.

What? Now that was a stupid thing to say.

Blaming the system, the owners, Kinnear etc is bloody stupid and pointless.

They pretty much had their strongest team out and we didn't even come close. I think we would have beaten them easily otherwise. We played alright on the whole and they played well.

But hey let's play the blame game all over again! That's so much more fun!

I blame Owne for having muscle tissue made out of tissue paper!

I blame Freddy Shepherd and John Hall for selling the club to that evil non-Geordie Mike Ashley!

I blame Keegan for being a stroppy little man!

yada, yada, yada, yada bollox.

Two players (Owen, Viduka) from our best team. Sorry, but you can't blame injuries on this one.

Jonas got 15 mins because he only just returned, as did Barton. If they are fit enough to play the 90, we win this game easily imo.

Beye still isn't quite right either and Martins doesn't look very sharp.

How would we win it easily? When they'd both probably be bypassed anyway with the ball being aimed far beyond their reaches.

Did you watch the match?

Did you see what happened after they both came on?

You don't have the first clue what this means to people from this area so why bother offering comment?

:lol: f***s sake

What's your problem?

Kaka thinks I'm overreacting. I say that when he's actually seen the Tyne Bridge, he'll have the right to tell me I'm overreacting to a derby defeat. Until then, he should keep his f***ing nose out.

:lol:

Oh I'm so torn up inside because the local Geordies don't accept me as a Newcastle supporter! Whatever will I do with myself!

If you think that gets to me your dead wrong. I'll support who the hell I want and in whatever manner I choose to.

One thing I know for sure is that I support the club a whole lot better than some of the lot that gaze at the Tyne bridge all day. Very ignorant statement.

Anyway ... my point about over reacting was in relation to dragging up the whole Ashley vs the Geordies bollox because we lost a close derby game at a very improved Sunderland side.

That is an embarrassing over reaction. By all means vent your frustraton over the game, but for f*** sake the world vs Ashley nonsense has been done to death already. No need drudging it up after every loss. Pathetic.

Did he not after the Chelsea game? Then did he not go down to London (which still boils my piss btw) and was made assurances. Was he not also made assurances that the Milner money would be spent as well? Was he not confident in that.

At the end of the day he wasn't backed, so he walked.

Actually mate I'll tell you what annoys me most about everything, of course Keegan was partly to blame, but the amount of s**** he has taken on here from people, compared to that of Mike Ashley has been absolutely disgusting. Most of the wankers on here wouldn't even support this club if it wasn't for Kevin Keegan in some way, shape or form.

He could have walked earlier if he wasn't getting backed, he waited until it was too late to change anything.

well that answers your question doesnt it? he stayed while there was a chance to change things and left once there was no longer a chance. exactly the same as alan curbishley.

Doesn't wash, what are these two 13 year olds still wet behind the ears? They will have taken it up with the appropriate people as soon as they sensed something wrong, most likely early summer. If nothing changes going into the last month do they still think they've got a chance at 'persuading' them to change anything? Get real.

Did Keegan not chase it up when he had to travel all the way to the other end of the country. Pathetic.

Did Ashley not say in the official club magazine Keegan had final say? Aye I'm sure he did.

Oh well, I may as well join the rest of you folk and back Ashley over a man who has done everything for this club. I can see why people have backed Ashley over him though, I really can.

I don't back him, not at all. I'm sick of this one way shit where everything is pinned on Ashley and where KK is made out to be a saint. Lots of straw clutching going on from a lot of quality posters who views on everything else I like reading, but when this subject comes up it's like a flick is switched and a wall forms in front of their eyes. Saddening.

how come two managers left for the same reasons at the very same time? either it is sheer coincidence or is there an actual reason behind the timing and its the one tooj and me have outlined.

It's ASHLEY'S FAULT!

Let's keep discussing this in every thread :thup:

but they didn't go out and overrule him by buying players he didnt want earlier in the summer, it seemed there was a bit of consensus no matter how uneasy (ie letting him run the rule over bassong), as tooj said he raised issues after the chelsea game and it wasnt until the last day that it all blew up. same for curbishley too, he thought he could fix things but they went out and sold ferdinand without bringing in a replacement, and nani brought in his own playes. managers walking cos of interference from the boardroom is an occurence as old as football, keegan's no different to redknapp who did the same twice in the space of a year. and that's in response to eldiablo's 'get real' post as well.

What players did we buy that Keegan didn't want and who was missed that he did want?  The press says he didn't want Xisco but he did want Warnock, do you know any more?

Guest The Libertine

They pretty much had their strongest team out and we didn't even come close. I think we would have beaten them easily otherwise. We played alright on the whole and they played well.

I blame Freddy Shepherd and John Hall for selling the club to that evil non-Geordie Mike Ashley!

