N'Zogbia: Lyon interested according to agent

TêteDeMaure

Kinnear is another in a long line of managers who have favoured Duff over Zog, so I don't see why he wouldn't want to look for regular football somewhere else. I can guarantee one thing, Tottenham, or Villa won't be trying to buy Duff instead. Personally I'm not sure he was going anyway, but after today he might.

Best player when he came on today. Not good enough for Arsenal but good enough to be comfortably our best winger

the game changed when he came on. as much to do with we had a central midfielder who would move forward even just a bit ,more than anything he actually done with the ball.

another change that happened around that time was that gutierrez and duff decided not to just stick to their respective wings so we had a bit of MOVEMENT even with them occasionally popping up on the same side (even with the bloke behind me screaming at them to get on their own wings)

Best player when he came on today. Not good enough for Arsenal but good enough to be comfortably our best winger

the game changed when he came on. as much to do with we had a central midfielder who would move forward even just a bit ,more than anything he actually done with the ball.

another change that happened around that time was that gutierrez and duff decided not to just stick to their respective wings so we had a bit of MOVEMENT even with them occasionally popping up on the same side (even with the bloke behind me screaming at them to get on their own wings)

Exactly right Madras.

After today's game, I'd like to see N'Zogbia in the center of midfield with Guthrie.  He may not have the passing and vision of a traditional center mid but he has pace and drive that would add a totally different dimension to our attack.  95% of our offense when we build up is down the wings and trying to throw it crosses to our strikers, totally bypassing midfield.  We are completely predictable going forward.

I'm a fan of Zog, admittedly.  This is a move that can accommodate JFK wanting to play Duff.  It might also make him change his mind and want to stay, especially since he defo isn't going to Arsenal.  I would give one more shot at it before giving up on him. 

After today's game, I'd like to see N'Zogbia in the center of midfield with Guthrie.  He may not have the passing and vision of a traditional center mid but he has pace and drive that would add a totally different dimension to our attack.  95% of our offense when we build up is down the wings and trying to throw it crosses to our strikers, totally bypassing midfield.  We are completely predictable going forward.

I'm a fan of Zog, admittedly.  This is a move that can accommodate JFK wanting to play Duff.  It might also make him change his mind and want to stay, especially since he defo isn't going to Arsenal.  I would give one more shot at it before giving up on him. 

agree.. N'Zogbia can do a good job as an attacking midfielder.. that'd probably weaken our defence, despite Guthrie's brilliant form lately, but I'd rather have a weakened defence than Nicky Butt trying to break both teams' attacking play..

especially against weaker sides like fucking Hull - Guthrie and N'Zogbia will work better

At home aye Zoggy and Guthrie CM pairing could work, maybe a bit leight weight but look at the other options Geremi or Butt, well until Barton and Smith are back that is.

We need Zoggy its as simple as that, maybve let him go int he summer but not now, we are in real trouble and we cannot afford to lose players like him.

Can't believe he got a mixed reception today! :lol:

I'm not saying he deserved to get booed or anything .......but giving him cheers? For what exactly? :lol:

Must have been some 15 years old kids or something. :rolleyes:

Maybe cos he's a damn good player that should be in the first XI?

I still would be amazed if these comments were accurate, he seems a very mild mannered person and I just don't think he'd be doing it.

You dont half talk utter tripe at times Nixon.

At home aye Zoggy and Guthrie CM pairing could work, maybe a bit leight weight but look at the other options Geremi or Butt, well until Barton and Smith are back that is.

We need Zoggy its as simple as that, maybve let him go int he summer but not now, we are in real trouble and we cannot afford to lose players like him.

What?  Players that don't want to play for the club?

As far as I'm concerned once players say they want away should be the last time they pull on the shirt.

Guest palnese

As far as I'm concerned once players say they want away should be the last time they pull on the shirt.

that including given?

that including given?

Those quotes were from Given's agent/ solicitor weren't they?

Spot on Zoggy gets booed Given gets love, he is in turmoil with the mess of the club I can understand that I think  most fans feel the same and his performace was not one of a want away player he was profesional in everything he did. I am angered at him talking tot he press over it but nothing can be gained by letting him go. We should be trying to prove to him as a club that there is ambition and belief we are going to climb the table and are going to  sign top players.

that including given?

Those quotes were from Given's agent/ solicitor weren't they?

He hasn't come out to deny them though has he? So if Zog had got his agent to tell the press that he wanted out that'd  be ok too would it?

It's both or neither really in that kind of situation I'd say.

A fine sentiment but basically we wouldn't have enough players to field a team if we enforced that. Footballers are always looking to move, it's just the way of the world these days. The only difference between them is how explicit they are in their words.

Redknap's latest comments:

“The money is there. We tried to get Downing but Middlesbrough didn’t want to sell him, so that’s dead now," he told the Sunday Times.

"It’s not going to change, so we move on. We need a left-footer to give us balance. Jamie O’Hara came on there against Burnley and did well, and Gareth Bale can move forward one from left-back and do the job, so we’re not desperate, but Downing would give us that bit more.”

Wouldn't suprise me if they put it an offer for our sulky little frenchman. He's the obvious choice after Downing.

We don't need to get rid of Zog, get rid of the Kinnear instead and let him go manage the Pig and Whistle which is more what he's suited to. Start Zoggy ahead of the geriatrics and he'll happily stay IMO.

We don't need to get rid of Zog, get rid of the Kinnear instead and let him go manage the Pig and Whistle which is more what he's suited to. Start Zoggy ahead of the geriatrics and he'll happily stay IMO.

He made his comments after playing 90 mins in 6 successive league games.

And TBF to Kinnear, he isn't the first manager to leave Zog out of the team on a regular basis.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/01/12/charles-n-zogbia-backed-to-remain-at-nufc-72703-22673386/

Charles N'Zogbia backed to remain at NUFC

Jan 12 2009 by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

CHARLES N’ZOGBIA has been told once again how important he is to Newcastle United.

Quotes attributed to N’Zogbia in a French newspaper claiming he wanted to quit Newcastle went around the world on Friday but Joe Kinnear insisted the player is going nowhere and that his agent’s interference was fuelling the speculation.

And in response to talk that the Parisian wants to leave Tyneside, large sections of the St James’s Park crowd booed the winger on to the field against the Hammers.

However, Chris Hughton has confirmed the decision to drop N’Zogbia was a tactical.

And Hughton also revealed today that United’s management team have given N’Zogbia a pep talk with the player contracted to the Magpies until 2012.

He told the Chronicle today: “One thing that becomes difficult these days is agents, but we’ve spoken to Charles, and he knows he is an important player to us.

“The most important thing is that when you make a substitution, that he can have an impact on the game, and I thought he did. We needed to push players from midfield.

“When Geremi came off it wasn’t a question of him playing poorly, but we needed more offensive runs from midfield, and Charles is able to do that.”

Speaking on the decision to drop N’Zogbia, Hughton added: “He picked up a dead leg at Hull last week. He hadn’t trained all week, and if we’d have started him, and he’d have got a knock on what was a week’s injury, it could have turned into a two-week injury.

“We couldn’t take the chance with him at this particular moment. We always felt he would have to come on, but we were also aware we’ve got another game on Wednesday.”

N’Zogbia was today linked with a move to Aston Villa who are reportedly prepared to offer England international left-back Nicky Shorey in exchange.

Meanwhile Aussie midfielder Mark Bresciano has been offered to Premier League clubs from Serie A side Palermo. United were on that list of clubs for the 28-year-old as are Middlesbrough, Blackburn and Fulham.