Fulham vs Newcastle United 9/11/08 Pre-match thread

Taylor Swift

I reckon i'd rather see Shola keep his place alongside Martins for this one, you can't drop in form players for a name, it effects moral big time.

Owen on the bench to come on if needed.

i think thats what'll probably happen like, and rightly so

You know what amazes me? The fact that we have a good team, and only if Butt and Shola could have another good game we might nick this one 3-0 or soemthing aslong as our defenders dont mess it up. Guti, Duff, Martins and Barton are all creative and Beye can cross, so im not surprised we onyesterday, we just need to keep our heads down and get on with this, we have a better team than Fulham we just need to prove !

Howay the lads'!

Looking at the weekends fixtures a win here could push us up to 8th.

Need  Villa to beat Boro, Man city lose or draw with Spuds, pompey and scum to draw, West ham and Everton draw would be nice, Then Sunday Chelski to beat Blackurn, and we must win.

I love how both of you have gone to the trouble of looking that up. :lol:

Skirge has made it sound a lot harder to work out than it was tbf. :lol:

:lol: how? anyone could look at the table and see if we won we would move to 15 points and thats 8th, but you have to then take into account all the teams above us and who they are playing and what result we would need them to get. Fact is even if we do win we won't be going 8th, we are not lucky enough for that many results to go our way.

Looking at the weekends fixtures a win here could push us up to 8th.

Need  Villa to beat Boro, Man city lose or draw with Spuds, pompey and scum to draw, West ham and Everton draw would be nice, Then Sunday Chelski to beat Blackurn, and we must win.

I love how both of you have gone to the trouble of looking that up. :lol:

Skirge has made it sound a lot harder to work out than it was tbf. :lol:

:lol: how? anyone could look at the table and see if we won we would move to 15 points and thats 8th, but you have to then take into account all the teams above us and who they are playing and what result we would need them to get. Fact is even if we do win we won't be going 8th, we are not lucky enough for that many results to go our way.

After 12 games it does not really mater anyway. 1st, 12th of last it probably won't have an effect on where we finish.  Stop thinking about it.

Okay, its not good for motivation to be bottom.  We should focus on winning and not loosing - nothing else.  If we do that we will be safe and climb the table, simple.

We played brilliant football last night, but i still think we should change a bit in the formation.

I'd  go with:

Given

Beye  Colo  Taylor  Enrique

Jonas  Guthrie  Barton Zoggy

Ameobi  Martins

Keep Owen on the bench and give him 20+ mins later on.

Guest nufc_kev

We played brilliant football last night, but i still think we should change a bit in the formation.

I'd  go with:

Given

Beye  Colo   Taylor   Enrique

Ameobi  Martins

I thought the reserves were average tbh.

I'd almost be satisfied with a draw out of this.

I mean, sure, Fulham is a winnable game, but if we go there and try to win and only come out with a draw I'll be happy enough.

Keep us ticking over, not the easiest place to go, and with our last 2 games being wins we can afford to drop points, assuming we beat Wigan.

I'd  go with:

Given

Beye  Colo   Taylor   Enrique

Ameobi  Martins

I thought the reserves were average tbh.

My bad :lol:

The Eight Bells is nice, but always packed. Froze my bollocks off standing outside there last season. Think that was later in the year though...

It's warm when you're downing lager surrounded by 5000 toon fans singing

The Eight Bells is nice, but always packed. Froze my bollocks off standing outside there last season. Think that was later in the year though...

It's warm when you're downing lager surrounded by 5000 toon fans signing

Would love to agree, but it just isn't! I've been living in the south tooo long :(

It's warm when you're downing lager surrounded by 5000 toon fans singing

Would love to agree, but it just isn't! I've been living in the south tooo long :(

we always just stand outside, you southern fairy

If we're level after 70 minutes, with Owen and Geremi still on the bench, then it'll be fantastic. We'll beat em eventually if that's the case. Feeling confident now tbh, and really looking forward to it which is nice.

Four points minimum from the next two games tbh. I'd be satisfied with a draw but i reckon we'll nick it 2-1. Martins and Owen.