N'Zogbia: Lyon interested according to agent

TêteDeMaure

He played extensive minutes in 06/07 because of Duff's (and our entire squad's) injury woes. Roeder played him on the left, the right, and the center. He was utter, utter, unmitigated shit.

He played plenty of games again in 07/08. Allardyce played him at left back which is not admittedly his best position, but he was stunted going forward and useless defensively. He contributed nothing. Keegan played him briefly, but he had no part in our end of the season resurgence.

This season he's been even worse at left back than he was in 07/08.

He has contributed absolutely nothing to the club since his spell in 05/06. All of this has been accompanied by whining to the tabloids and asking for a transfer every single transfer window and falling out in some form with every manager that's been here.

Is it really realistic to think that Roeder, Allardyce, Keegan, and Kinnear, who all see him in training, see him playing close-up, know him personally, and know far more about football than we ever will are all simply deluded idiots, and that the fans are the only ones who see his talent?

I think he's simply of a case of potential going to waste because of bad attitude. I won't shed a tear when he leaves.

To me, while there are some elements of truth to that (in terms of timings/his form), it's rewriting history for the most part - at best it's simply using horrible overstatements (edit: bolded them bits, to show what I mean).

Rather he left to PSG than someone else in the premier league. He needs one on one motivating and confidence, but to some extent you really have to earn that when there is competition for your place or you will be left behind.

If we invest in a LB and a decent RW then N'Zogbia wont be missed.

I can't blame him for wanting out.. I'm sure he'll rip them apart in the French league.

what's even more depressing is that uncle Joe is eager to sign Riise for his replacement and drop Enrique.. Duff/N'Zogbia situation all over again..

I'm afraid Kinnear has not watched Riise this season, maybe last too. awful, awful decision.

He played extensive minutes in 06/07 because of Duff's (and our entire squad's) injury woes. Roeder played him on the left, the right, and the center. He was utter, utter, unmitigated shit.

He played plenty of games again in 07/08. Allardyce played him at left back which is not admittedly his best position, but he was stunted going forward and useless defensively. He contributed nothing. Keegan played him briefly, but he had no part in our end of the season resurgence.

He has contributed absolutely nothing to the club since his spell in 05/06. All of this has been accompanied by whining to the tabloids and asking for a transfer every single transfer window and falling out in some form with every manager that's been here.

Is it really realistic to think that Roeder, Allardyce, Keegan, and Kinnear, who all see him in training, see him playing close-up, know him personally, and know far more about football than we ever will are all simply deluded idiots, and that the fans are the only ones who see his talent?

I think he's simply of a case of potential going to waste because of bad attitude. I won't shed a tear when he leaves.

What utter rot.

He wasn't, and he only started ten league games (a disgraceful amount for a player who had set us alight the year before). He came off the bench in the first game of the season and set the winner up while Duff put in his first of his disgusting performances in black and white. That should have been enough to see him starting but it wasn't. I remember we played Pompey just before Christmas and him and Oba absolutely tore them to bits - 1-0 with Charlie setting up the winner but it could have been many more.

:lol:  A goal at Bolton, a goal of the season contender at Boro and a phenomenal showing at SJP against West Ham where he set two up and scored the other before the end of September - all at left back - and he STILL didn't get the chance he richly deserved on the left wing.

:lol:  If Ronaldo went in goal, he'd be shit as well, I can't understand why Man Utd haven't peddled him. ???

He's got more patience than me in just asking for a transfer. If I saw Damien Duff crossing the road, I'd accelerate.

Hilarious to hold up Allardyce, Roeder and Kinnear as bastions of footballing knowledge. Keegan binned Duff and got results.

Not bad attitude, bad management.

Keegan binned Duff and N'Zogbia to be fair when it came to our resurgence.

Plus Zog could attack better from left back than left wing because he gets more space. I really can't remember him having a good game on the left wing in the past 18 months, and I'd never have him at left back unless we were chasing a game as he is woeful defensively.

I think that's an intriguing point.  Why is it he's never had a real chance under these managers in his best position?  And they've consistently preferred the underperforming Duff?

I think that's an intriguing point.  Why is it he's never had a real chance under these managers in his best position?  And they've consistently preferred the underperforming Duff?

Same reason that no-one's bothered to replace Nicky Butt (and the same reason I think Alan Smith will be straight back into the side when he gets back).

not just the under performing duff but there was the season when zog,duff and milner were all given a go on the left...milner was the pick of the three.

I'll be very disappointed to see Charlie leave tbh. He's exciting to watch and he has raw talent- something not many people in our squad have (Martins and Jonas the exceptions).

To think we'd be sacrificing someone like N'Zogbia while keeping that lazy paddy c*nt Damien Duff here makes me sick. Why Duff should stay instead of Zogg is beyond me. At least Zogg runs with the ball and can beat players.

At times last season he was brilliant for us (the West Ham (H) game stands out most) and he was fantastic in the 05/06 season. Shame Kinnear is such a dumb f*ck to realise that he's miles better than Duff. We've even seen it this season like against Wigan when Zogg came on and we looked much sharper. No coincidence imo.

Plus Zog could attack better from left back than left wing because he gets more space. I really can't remember him having a good game on the left wing in the past 18 months, and I'd never have him at left back unless we were chasing a game as he is woeful defensively.

N'Zogbia was injured for most of that spell, wasn't he?

Erm, not massive opposition but two that immediately spring to mind are Stoke City (h) last season in the FA Cup (Keegan's return night) and Coventry City (a) this season in the League Cup?

Now I know for a fact that my memory is bad, but some of you on here are practically amnesic (when it suits).

Also, KK quite gladly had him at left back on a fair few occasions, so he must have seen something in him. Zog started this season alright in that position, actually, until everything came crashing down.

