Today's Other Games

Taylor Swift

Guest firetotheworks

Anelka's been scoring goals for fun but he's precisely half the footballer that Drogba is, struggling big time without him

Anelkas proven time and time again across different countries (except Spain) that hes amazing. They're pretty much even I reckon, not scoring in one match doesnt mean theyre missing him. Especially when he's scored in almost all the others.

Anelka is not half the footballer Drogba is mate. Drogba is the absolute key to the way Chelsea play. Btw are you talking about Anelka's awesome record in Turkey and France? The same leagues that have Boumsong and Colin Kazim Richards in their all time hall of fame :lol:

Aye fair enough, but that was during the era when he lost his way after he left Arsenal. It took him going back to Man City to be back on track. He was decent enough at Fener and hes been class at Bolton and Chelsea. Fair enough Drogba being 'absolute key' to the way Chelsea play, yet theyre still top of the league and he's still their top scorer and the  leagues top scorer by quite some distance, so eh aye, hes half the player Drogba is then.

It's going to be interesting how we cope without Yakubu. Many people are saying he doesn't deserve to be in the team, well, we'll see who does deserve to be in the team.

Hope Saha gets back soon...

Also, time to see what Cahill is made of, as he's going to be getting plenty of opportunities in the next few weeks behind the lone striker.

If we have one fit.

Yakubu out for the season....

back in for Alan Smith  :shifty:

It's going to be interesting how we cope without Yakubu. Many people are saying he doesn't deserve to be in the team, well, we'll see who does deserve to be in the team.

Also, time to see what Cahill is made of, as he's going to be getting plenty of opportunities in the next few weeks behind the lone striker.

If we have one fit.

Let's hope so. :celb:

Guest optimistic nit

If we have one fit.

no way we'd sell him imo unless we sign someone to replace him.

Come on man, Anelka is absolute class, one of the most talented players ive seen. Had everything to be considered one of the best strikers in the world, but for a poor attitude he'd already be that.

I agree Anelka is a great player tbh

funny that half the forum didn't want him here 3 years back  :lol:

If we have one fit.

More like Michael Owen

If we have one fit.

:frantic:

Their (Chelsea) wingers do not go past players without Robben and Cole and they dont have a battering ram without Drogba.

These 3 players in particular make a huge difference to the attacking capability of the team

Yet they've scored over 30 goals without any of them for most part of the season.

I thought the Chelsea - Arsenal game was fantastic. I wish the big four monopoly would end, but I have to say they produce great entertainment.

It was interesting that Arsenal kept on attacking after they went ahead, despite Andy Gray endlessly spouting the conventional wisdom about 'shutting up shop'. They looked likely to add to their lead, whereas Chelsea became more and more ragged.

I've often thought that this idea of funnelling back into defence to protect a lead is an over-rated tactic. Often, you see teams surrendering the initiative, and being unable to retain any possession, because they end up just clearing the ball to the opposition. I do wonder whether attack is a better option than caution, if only teams had the nerve to keep believing in it.

I thought the Chelsea - Arsenal game was fantastic. I wish the big four monopoly would end, but I have to say they produce great entertainment.

It was interesting that Arsenal kept on attacking after they went ahead, despite Andy Gray endlessly spouting the conventional wisdom about 'shutting up shop'. They looked likely to add to their lead, whereas Chelsea became more and more ragged.

I've often thought that this idea of funnelling back into defence to protect a lead is an over-rated tactic. Often, you see teams surrendering the initiative, and being unable to retain any possession, because they end up just clearing the ball to the opposition. I do wonder whether attack is a better option than caution, if only teams had the nerve to keep believing in it.

Good point, attack is supposed to be the best form of defence but it also comes down to who the team is we're playing though.

If we go one up against Stoke i'd expect us to keep at them and go for it, go one up against Chelsea/Man Utd then i'd want us not to be so cavalier.

Chelsea's formation of 4-3-2-1 stopped working the day they sold Robben.

Is that why they're top of the league?

Man, some people overreact. So what if they lose at home to Liverpool and Arsenal? It's never been about how you play the big teams anyway, always about how many points you drop against teams outside the top 4.  I read a Chelsea fan today saying that if Grant had been in charge and Chelsea had been playing the way they have this season, he would have been fired. Fuck me, what a daft cunt. Top of the league, free-scoring and having a home game in the Champions League to seal a place in the next round. They've been brilliant so far.