N'Zogbia: Lyon interested according to agent

TêteDeMaure

Transferts - Paris suit N'Zogbia

[ Transferts - Lundi 27 Octobre 2008 - 19h21 ]

A l'approche du mercato hivernal, le PSG commence à prospecter.

Même si le club ne fera pas de folies, les dirigeants recherchent tout de même un joueur pouvant évoluer coté gauche. Armand et Rothen n'ont pour le moment aucune doublure.

Selon l'Equipe du jour, les Parisiens suivraient donc avec attention Charles N'Zogbia. Actuellement à Newcastle et sous contrat jusqu'en 2012, l'international espoir français pourrait se montrer intéressé par l'appel du PSG. De plus, le joueur de 22 ans présente l'avantage de jouer aussi bien en défense qu'au milieu.

Le quotidien nous apprend également que le PSG suit encore Mathieu Bodmer (Lyon) ainsi que Ronaldo.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In a nutshell, this PSG website (equivalent to this site) has lifted this rumour/story from L'Equipe newspaper (prominent daily french sports newspaper), that PSG will be persuing N'Zogbia in the winter as they need a left sided player, who's contracted to Newcastle until 2012 and that the French international could be interested by their interest.

A year or two ago i'd be so pissed off to see him go anywhere, now i don't think i'd much care, i dont think many people would.

All very meh on the N'Zogbia front now. But the fact of the matter is, it reminds us of the reality, beyond the negative euphoria that's going on around us atm. Our squad's paper thin and we can't afford to be going into January, in our state, needing to replace players. We seem to find January hard enough at the best of times.

I struggle to think of any player at this club who truthfully, 100% wants to be here - even the die hards like Given, Butt, etc. What the hell does that say for the likes of Zog. :rolleyes:

Sick of everything. Have we ever, in the Premiership, been in as much shit as we are now? Fed up - well and truly.

Also reported here. http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=935117

PSG Chase N'Zogbia?

Newcastle midfielder Charles N'Zogbia may be on his way out of St James' Park come January.

Unconfirmed reports in the French media suggest that Newcastle United's left-sided midfielder Charles N'Zogbia may be a target for Paris Saint-Germain.

The French U-21 international, who has struggled to hold down a consistent spot in the starting eleven on Tyneside, may well be keen on a ove back to his homeland. Were he to sign for PSG, then he would have the opportunity to link up once more with Guillaume Hoarau, the striker with whom N'Zogbia starred in Le Havre's youth team.

22 year old N'Zogbia would be a useful addition at the Parc des Princes, providing cover as he does for both left midfielder Jerome Rothen and left-back Sylvain Armand. N'Zogbia has performed well in both positions for Newcastle.

The player's contract at St James' Park runs until 2012. However, the current uncertainties that surround the situation on Tyneside would be enough to unsettle any player. N'Zogbia may well feel that a move back home would provide him with the stability he needs to develop his career.

With an interim manager and a derby defeat at the weekend, the Frenchman is unlikely to be the last Newcastle player linked with a move away from the North-East.

All very meh on the N'Zogbia front now. But the fact of the matter is, it reminds us of the reality, beyond the negative euphoria that's going on around us atm. Our squad's paper thin and we can't afford to be going into January, in our state, needing to replace players. We seem to find January hard enough at the best of times.

I struggle to think of any player at this club who truthfully, 100% wants to be here - even the die hards like Given, Butt, etc. What the hell does that say for the likes of Zog. :rolleyes:

Sick of everything. Have we ever, in the Premiership, been in as much s*** as we are now? Fed up - well and truly.

outside the top 4 how many clubs have 1 or 2 players who truthfully 100% want to be there ?

Sick of everything. Have we ever, in the Premiership, been in as much s*** as we are now? Fed up - well and truly.

Think of what has happened during these players career when they've been here. Why the f*** would any of them want to be loyal to this when it can't keep a stable owner...never mind a manager.

Think of what has happened during these players career when they've been here. Why the f*** would any of them want to be loyal to this when it can't keep a stable owner...never mind a manager.

Aye, i can't say i've got a great deal against them for wanting to be away. A lot of them could do a hell of a lot better than this shower of shit.

"ZOMG dey are not blameless u no!!!11" ... no, i know they're not blameless - but the fact of the matter is, we've got a lot of quality players in this squad who could be at much better clubs, and they know it.

Speculation all the way!

Next best thing to a London club really as far as his France aspirations/ big city nightlife goes.

His family are in London now thats why we get the London clubsd linked, I suppose if they all fancy a move back home it could then happen.

Guest timmy boy

He has definitely failed to live up to his early potential,shame really because he was excellent in 05/06, hasn't really kicked on from then.I wonder how much teams would be prepared to pay for him, around the 4 million mark ? 

We need players who can beat a man, and he's one of only a handful in our squad who are capable of that.

For that alone, I don't want him to leave. We're desperately short of flair, creativity and pace as it is without making the situation worse - irrespective of his consistency or end product.

Failed to live up to his potential big time at the age of 22... aren't we being a little harsh? Half of it isn't even his fault.

I'd be fucking livid if he goes, tbh. Nevermind for 4 fucking mil when James Milner went for 3 times that.

We need players who can beat a man, and he's one of only a handful in our squad who are capable of that.

For that alone, I don't want him to leave. We're desperately short of flair, creativity and pace as it is without making the situation worse - irrespective of his consistency or end product.

we dont need players who can beat 3 men but then keep the ball till they run it out or give it away.

n'zogbia has loads of talent.....i'm not convinced he'll ever fulfill it.