Shearer Yes or No?

Guest sicko2ndbest
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

imho the time is not right for him.

we need somebody with skill and experiance that can stabalise the club and the team and get us winning matches.

we need somebody in with at least a 5 year plan and a proven track record.

Keegan is not the right man to do this.

yes he was forced to manage under a system which he did'nt agree with but if he really loved this club and understood exactly what the fans wanted he'd not have walked away again

i think if shearer did come in, he'd bring dalglish in some sort of capacity to be his mentor / adviser type.

i'd much prefer him to come in at a time where the club is a lot more stable with a foundation for him to build on.

Dalglish did a great job at Celtic when he was working with John Barnes.

i think if shearer did come in, he'd bring dalglish in some sort of capacity to be his mentor / adviser type.

i'd much prefer him to come in at a time where the club is a lot more stable with a foundation for him to build on.

Dalglish did a great job at Celtic when he was working with John Barnes.

fair point lol.

One thing that i fear of Shearer as a manager, is that he'd be a 'jobs-for-the-boys' type of boss. Ie, picking players like Smith, Butt, etc. We really, desperately, crucially need someone to take us out of this mode, which has been here since Souness took over. Keegan sort of eradicated it, but i reckon he still would have relied on the likes of Butt.

We need to get out of these sort of methods and ideas right away or we'll be stuck in the bottom half/lower for a long while. The game is changing rapidly.

Guest sicko2ndbest

One thing that i fear of Shearer as a manager, is that he'd be a 'jobs-for-the-boys' type of boss. Ie, picking players like Smith, Butt, etc. We really, desperately, crucially need someone to take us out of this mode, which has been here since Souness took over. Keegan sort of eradicated it, but i reckon he still would have relied on the likes of Butt.

We need to get out of these sort of methods and ideas right away or we'll be stuck in the bottom half/lower for a long while. The game is changing rapidly.

Too much at stake for him to want that! He will understand the need for flair as he was an attcking player himself. He got most of his goals from top quality supply and he will want that in his team

Every manager has his fovorites/reliables.

No. Needs proving.

He could do that here

Would you want to take the risk?

Very few top players make good managers. If we took a risk on him and he turned out to be Souness in disguise we couldn't realistically get rid of him for fear that the masses would go mental again. We can't afford to take a risk in our current situation.

At least if he tries at a League 1\Championship club like Ince we'd know he's half decent.

This!. He needs to prove himself in the lower leagues first and he couldn't hack it and the Arab sacks him we wouldn't want banners saying "Al Khaida out", now would we?.

I'm not going to say yes or no on this one. I have a feeling Shearer could turn out to be a very good manager but that's all it is - a feeling. No one will really know until he's been given a crack at it. Of course we still don't know if when push comes to shove Shearer will actually want the job. My biggest worry is that if he's made manager and turns out to be uninspiring, he's virtually unsackable. If the Arabs buy the club they should know that appointing Shearer could backfire on them if things don't go well.

If it did happen he'd have my full support though.

I think he would sort the players out. I'm sure he's hurting as much as everyone so will teach them how to have some passion and care about this club, and anyone who gives less than 100% he will not play. I think he's also one of the few people who the fans would get 100% behind.

But he would not be my first choice.

I think Shearer has it in him to be a great manager. He has such a strong presence and is a top professional, but can also be a bit of a jokster as well. Personality wise definitely.

The biggest issue is the current state of the squad. We do not have a quality side which just needs the right man to lead it, which would be perfect for Shearer, but instead we have a woefully inadequate squad that is lacking quality in numerous areas.

Herein lies the biggest problem. Considering that it is likely the new owners will be willing to spend in January, to ensure we are well equipped to stave of relegation, who the hell would Alan Shearer buy??? I can't even begin to imagine tbh. It's one thing no one has any idea about, but it is probably the most important issue with our team. We can't afford any mistakes in this area.

I wouldn't mind Sven tbh. I think he got shafted at Man City big time.

Actually ... I would take anyone who would immediately relieve Butt of his first team duties.