Fulham 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 09/11/08 - post match reaction from page 24

Dave

barton is not a good footballer

He is though.  In fact he's one of our best.

Spending the afternoon being by-passed by long ball shite isn't going to help him though.

fuck that theres 6-7 players i would say are a hell lot better than him

There you go genius, I've even put the numbers in for you

Fulham 2 - Newcastle 1 FT.

What a load of fucking shite and I'm being polite. Major errors of Judgement from JoeFuckingKinnear. Capaca is Titus Bramble on a bad day with Butt and Duff as much use as my dry Aunt Fanny because both have the turning circle of the Graf Spee and are just as fucking slow. Jesus H. C. on a bike, Damien "Flash Gordon" Duff drives me nuts when he gets the fucking ball - it's like he has a bloody gyroscope up his slack Irish arse as every fucking time he completely fuck's up any forward moment we have by pretending to be Jane fucking Torvill with his little circles, twirls and step backs. The best thing we can do come January is hand the fucker a shovel with a bag of potatoes and tell him to fuck off and go do something useful.

Why the hell did Kinnear take off our one and only creative player, Jonas, and bring Owen on?! What the fuck is with that? Owen needed Jonas on coz that was the only way he was every going to see the fucking ball !! I'm fed up. Pig sick. Whatever happened to common sense? Mad as fuck tonight I am.

Edited for swear words.....

Jonas was again poor, like against Villa for most of the game. He looks to me like he's still adjusting and getting fit, but i also think Kinnear has put all the attacking burden of the side onto his mending shoulders, which isn't too clever.

Staggering.

Why? Jonas was crap against Villa until the last 10 mins, which is what i wrote. He passed it poorly, never really ran with the ball, lost it cheaply and look knacked by half time. I know he likes to defend but christ if he didn't tun all over the place as much then he might last a full game. Its okay defending in the slow Spanish league, you can catch up with play there but here he's just tiring himself out for our attacks.

Guest firetotheworks

That game reminded me of exactly the type of game that we have after a decent performance under roeder. Albeit with a better team I reckon.

So the positives:

Colo was good again despite the penalty

Barton was driving the little that we had

Good shift by Beye

Jonas was looking threatening second half

We could have won it if Cacapa hadnt have played.

The Negatives

Cacapa - Largely at fault for the loss.Blame culture or not, I think thats as clear as day, I like the fella but he's not cut out for the premier league imo

Kinnears decisions - Cacapa instead of Bassong. Jonas off instead of Duff. One was very annoying, the other managed to cost us the match.

Duff - Absolutely legless headless chicken

Enrique constantly banging his head against a brick wall in the last 10 minutes playing the long ball

Don't understand this point, it's what you do when your down by a goal near the end of a game.

Even when it hasnt worked for the entire match? And continues to not work when you do it at every opportunity in the last 10 minutes? I rate Enrique but he pissed me off when he kept at it. Beye was overlapping though and was unfortunate to have Duff as his Wingman.

God i'm so frustrated. Not been this mad after a game for ages. :( Firetotheworks summed it up perfectly tbh.

As a positive we played badly and still could have won had we not beat ourselves.

Like i said earlier, this was blatantly one of those poxy 1-0ers that you win while playing badly. So annoying. :(

Shocking, and inept.

You'd think a side that wins 2 in a row would have spring in their step and at least take it to a far inferior team (on paper), But what did we get? Fucking dross for 45 mins! You just knew we were going 1 down sooner or later and to that diving bald twat makes it even worse.

If we don't get serious money spent in Jan then we are going down as nearly all of those players look championship standard at best and not deserving a quarter of the money the cunts earn!

Fucking no Pride!

typical, we are doomed comment

Hmmm typical smartarse reply with nothing to back up why we're too good to go down.

Individual errors by CH's will usually be punished. Cacapa made 2 today and it's cost us the game.

Fulham have gone from 18th to 10th with those 3 points btw. It's so tight down there and it's going to be like that for much of the season. Just got to move on to Wigan and make sure we beat them. Disappointing result but not the end of the world. 

This.

I thought Butt was alright today for the record, and i wouldn't usually say that. Kept possession relatively well and actually tried to play positively. Duff was Duff, only multiplied. Ie, run run run, point point point, pull face pull face pull face...

... NO END PRODUCT.

I thought him, Caçapa and Enrique were the only stand out poor individuals on the pitch today. Everyone else was just plain average, really. We still should have won.

Unfair on Enrique tbh. Much better than Cacapa, but gave the ball away a bit too much for my liking. You don't like him really do you?

I thought Enrique was a train wreck in the first half. Doing very simple things poorly.

Yeah don't get me wrong, he was poor, by that I meant I didn't think he was on the same level of ineptness as Cacapa was. Which says a lot about the latter's performance.

once we equalised we created a load of chances and looked like going on to win it.

Cacapa was the reason we lost today, tho there were quite a few others who did very little against a team there for the taking - Butt, Duff, Jonas.

Very disapointing.

My faith in Kinnear has evaporated after today.

So going by that, a win against Wigan will bring it straight back?

Kinnear is doing as I expected really, I didn't think he'd be a complete failure but I certainly wasn't expecting much at all. The odd win under his reign will keep us hovering above the relegation zone. I don't think we'll climb out of that area whilst he is here. He really has to go.

No - the rot has now set in for the aforementioned faith.

