Jose Enrique out for at least three weeks with hamstring injury

Guest BooBoo

Guest Alan Shearer 9

I always maintained he was our only player who would pass and move with regularity, his quality is clear to see.

I've been saying for ages he's our best player.

Looks like I was right. Again. I'm making a habit of this.

I've always rated Enrique - will be very surprised if he is still at SJP by the end of January, and, as I've said before, i wouldn't be surprised if Benitez had an interest as they need a LB ; he would do well in a better side.

It'll be a miracle if we keep a hold of him.

Our best player.

It's amazing he's been under everyone's radar for so long. Solid defensively and going forward he's improved out of all recognition from when he first arrived. We are going to have a hard job replacing him when someone inevitably puts a bid in.

He's gone under the radar because he plays for us. Plays for NUFC, he must be s***. From the very start that was the line peddled by the national media, another Newcastle transfer disaster. Solid player..

Certain players seem to wilt under the pressure of playing for us. We believe and feed off the negative cover given to them and make it ten times worse.

Enrique is coming through this succesfully despite this.

Collocini is suffering badly from it at the moment, as did the likes of Bramble before.

He's not a brilliant defensive player in the English mould, thats for sure. He's always had a touch of class on the ball and has hidden speed and acceleration that can make him a danger down the left since it's not expected. He's a fairly tidy passer of the ball and with some proper coaching on his crosses (something this club has lacked for a LONG time) he could be an extremely good player.

"Not only is Jose Enrique the worst player in the Premier League by miles, the next three worst defenders are all left-backs, too. Hang your heads Benoit Assou-Ekotto, Sam Ricketts and Nicky Shorey."

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/29012009/58/premier-league-team-week.html

This is an article from last season, all I can say is **** the haters Jose!

Enrique was one of one best players last season and the best player in a lot of the games.

I don't think it's an exaggeration to say he'll be a full Spain international in the future.

I don't think it's an exaggeration to say he'll be a full Spain international in the future.

Agreed.

Another class Dennis Wise signing.

Quite good by Wise seeing as he wasn't working for us at the time.