Same reason that no-one's bothered to replace Nicky Butt (and the same reason I think Alan Smith will be straight back into the side when he gets back).

I think it is a good point, to be fair to oldtype who raised it and I don't think that's a decent answer, Wullbert. Edit: though I think it's unfair of Kitman to lump KK into the suggested managers, as he played 4-3-3 for a good majority of his tenure (while Zog was crocked for a lot of it too) and had Jonas/Milner/Geremi wide in the games he oversaw this season, not Duff.

Something is amiss that we obviously aren't seeing/aren't privy to, or Duff has to play to justify his massive wage packet? It could be a number of things, really.

I know why Charlie doesn't get picked by a lot of managers, it's because he gets in a strop when he's not played first choice left wing. It's not even that he's such a fantastic player, he doesn't 'play for the team' as much as Duff does. But while we got a great result yesterday, we never looked like scoring and safe reliable (but shit) players like Duff are the reason why.

That's why N'Zogbia will be head-hunted by decent teams while Damien Duff will stay here being a good lad and picking up wages for fannying around for 90 mins.

I think it is a good point, to be fair to oldtype who raised it and I don't think that's a decent answer, Wullbert. Edit: though I think it's unfair of Kitman to lump KK into the suggested managers, as he played 4-3-3 for a good majority of his tenure (while Zog was crocked for a lot of it too) and had Jonas/Milner/Geremi wide in the games he oversaw this season, not Duff.

Something is amiss that we obviously aren't seeing/aren't privy to, or Duff has to play to justify his massive wage packet? It could be a number of things, really.

Why isn't it an answer? Players like Duff, Smith, Butt will be picked on what their name is.

Can't be bothered to do the quote box thing.

Zog was mediocre~shit every time he came on the pitch in 06/07, look through old match threads and see some of the comments. If I recall correctly, he got plenty of time in the first half of the season until he fell out with roeder and barely played again for the rest of it.

Zog had exactly three good games in 07/08, the ones you mentioned: Bolton(H), Boro(A), and West Ham (H). I don't know what went on after that, whether he fell out with Allardyce, or went into "I don't want to be here anymore" mode, but he disappeared after that, going completely anonymous along with the rest of the useless fuckers.

LB is his secondary position. He plays it for the French U21 team. He should at least be moderately competent there. Seriously, "Ronaldo in goal?" have a word. :lol:

As incompetent as we may like to think Roeder/Allardyce/Kinnear are, they are professional football managers. They know far more about football than keyboard warriors like us ever will, and have access to training sessions, something we don't. I'm willing to concede that one manager may get something wrong that the forum gets right, but all three of them PLUS Kevin Keegan? Seriously?

Zog was mediocre~shit every time he came on the pitch in 06/07, look through old match threads and see some of the comments. If I recall correctly, he got plenty of time in the first half of the season until he fell out with roeder and barely played again for the rest of it.

Zog had exactly three good games in 07/08, the ones you mentioned: Bolton(H), Boro(A), and West Ham (H). I don't know what went on after that, whether he fell out with Allardyce, or went into "I don't want to be here anymore" mode, but he disappeared after that, going completely anonymous along with the rest of the useless fuckers.

LB is his secondary position. He plays it for the French U21 team. He should at least be moderately competent there. Seriously, "Ronaldo in goal?" have a word. :lol:

As incompetent as we may like to think Roeder/Allardyce/Kinnear are, they are professional football managers. They know far more about football than keyboard warriors like us ever will, and have access to training sessions, something we don't. I'm willing to concede that one manager may get something wrong that the forum gets right, but all three of them PLUS Kevin Keegan? Seriously?

Do you think Ronaldo would be the same player he is now if Fergie had binned him and replaced him with Damien Duff after his first season (where he showed little more than Charlie did bursting onto the scene here)?

Why do you think he didn't? Why hasn't Wenger replaced Fabregas with Nicky Butt?

So he will demand to be sold eh? if its true then I am sure Ahsley will sell him in the blink of an eye, JK is not going to get any say on who leaves. At least if he goes to PSG we wont see him become a class player in the Prem..

Good stuff, Wullie. I'd have my two cents worth here but i'd just be repeating what you've said.

Quality young player with bags of raw talent. Pace, flair, shooting ability, reasonable crossing ability - he had the makings of a really good winger and proved so in his first season.

Aye his attitude has been a bit stroppy but look at the shite managers we've had man. Roeder didn't know whether he was coming or going and Allardye was a stubborn twat. I'd have loved to have seen Keegan get his teeth into Zoggy (no innuendoes) and turned him into the player he ought to be.

A stroppy character with less-than ideal attitude, but there's been fucking stacks of awesome players in this league through the years with shite attitudes. He's been woefully mismanaged. He's not the only one it's happened to, either. Robert, Bellamy, Kluivert, Luque, Dyer, off the top of my head - moody bastards but who were mint with the ball. The only difference between them and Zog is that we managed to peddle em cos they had reputations.

Sir Bobby Robson got the best out of them players cos he was a fucking brilliant manager and a fantastic man-to-man leader.

Do you think Ronaldo would be the same player he is now if Fergie had binned him and replaced him with Damien Duff after his first season (where he showed little more than Charlie did bursting onto the scene here)?

Why do you think he didn't? Why hasn't Wenger replaced Fabregas with Nicky Butt?

Funnily enough I was just thinking that yesterday watching the Sunday Supplement when the journos were saying that Arsenal didn't have a defensive midfielder who could break up play. Nicky Butt's in the last year of his contract, if he's half as good as his reputation, why don't Arsenal snap him up for £1.5m in January?

Answer: because they don't want their midfield to start developing rust.