Jose Enrique out for at least three weeks with hamstring injury

Guest BooBoo

We are lucky that he wanted to stay, he is not going to here all pissed off unlike maybe Jonas and Colo might be.

I don't like the fact that people on this board seem incapable of giving praise to one player without being vindictive about another. Coloccini and Jonas would both walk into a championship best Xl and showed against Palace how important they are to us. The Jury is still out on Jonas' attitude but Coloccini has demonstrated a willingness to adapt and work hard recently. I'm very, very glad that both are still here.

WTF?

All I said was Enqique wanted to stay, Colo and Jonas never said they did and I know they never said they wanted away but I bet both would have jumped at the chance to go.

Me saying Jose is happy to stay where as the other MAY not be is not me being vindictive.

We are lucky that he wanted to stay, he is not going to here all pissed off unlike maybe Jonas and Colo might be.

I don't like the fact that people on this board seem incapable of giving praise to one player without being vindictive about another. Coloccini and Jonas would both walk into a championship best Xl and showed against Palace how important they are to us. The Jury is still out on Jonas' attitude but Coloccini has demonstrated a willingness to adapt and work hard recently. I'm very, very glad that both are still here.

WTF?

All I said was Enqique wanted to stay, Colo and Jonas never said they did and I know they never said they wanted away but I bet both would have jumped at the chance to go.

Me saying Jose is happy to stay where as the other MAY not be is not me being vindictive.

fair enough mate, but there's far too much negativity towards the Argentines, they represent 2 out of our 6/7 key players tbh and we should get behind them

I for one am very happy Colo and Jonas stayed, okay am not Colo biggest fan but I do have a lot of faith in Jonas and love the effort he puts in, Colo has got better and we need him FACT.

Colo needs time to settle but he is still living in a fkn hotel, does not scream wants to be here really.

does this not just go to show the standard of football in the primera league is just average and on a par with the championship?

the 4 spanish players we have (including xisco) were outstanding in their league over there, no matter what we say they were all fans favourites in their respective teams, even bloody luque was!

No.

Guest geordienorway

Enrique is our best player by a country mile imo. Has all the attributes to take Capdevila's place in the international side. Yes, his crossing is woeful, but he is 23. Isn't even near his peak yet.

Sorry, his crossing is usually woeful. I can't think of another footballer who hits so many crosses over the bar or 10 foot over the player/s waiting for the cross. I'm a fan btw but it is a real weakness.

You can't have watched much of NUFC over the last few years then.

Enrique looks very good at this level and a year in the Championship may do him the power of good, get that confidence level up which I actually think is the only thing stopping him from being a really good LB.  Pleased he has stayed much more than Colo or Jonas.

I don't see how, his concentration isn't bad and he rarely makes position errors. His lack of strength and pace is a problem but he appears to be adapting well and has definetly taken a more cynical approach in his first few championship games.

Of course people like you will never give him a chance, you'll have a go at him constantly at the game then argue that every goal we concede is his fault, it's pathetic. Stop listening to Lawrenson and actually watch him, if of course you agree that it's possible to defend well without last ditch tackles.

Colocinni makes plenty of positional errors simply due to his indecisive decision making. At times he doesn't know whether to attack the ball or stand off which means he is caught in between two minds.

I don't see how, his concentration isn't bad and he rarely makes position errors. His lack of strength and pace is a problem but he appears to be adapting well and has definetly taken a more cynical approach in his first few championship games.

Of course people like you will never give him a chance, you'll have a go at him constantly at the game then argue that every goal we concede is his fault, it's pathetic. Stop listening to Lawrenson and actually watch him, if of course you agree that it's possible to defend well without last ditch tackles.

Colocinni makes plenty of positional errors simply due to his indecisive decision making. At times he doesn't know whether to attack the ball or stand off which means he is caught in between two minds.

i was just saying this to the gimp, he then gets caught in the wrong place and the forward simply rolls around him and is away.

Sorry, his crossing is usually woeful. I can't think of another footballer who hits so many crosses over the bar or 10 foot over the player/s waiting for the cross. I'm a fan btw but it is a real weakness.

I have & attended during the late 70's so I have seen plenty of s***. For a player who has so many strengths his crossing almost defies belief. Jonas' delivery is poor but whereas he may misplace his cross by a few feet Jose usually misses by at least 10 feet.

I have & attended during the late 70's so I have seen plenty of s***. For a player who has so many strengths his crossing almost defies belief. Jonas' delivery is poor but whereas he may misplace his cross by a few feet Jose usually misses by at least 10 feet.

Against that, Enrique's crosses are usually delivered with bad intent, so the ones which he does get right can be almost undefendable. They are the diametric opposite of former players like Milner and Neil Macdonald (remember him?) who floated high accurate crosses which defenders coped with easily.

Enrique is our best player by a country mile imo. Has all the attributes to take Capdevila's place in the international side. Yes, his crossing is woeful, but he is 23. Isn't even near his peak yet.

WTF... he probably started playing football at 7 or 8 years old so he's had 15 years at it. What makes you think he can learn to cross a ball after the age of 23 ? Everyone has strengths and weaknesses, and I don't expect much if any improvement. Beckham did alright and he couldn't tackle, head a ball or dribble it round a corner flag never mind an opposing player.

Against that, Enrique's crosses are usually delivered with bad intent, so the ones which he does get right can be almost undefendable. They are the diametric opposite of former players like Milner and Neil Macdonald (remember him?) who floated high accurate crosses which defenders coped with easily.

Milner's crossing was better, Macdonald wasn't a player who made that many crosses. You could quote Parkinson, Cartwright and a few others but none of them were anywhere near as good a player yet all of them could cross better. Kenny Wharton's delivery was like Beckham's in comparison.

WTF... he probably started playing football at 7 or 8 years old so he's had 15 years at it. What makes you think he can learn to cross a ball after the age of 23 ? Everyone has strengths and weaknesses, and I don't expect much if any improvement. Beckham did alright and he couldn't tackle, head a ball or dribble it round a corner flag never mind an opposing player.

You think a player reaches his peak at 23? After about 2 years of playing first team football?

We've scored from an Enrique cross before though, which is more than you can say for Jonas.

We've scored from an Enrique cross before though, which is more than you can say for Jonas.

Nolan at Palace? ;)

Of all the players I thought might leave, I'm ecstatic we managed to hold onto Jose. He links up with Jonas very well, they seem to have a great understanding, and he's more than solid in defence (usually).

A player too good for this league really, and potentially the future Spain number one LB.

Nolan at Palace? ;)

Pass more than a cross tbh ;)

Nolan at Palace? ;)

That was more like scoring from a Shola dummy tbh.

If we were uncomfortable about playing Kadar at CB in a league game would it be an acceptable option to use Jose in the middle? He's not the best in the air, but he's fucking strong, pretty big and quick. He also reads the game well. Kadar would be less exposed at full back, and it might be a better way to introduce him.