Sunderland appoint Steve 'I bleed black and white' Bruce as new manager

cp40

Guest Heneage

I thought Quinn said he was going to appoint a big name manager.

World Class he said, how a manager that's won nothing can be world class I'll never know.

He's a black & white t*** and always will be in their eyes. The pressure on him to do well in the transfer market and to keep the fans off his back will be immense right from the off.

It could well work out well but if he ever loses about 4 or 5 in a row the knives will be out sharpish. :)

That's exactly what a Mackem mate of mine said.

They're all ready to back him and give him a chance, but slip up and it'll be all over before it's even started.

Guest geordienorway

I thought Quinn said he was going to appoint a big name manager.

Aye. 10 letters in total is a disgusting attempt tbh.

:lol:

Guest sicko2ndbest

He's a geordie as and when it suits him as far as i am concerned!

Dont mind the bloke tbh but apart from Kenwyne Jones and possibly Richardson they dont have anyone capable of getting into a top 8 side so he has got a huge task on his hands. He wont be able to dip into his top players as Valencia, Palacios and Zaki will are or will be elsewhere. The only player Bruce has managed who may improve their side that may leave is Scharner.

It would not suprise me in the slightest if they spent 50mil + this summer and still finished comfortably bottom half

He's a geordie as and when it suits him as far as i am concerned!

Dont mind the bloke tbh but apart from Kenwyne Jones and possibly Richardson they dont have anyone capable of getting into a top 8 side so he has got a huge task on his hands. He wont be able to dip into his top players as Valencia, Palacios and Zaki will are or will be elsewhere. The only player Bruce has managed who may improve their side that may leave is Scharner.

It would not suprise me in the slightest if they spent 50mil + this summer and still finished comfortably bottom half

???

Appointing an average manager like Bruce when you've promised a top class manager is bad enough, but paying £3 million to do it is fucking hilarious.

Yep, potential Allardyce scenerio.

Best manager Sunderland have had in decades, massive step forward for them as long as the fans can get past his loyalties, which they won't, and i don't blame them...the fans will ruin this appointment, which should be fun.

Guest Stephen927

This will be the biggest covert operation since Michael Chopra joined the Black Cats and bottled it in the derby.

I'm really not sure why Bruce always gets shown the plastic geordie card. He's always said he's proud of where he's from and didn't hide that fact in his press conference today. Yes he played for Man U and shown loyalty to his pay masters (as he will with the mackems) but he's a geordie. Being away for so long and playing elsewhere doesn't change that and nor will managing that lot down the road.

I'm really not sure why Bruce always gets shown the plastic geordie card. He's always said he's proud of where he's from and didn't hide that fact in his press conference today. Yes he played for Man U and shown loyalty to his pay masters (as he will with the mackems) but he's a geordie. Being away for so long and playing elsewhere doesn't change that and nor will managing that lot down the road.

"Let's nip this straight in the bud. It's a total non-starter," Bruce told The Sun.

"I'm very happy at Wigan and if you cut me open I'd be black and white to the core!"

Steve Bruce 6/12/2008

Must have been a hell of a 6 months to change his mind.

Except Bruce pisses on Allardyce. And i'm not just saying that cos i'm a Bruce fanboy.

Based on what?

Allardyce's work at Bolton pisses on anything Bruce has ever done as a manager.

Except Bruce pisses on Allardyce. And i'm not just saying that cos i'm a Bruce fanboy.

Based on what?

Allardyce's work at Bolton pisses on anything Bruce has ever done as a manager.

:thup:

Has Bruce ever finished in the top half before?

"Let's nip this straight in the bud. It's a total non-starter," Bruce told The Sun.

"I'm very happy at Wigan and if you cut me open I'd be black and white to the core!"

Steve Bruce 6/12/2008

He was clearly pissed off at how Wigan settled for survival and gave up playing. S'land are also a much bigger club. Let's hope he fails.

Steve Bruce 6/12/2008

He was clearly pissed off at how Wigan settled for survival and gave up playing. S'land are also a much bigger club. Let's hope he fails.

Hes a serial Bed jumper, we'll see how long before his feet get Itchy