Before I'd have been happy enough for Joe to see the season out. Now I am not at all sure about that. And even a win against Wigan (not the way they played today) and the doubts will remain after the mess today - Cacapa picked over Bassong, and taking Jonas off......

Guest Heneage

Wigan just got massive.

Given 6- not at fault with either

Beye 6 Marshalled the right well mind you crossing is wank

Cacapa - 2 Soon as you get to Newcastle pack the bags, I wouldn't put you in Sunday League nevermind Premier League.

Colo 7- Did nothing wrong really, trying to fix Cacapas mistake for the penalty, needs a good partner

Enrique 5- had moments of calm coupled with just sheer "What the fuck are you doing?".

Duff - 4, Any word if he will start wearing his shirt backwards? Seriously, why isn't Charlie even getting a look in.

Barton -7 Was tidy and tried to create, don't think he should be put on such pressure.

Butt 4- He's the bloke at 5 a side thats really not very fit and just ambles, gives you the ball straight back and shits himself when asked to do anymore.

Jonas 5- Not happy with his performance only got going against Villa after the first, lost the spunk of Man Utd needs to stop dicking around at the back and get back to just driving forward.

Shola - Scored but its not enough, needs to work more with Martins but thats more Martins being stupid than Sholas fault solely.

Martins - Consistency is just not him, too frustrating for words this guy, love him but has got to pack in with these shots from 35 yards, I don't care if you toe poke it from 3 yards goals are goals man.

Owen 4- Did bot all when he came on missed a good chance but is rusty, the cynic in me says fuck off to London you twat, you never wanted to be here.

Guest firetotheworks

Jonas was again poor, like against Villa for most of the game. He looks to me like he's still adjusting and getting fit, but i also think Kinnear has put all the attacking burden of the side onto his mending shoulders, which isn't too clever.

Staggering.

Why? Jonas was crap against Villa until the last 10 mins, which is what i wrote. He passed it poorly, never really ran with the ball, lost it cheaply and look knacked by half time. I know he likes to defend but christ if he didn't tun all over the place as much then he might last a full game. Its okay defending in the slow Spanish league, you can catch up with play there but here he's just tiring himself out for our attacks.

I must have been watching a different version of the Villa match because I dont remember him being anything but a threat.

Jonas had a poor 20 minutes at the end of the first half, he wasn't poor all game.

Individual errors by CH's will usually be punished. Cacapa made 2 today and it's cost us the game.

Fulham have gone from 18th to 10th with those 3 points btw. It's so tight down there and it's going to be like that for much of the season. Just got to move on to Wigan and make sure we beat them. Disappointing result but not the end of the world. 

God i wish i had your philosophicalness about it, Midds. :) That's definitely one way of looking at it but we could have been 10th n'all. Needless to say, Wigan is absolutely must-win.

Christ i wish we could just get this thing sold. We need a manager.

This.

Agreed, but a loss is a loss and that'll take away a lot of the confidence we'll have gathered recently in anticipation of the next match. Right now it might not cost us too much but a run of losing games will - I don't think it'll always be this tight.

On the other hand, with that said, the fact we didn't get any points is made even more frustrating by the fact that we would have climbed several places if had won. Again, in terms of confidence it must be a lot better for a player to be playing in a top 10 side than one battling in the lower half, whether it's tight or not.

Alot of Kneejerks as usual. Disapointed to have lost but it wasn't so long ago that we would have been spanked by even this lot. We have had two good wins at home against better footballing sides than fulham. We must go and beat Wigan, which i believe we will. Despite today's set back i still believe we are improving.

Staggering.

I must have been watching a different version of the Villa match because I dont remember him being anything but a threat.

Until the run for the goal he was extremely inconsistent, passing was off, runs didn't go to many places. He needs to learn that he hasn't got to be here there and every fucking where, this isn't Spain where you can gallop from one end to the other and the ball will be slowly getting passed around the midfield. Whether he thinks owes the fans something after injury or he's getting fit and doing too much like sprinting everywhere he needs to stop it because he looks too tired in the places that matter and is then unfocused and sloppy for our attacks.

Alot of Kneejerks as usual. Disapointed to have lost but it wasn't so long ago that we would have been spanked by even this lot. We have had two good wins at home against better footballing sides than fulham. We must go and beat Wigan, which i believe we will. Despite today's set back i still believe we are improving.

It's not kneejerk to say we didn't play well today, we had far too many players who played well short of how they should be able to play against a poor Fulham side.

What worries me is that Cacapa struggled ALL FUCKING GAME and Kinnear took no action to change things. He had options on the bench, there was no excuse for sitting and watching him fuck up time and time again.

Staggering.

Until the run for the goal he was extremely inconsistent, passing was off, runs didn't go to many places. He needs to learn that he hasn't got to be here there and every fucking where, this isn't Spain where you can gallop from one end to the other and the ball will be slowly getting passed around the midfield. Whether he thinks owes the fans something after injury or he's getting fit and doing too much like sprinting everywhere he needs to stop it because he looks too tired in the places that matter and is then unfocused and sloppy for our attacks.

You're exaggerating tbh, in my opinion. Even if he's not playing at his best he's still one of our most essential players.

No, it was a case of massive let-down, rather than "kneejerk" - haven't you noticed where we are in the friggin' league FFS ?

Kneejerk ? Jeebers wept.......