Other games this weekend

Dave

Was at Upton Park for the West Ham - Everton match.

Decent atmosphere for most of the match, but that might be just because I was stuck in the middle of what seems to be their "singing section." I was a bit disappointed with the Everton away support, pretty quiet untill they scored.

West Ham dominated for 70 minutes, and they fully deserved their first goal. Came a bit late if anything. For most of the match I was thinking that Everton were, utterly, utterly shite and would not score today. I may have been just a bit annoyed because I had backed three of their players to be first scorer  :angry:

When West Ham scored the crowd exploded and really started pushing their team on. I thought the game was done and dusted.... And then they collapsed. Just utterly collapsed.

Either they've got the most gutless bunch of players ever or they just don't give a shit. How can you not raise your game when the crowd is helping you on like that, much less descend into the abyss like that.

Mass exodus out from the home fans started the minute Everton scored the second goal, (hey media, I thought that only happened at Newcastle  :rolleyes:) When Everton scored the third pretty much the entire ground except for the away fans emptied. Suited me just fine, as it meant I could avoid the rush.

PS1: West Ham's continued attempts to somehow link Obama with the club are just... awkward.

PS2: West Ham fans behind me having a fit over Parker's "stupid pirouette turn things." Ah... Memories.  :lol:

Decent atmosphere for most of the match, but that might be just because I was stuck in the middle of what seems to be their "singing section." I was a bit disappointed with the Everton away support, pretty quiet untill they scored.

West Ham dominated for 70 minutes, and they fully deserved their first goal. Came a bit late if anything. For most of the match I was thinking that Everton were, utterly, utterly s**** and would not score today. I may have been just a bit annoyed because I had backed three of their players to be first scorer  :angry:

When West Ham scored the crowd exploded and really started pushing their team on. I thought the game was done and dusted.... And then they collapsed. Just utterly collapsed.

Either they've got the most gutless bunch of players ever or they just don't give a s***. How can you not raise your game when the crowd is helping you on like that, much less descend into the abyss like that.

Mass exodus out from the home fans started the minute Everton scored the second goal, (hey media, I thought that only happened at Newcastle  :rolleyes:) When Everton scored the third pretty much the entire ground except for the away fans emptied. Suited me just fine, as it meant I could avoid the rush.

PS1: West Ham's continued attempts to somehow link Obama with the club are just... awkward.

PS2: West Ham fans behind me having a fit over Parker's "stupid pirouette turn things." Ah... Memories.  :lol:

oldtype, I watched the game in a boozer on County Rd and I'm a bit smashed now. Our fans always travel in good numbers but we're not the loudest, home or away.

Absolute daylight robbery to get 3 points, we didn't even deserve a draw.

A mad 5 mins and a bit of class from Saha made me a very happy lad.  :D

I think King Gobshite Niall Quinn made a deliciously uncomfortable rod for his own back when he came out with his "the day Roy Keane leaves this club is the day i leave too". Does this mean Keane is unsackable? The truth of Keane's managerial record is that he did well to rejuvinate them and get promotion. Since then he has spent VAST ammounts of money on has beens or never weres. They were fortunate to avoid relegation last year and are struggling this year as well. Any other manager would have his neck on the block. Such though is Quinn's embarassing fawning over Keane, they wont get rid of him despite how poor they perform.

It however, wouldnt suprise me one jot to see him dummy spitting and packing it in if the kids and freeloaders who make up their home crowds decide to turn against him.

West Ham dominated for 70 minutes, and they fully deserved their first goal. Came a bit late if anything. For most of the match I was thinking that Everton were, utterly, utterly s**** and would not score today. I may have been just a bit annoyed because I had backed three of their players to be first scorer  :angry:

Either they've got the most gutless bunch of players ever or they just don't give a s***. How can you not raise your game when the crowd is helping you on like that, much less descend into the abyss like that.

oldtype, I watched the game in a boozer on County Rd and I'm a bit smashed now. Our fans always travel in good numbers but we're not the loudest, home or away.

Absolute daylight robbery to get 3 points, we didn't even deserve a draw.

A mad 5 mins and a bit of class from Saha made me a very happy lad.  :D

Aye, you were so poor I was more surprised than anything. Looked like Newcastle with Blue shirts for most of the match. Credit where credit's due though, you were able to force a lot of half decent crosses into the box and ultimately one (or two) of them was bound to hit the mark. #3 was just gravy.

Guest LucaAltieri

They were always going to score. They might have been behind but they were applying all the pressure. Malaga are absolute wank.