Two players (Owen, Viduka) from our best team. Sorry, but you can't blame injuries on this one.

Jonas got 15 mins because he only just returned, as did Barton. If they are fit enough to play the 90, we win this game easily imo.

How would we win it easily? When they'd both probably be bypassed anyway with the ball being aimed far beyond their reaches.

Did you watch the match?

You don't have the first clue what this means to people from this area so why bother offering comment?

:lol: fucks sake

What's your problem?

Kaka thinks I'm overreacting. I say that when he's actually seen the Tyne Bridge, he'll have the right to tell me I'm overreacting to a derby defeat. Until then, he should keep his fucking nose out.

you're telling him he shouldnt even bother having an opinion because he's not local?

classic.

He's not allowed to tell me I'm overreacting, no. Fairly fucking obvious iyam.

he wasnt the only person to say things about overreacting. passed without comment too i believe.

but whatever. overreact, underreact, who cares? at least you're local.

Listen lads it's a bad result and it hurts to get beat off this lot but look what it took; they have put some serious money down in the last 12 months assembling an average squad, they were playing us at the worst time in our recent history, we have an interim manager who hasnt been in the game for 4 years, we were away from home, we had no Owen or Viduka, Barton and Jonas (our best midfielders) are just coming back from injury, Butt was carrying an injury, Beye is still finding fitness, they had 45,000 screaming them on and it still could have quite easily been a draw.

We can give them one victory at their place every 30 years or so under these circumstances.

we simply didn't play well enough or with any ambition to win the game today. Our passing was awful & we didn't get players forward in any numbers. They had a very nervous keeper in and the conditions were difficult. At some stage we needed to press the play, get players forward and get some shots in.

Instead we defended fairly deep all match, chased around their players in midfield and played long balls in very windy conditions. There was no joining up from midfield as we were too far apart and had lost the ball before we could get anything going.

Once we got level the game was there; we lost this at HT, they went in under pressure and came back out and took the initiative. When JK looks back at the game he will probably think he got it wrong.

Look can you keep your comments on the game out of this thread, people are trying to have a meanigful moan about Ashley here.

Now..as I was saying..this is all Ashley's fault.

Did you watch the match?

What's your problem?

Kaka thinks I'm overreacting. I say that when he's actually seen the Tyne Bridge, he'll have the right to tell me I'm overreacting to a derby defeat. Until then, he should keep his f***ing nose out.

Oh I'm so torn up inside because the local Geordies don't accept me as a Newcastle supporter! Whatever will I do with myself!

If you think that gets to me your dead wrong. I'll support who the hell I want and in whaatever manner I choose too.

One thing I know for sure is that I support the club a whole lot better than some of the lot that gaze at the Tyne bridge all day. Verty ignorant statement.

Anyway ... my point about over reacting was in relation too dragging up the whole Ashley vs the Geordies bollox because we lost a close derby game at a very improved Sunderland side.

That is an embarrassing over reaction. By all means vent your frustraton over the game, but for fuck sake the world vs Ashley nonsense has been done to death already. No need drudging it up after every loss. Pathetic.

:jesuswept:

I'm embarrassed for you. Have you ever wondered why the team you "support" is called Newcastle?

It's actually a city in the North of England. Here, look: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newcastle_upon_tyne

Did you watch the match?

What's your problem?

If you think that gets to me your dead wrong. I'll support who the hell I want and in whaatever manner I choose too.

One thing I know for sure is that I support the club a whole lot better than some of the lot that gaze at the Tyne bridge all day. Verty ignorant statement.

Anyway ... my point about over reacting was in relation too dragging up the whole Ashley vs the Geordies bollox because we lost a close derby game at a very improved Sunderland side.

That is an embarrassing over reaction. By all means vent your frustraton over the game, but for fuck sake the world vs Ashley nonsense has been done to death already. No need drudging it up after every loss. Pathetic.

first defeat on wearisde in 28 years or something. this is a big deal, if you don't think so then wullie's got a point. mebbe the non local fans don't see the derby as such a big match, fair enough as they arent from the area so might not understand the nature of the rivalry, but that doesnt mean they should come on here and tell the locals they are over-reacting and embarrasing. fucking bullshit.

Did you watch the match?

What's your problem?

you're telling him he shouldnt even bother having an opinion because he's not local?

classic.

He's not allowed to tell me I'm overreacting, no. Fairly f***ing obvious iyam.

mackems.gif

Look mate - do you think Keegn would of lost that game?

Did you watch the match?

What's your problem?

If you think that gets to me your dead wrong. I'll support who the hell I want and in whatever manner I choose to.

One thing I know for sure is that I support the club a whole lot better than some of the lot that gaze at the Tyne bridge all day. Very ignorant statement.

