Ramos sacked; Harry Redknapp takes over at Spurs

Menace

Good communication. What's that like again?

:nods:

The lack of communication between NUFC and the fans has been disgraceful for some time now. Hats off to Levy for putting fans in the picture and explaining his decisions. Ashley could learn a few lessons from him. If he still wanted any part of us that is, which he obviously doesn't.

Good communication. What's that like again?

:nods:

The lack of communication between NUFC and the fans has been disgraceful for some time now. Hats off to Levy for putting fans in the picture and explaining his decisions. Ashley could learn a few lessons from him. If he still wanted any part of us that is, which he obviously doesn't.

yet this will be another clue about ashley really motives are for buying our club...

You still can't beat this man.

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~658224,00.html

Following media reports this morning, the Chairman wishes to make it clear that Alan Shearer has never said to him that he would knock 7 bells out of anyone.

:lol:

WTF ?

whats all that about?

There were claims in the paper that Shearer said he'd knock 7 bells out of Bellamy.

Cue a priceless club reaction.

You still can't beat this man.

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~658224,00.html

Following media reports this morning, the Chairman wishes to make it clear that Alan Shearer has never said to him that he would knock 7 bells out of anyone.

:lol:

WTF ?

whats all that about?

There were claims in the paper that Shearer said he'd knock 7 bells out of Bellamy.

Cue a priceless club reaction.

Thats from ages ago tho isn't it?

Tottenham are more of a joke than we are, FFS! :lol:

Expect Lassana Diarra to go to WHL in January.

Class player, wish we'd got him when he moved to Pompey.

Keegan was quoted in January as saying there wasn't anyone available (in the window) who would have improved us.

Keegan was quoted in January as saying there wasn't anyone available (in the window) who would have improved us.

Didn't he move when we were between managers? I seem to remember that being the case.

Didn't he move when we were between managers? I seem to remember that being the case.

Not sure. Seems to imply that we wouldn't have gone for him anyway...

For the right price... as far as i can recall, Diarra wanted wages that were way over the top.

So Spurs sack their entire first team staff and replace the manager within an hour.

And here we are, nearly 2 months later...

I really shouldn't have to point out to you that the two situations are completely different  :rolleyes:

For the right price... as far as i can recall, Diarra wanted wages that were way over the top.

Kevin Keegan dreams of record signing

George Caulkin

Kevin Keegan has reiterated his determination to “amaze” Newcastle United supporters and named his dream signing as Thierry Henry, the former Arsenal captain. Questioned by the club’s supporters on Thursday night, the manager conceded that the club are facing a relegation battle for the remainder of this season, but he remains characteristically positive about the future.

Keegan broke the world transfer record when he signed Alan Shearer from Blackburn Rovers in 1996 and, while Newcastle are now a vastly different institution, the Geordie "Messiah" is defined by his optimism. Returning the club to the upper echelons of the Barclays Premier League is not be a straightforward prospect, but he sees no reason why silverware cannot be won.

“It would be nice to beat a world record,” Keegan told BBC Radio Newcastle. “It would be nice to amaze people with the people we’re bringing in. We certainly have an owner who could help find the money. If I could sign one player, you’d want to bring Thierry Henry back to England. When you’re at pitch level and see what he can do to players ...”

Some fans were disappointed that Newcastle were unable to strengthen their squad during last month’s transfer window, but Keegan was adamant that he would not sign players for the sake of it. “I sat down with the owners and discussed the players available,” he said. “It was a wish-list, not a hit list, and by the time we crossed off the people who wouldn’t be available, there weren’t many left.”

Initially, however, Newcastle, who are twelfth in the table, have a more prosaic and pressing task. “The last time we came into this division, I thought ‘consolidation’ was a word we shouldn’t use, but now the first priority is to make sure we get enough points to secure safety,” Keegan admitted. “I know we’ve got a tough fixture list. I was fully aware of the task. I’m absolutely aware of that.

“We’re just on the edge of it (the relegation battle) and we’ve got to be good enough not to get sucked right into it. All our away games are against teams in the top half, but we know what we’ve got to do. We’ve got to stabilise the club. If we can do that and give fans hope that things will get better next year, I think that’ll be enough for them.”

Keegan, who last left the club in 1997, resigned from the England job and left Manchester City prior to the end of his contract, refuted his reputation as a “quitter”. “When I left here – and I was here for five years – I’d worked with people to try and turn this club around and I was made promises and those promises weren’t kept quite frankly,” he said. “There were loads of them.

“The England thing, I stood up and said exactly what I felt. No one can say I wasn’t honest. I didn’t apply for it, I was head-hunted, I took the job on but it didn’t do enough for me. A lot of the odds are stacked against you. At Manchester City, to be honest, I had a five-year contract and I said after three and a half years, I wouldn’t sign another one ... But I waited a year and three months for them to pay (his contract) up, to help the club out. People don’t realise that.”

Keegan said again that he is satisfied with the appointment of Dennis Wise as Newcastle’s executive director. “They didn’t go behind my back,” he said. “I knew they were going to get a director of football and we desperately need that. Chris Mort is a great chairman, but he’s a lawyer by trade. Mike Ashley [the owner] is the main man and he wanted some people on the board he could relate to.

“It was in place before I came. Harry Redknapp would have taken the same deal. Of the three names mentioned to me, I’m pleased Dennis the one they plumped for. I know him, I picked him for England and I think he was going to finish with Leeds anyway. I’m meeting him again [on Friday]. Fans shouldn’t see it as a negative. It’s a plus for the club because he’s going to be putting in parts to the club that have been overlooked.

“We’ve already got one guy from Italy and there are two more from other parts of the world that we can look at. Whilst local kids coming through are important, if they’re not here at the present moment, the club is right to look further afield. Manchester City are competing for them and paying money in compensation and Liverpool are doing it. If you can’t beat them, you have to join them.”

from: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/newcastle/article3330517.ece

I would be very interested to hear the conversation between Ashley and Kelmsley where Kelmsley explains why they have ditched their DOF policy.

(Of course I am at the minute taking the assumption that this is the structure that it now going to be in place with Redknapp at the helm... if not young Jamie has some explaining to do to his Dad)

Yup.

Our budget was much lower than £20 million. ;)

Only because we robbed Villa when we took £12 million off them for Milner and we robbed Mallorca when we took Jonas for nothing, add to that the money we have stolen off West Ham for Dyer.  How much is that worth and how long is it since we've had 3 such deals in our favour.  If we'd kept Milner and paid the asking price for Jonas we'd have had a net spend of something like £25 million and most people would have been happy that we'd spent that much.  If we'd kept Dyer in the previous summer window we'd have had a net spend them of £17 million, going off the figure of £9 million mentioned by Allardyce.

Thats a lot of ifs...

In Harry, we are also accepting with his appointment that now is the right time for us to move back to a more traditional style of football management at our Club. one which we believe will be capable of initiating our climb back up the Premier League table and to maintaining our challenge in the UEFA, Carling and FA Cup competitions"..Levy

The end of this DOF lark?

Old droopy mush jumping ship, telling me has not just gone for the money and to be back in London, feel sorry for Pompey he should be ashamed just fkn off like that.

You can't blame him. It's a golden opportunity for him. He's probably taken Portsmouth as far as they could go, given their resources.

Redknapp can't have much longer in the game - I bet he didn't turn us down without having a good long think about it.

Avram Grant will be the new Pompey boss IMO.

That would be good aswell imo.

Doubt it after a 15million? bid was rejected in summer