LOL at Lolro

Guest elbee909

A full and detailed analysis on both sides here.

Liverpool haven't won in the month of April and have only scored two goals - one or two players look like they've run the race.

They produced a good comeback last week against Chelsea, but we all know Luis Suarez shouldn't have been on the pitch after biting defender Branislav Ivanovic.

The Uruguayan is now banned for 10 games - that is a really, really big blow for manager Brendan Rodgers. He can be a world-class idiot on the pitch, but he's a world-class footballer.

He'll be really missed by his team-mates and I just have a feeling they will feel a little low and hurt. They'll all be looking around and thinking 'what will happen in the next few months?'

It was already going to be a big summer for Rodgers, with thoughts on bringing in a new central defender and wondering whether goalkeeper Pepe Reina will stay or go. It's going to be far more challenging now because of the Suarez situation.

He misses about 20% of the games in the season not through injury or poor form, but because he's suspended. Somebody at Liverpool will be making financial calculations in order to work out whether the club are prepared to let him stay or go.

I think Newcastle will win this one.

Lawro's prediction: 2-0

West Ham v Newcastle

CHARLIE PREDICTS: 1-1

Six weeks ago all the Newcastle fans were turning up in their French berets, moustaches and onions. Now all of a sudden people are accusing the team of being "over-French" and calling for them to get out! One thing you can say about Newcastle is they are never dull and I want them to survive; it's nothing personal against the other teams, but I want them to stay up for their hardcore fans. However, this is a difficult game with old boy Andy Carroll in brilliant form. I don't see Newcastle having much threat going forward, but a bit like Lambert going to Norwich, I see Alan Pardew going back to his old club and sneaking a 1-1 draw.

Lawro

West Ham vs Newcastle

Newcastle have absolutely fallen apart and their season cannot finish quickly enough.

I think they already have enough points to stay up because, as I say above, Wigan have left themselves too much to do, but that does not hide the fact the last few games have been embarrassing for Alan Pardew's side.

Losing at home to Sunderland was massive because it was a derby and everything that entails. But losing to Liverpool was even worse because the Magpies were completely abject, particularly in the first half hour.

Pardew's biggest worry will not be that they got thrashed 6-0, but that they did not put up a fight. It was the same at the end when all the Magpies players seemed to be doing was trying to keep the scoreline down to six. It was a very odd occasion.

Things will not get any easier for Newcastle against West Ham, who will throw absolutely everything at them.

Prediction: 2-0

West Ham v Newcastle

Six weeks ago all the Newcastle fans were turning up in their French berets, moustaches and onions. Now all of a sudden people are accusing the team of being "over-French" and calling for them to get out! One thing you can say about Newcastle is they are never dull and I want them to survive; it's nothing personal against the other teams, but I want them to stay up for their hardcore fans. However, this is a difficult game with old boy Andy Carroll in brilliant form. I don't see Newcastle having much threat going forward, but a bit like Lambert going to Norwich, I see Alan Pardew going back to his old club and sneaking a 1-1 draw.

Does he mean our fans have been saying this? Because i haven't heard anyone say this tbh.

West Ham v Newcastle

Does he mean our fans have been saying this? Because i haven't heard anyone say this tbh.

I'm so sick of stuff like this, it's such depressingly predictable bullshit. Every bit of tabloid patter gets associated with the club's fans. Makes you annoyed to be a Newcastle fan at times, because there's no way other fans have to put up with that kind of shit to the same degree.