Anyway ... my point about over reacting was in relation to dragging up the whole Ashley vs the Geordies bollox because we lost a close derby game at a very improved Sunderland side.

That is an embarrassing over reaction. By all means vent your frustraton over the game, but for f*** sake the world vs Ashley nonsense has been done to death already. No need drudging it up after every loss. Pathetic.

"If you think that gets to me your dead wrong. I'll support who the hell I want and in whatever manner I choose to. "

you have to be fucking kidding.....

Did you watch the match?

What's your problem?

classic.

mackems.gif

With players he bought? No.

Guest The Libertine

Did you watch the match?

What's your problem?

first defeat on wearisde in 28 years or something. this is a big deal, if you don't think so then wullie's got a point. mebbe the non local fans don't see the derby as such a big match, fair enough as they arent from the area so might not understand the nature of the rivalry, but that doesnt mean they should come on here and tell the locals they are over-reacting and embarrasing. fucking bullshit.

but the "locals" can tell the "outsiders" they cant have an opinion?

weird.

Did you watch the match?

What's your problem?

classic.

he wasnt the only person to say things about overreacting. passed without comment too i believe.

but whatever. overreact, underreact, who cares? at least you're local.

Seriously don't bother. It is a meaningless comment that has no effect on me whatsoever, and it shouldn't have on anyone who isn't local and still chooses to support the club, even in the awesome state it is in!

The theory that local supporters are great supporters by virtue of being local sort of correlates to the theory that local players i.e. Steven Taylor is a great player by virtue of being from the area.

Bollox theory, which "our" Steven continues to rubbish with every passing game.

Listen lads it's a bad result and it hurts to get beat off this lot but look what it took; they have put some serious money down in the last 12 months assembling an average squad, they were playing us at the worst time in our recent history, we have an interim manager who hasnt been in the game for 4 years, we were away from home, we had no Owen or Viduka, Barton and Jonas (our best midfielders) are just coming back from injury, Butt was carrying an injury, Beye is still finding fitness, they had 45,000 screaming them on and it still could have quite easily been a draw.

We can give them one victory at their place every 30 years or so under these circumstances.

Good post. It's taken all this for them to beat us - they ought to be ashamed of their celebrations like they've won the World Cup.

Did you watch the match?

What's your problem?

classic.

mackems.gif

Not what i asked.

Squirm as much as you like mate - but you know your way off with this one. Fucking disgraceful result, i know but JK is responsible for this one. The quality of the squad is not to blame for this result.

This is embarrassing, people can say whatever they want on this board and support Newcastle in whatever way they want aswell. This is a public message board, how dare anyone say to someone they arnt allowed to say something, what gives them the right? Living in Newcastle? Create a new board for just locals then. If the mackems could see this board now they would laugh their other leg off.

Good post. It's taken all this for them to beat us - they ought to be ashamed of their celebrations like they've won the World Cup.

I said that after the game like. Absolute knuckle draggers the lot of them.

But then again saying that if we hadn't beat them for that long at SJP, I could understand if our reactions were the same mind.

Did you watch the match?

What's your problem?

weird.

who says they can't have opinions? they can say what they like, but when they fail to understand the significance of the local derby and accuse locals of being embarrasing and over-reacting, they can fuck off. and tbf for 90% of outsiders they know what it means, there's just a few idiots who don't, and tbh i feel sorry that they'll never know.

Did you watch the match?

What's your problem?

first defeat on wearisde in 28 years or something. this is a big deal, if you don't think so then wullie's got a point. mebbe the non local fans don't see the derby as such a big match, fair enough as they arent from the area so might not understand the nature of the rivalry, but that doesnt mean they should come on here and tell the locals they are over-reacting and embarrasing. f***ing bullshit.

Can you read?

Yes it sucks that we lost and you can go mental if you need to. Throw yourself of the Tyne bridge if you like! Who cares?!

But the Ashley, Wise, Llambas, Keegans shit?! I think it is pretty much agreed we have had enough of this.

Very silly to start that nonsense of all over again.

Did you watch the match?

What's your problem?

classic.

mackems.gif

Not what i asked.

Squirm as much as you like mate - but you know your way off with this one. Fucking disgraceful result, i know but JK is responsible for this one. The quality of the squad is not to blame for this result.

I think JK is ok as an interim manager and have said that from the start. He got this one wrong, but I can remember people tearing their hair out over some of Keegan's selctions last season as well before he finally clicked by dropping Smith and Duff and bringing in Viduka and Martins.

Let's not knee jerk too quickly eh?

Did you watch the match?

What's your problem?

weird.

On a Tyne Wear derby?

Yes. They can. Some people are humble enough to realise that they can never understand what this means to us and some are just utter arseholes who think they have the right to tell people from Newcastle (it's actually a place) how to react when beaten by sunderland despite the fact they couldn't find either place on a map.