Sunderland appoint Steve 'I bleed black and white' Bruce as new manager

cp40

Guest Magpiecn

Quite the Newcastle fan

Could be going as an 'inside man' - make sure they go down next season?

......Nah, just typical Steve Bruce TBH!

It will be funny,if its that case. ;D

Guest johnson293

Not sure what's funnier - Sunderland going after Steve 'I've always been a Newcastle Fan' Bruce, or Steve Gibson last night giving his full backing to Southgate, and revealing that he turned down an offer from a 'top german manager' in order to stick with Gareth.

:mackems:

Just shows - in times of trouble, you can still rely on the other two to make us smile a wee bit!

Guest Taff

Ye my Mackem mate was telling me about this Sunday, the rumours were rife.

Steve Bruce, true Geordie.  :doh:

Guest johnson293

I'm sure the Mackems will moan about having another "Geordie b******" at their club like they did with Clark and Chopra. Hopefully Bruce will follow in the footsteps of Lawrie McMenemy. I wonder who N'Zogbia's new manager will be?

Aye, Geordie players/managers time at Sunderland seem to tend to end badly - lets hope 'agent Bruce's' time there ends similarly (if he goes).

I'd be really surprised if Bruce left Wigan, they're much better off than the filth are.

I wouldn't.

Wigan are a self professed selling club. With no fans.

I reckon if Bruce leaves, they could be joining us in the Championship fairly sharpish.

Bruce looks a decent manager who has done a good job with Wigan. The danger for him going to Sunderland would be the crowd getting on a geordie's back very quickly as soon as they go on a bad run. He's always got a lot of stick from them over the years. If he can ride that out however he could be a very good appointment for them.

Guest Magpiecn

Ok, so who would you rather have managing our club? Shearer or Bruce?

Its hard to choose.Bruce is a proven manager,while Shearer just managed 8 games and so its too early to discuss if hes a good manager.

Said all season Bruce is the man we need in.

His experience is good, plus what he has done with Wigan has been excellent.

All this plastic geordie shit is harsh on him to be fair, i genuinely believe if we came in for him now he'd walk here.

Shearer is a massive risk for me.

When he came in I didnt expect a real tactical overhaul, rather a bit of urgency and passion from our players, instilled into them by a man who lives and breathes newcastle.

It is clear to all that that passion never came and for me Shearer must take some responsibility for that.

Plus his formations and substitutions have left alot to be desired.

In saying that I have mad my peace with Shearer becoming manager as it will confirm he will get the control he desires.

I also believe he will demand a decent kitty for the summer and speculate to accumulate(if w had of in January then maybe we wouldnt be n this position)

Plus he wil get his own squad together and bring in the right people around him to hopefully push on as a reinvigorated club, I hope!

Head says Bruce, heart says Shearer. I think I'd be more excited about next season if we went into it with Shearer in charge, which isn't to say he'd necessarily do a better job.

Short seals Black Cats buy-out

Billionaire takes full control at Stadium of Light

Sunderland have confirmed that majority shareholder Ellis Short is to assume full control of the club.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5350437,00.html

Quinn added that Sunderland would not have been able to keep Kenwyne Jones in the winter had it not been for Short, with Tottenham making a big-money offer for the striker.

He said: "Ellis' involvement to date also enabled us to turn down a club record bid of up to £20million for Kenwyne Jones from Tottenham Hotspur in the January transfer window."

;D

I'd be really surprised if Bruce left Wigan, they're much better off than the filth are.

I wouldn't.

Wigan are a self professed selling club. With no fans.

I reckon if Bruce leaves, they could be joining us in the Championship fairly sharpish.

Looking at Sunderland getting a new owner and whatever funds they'll have I may just have to agree with you now. I meant more with the team Bruce has built but the mackems do seem to have more potential overall unfortunately.

Head says Bruce, heart says Shearer. I think I'd be more excited about next season if we went into it with Shearer in charge, which isn't to say he'd necessarily do a better job.

Exactly how I feel.

It is clear to all that that passion never came and for me Shearer must take some responsibility for that.

If the players couldn't show some motivation and urgency when you're facing relegation then they need to be tortured Jigsaw Killer style. I'm sure Shearer went in there showing his 100% commitment, effort and passion to get us out of it, but the players obviously didn't respond because they're a bunch of passionless, spineless, gutless fuckers. :dave: