LOL at Lolro

Guest elbee909

It was a very strange performance from Newcastle in their defeat at Everton on Monday night - it was as if they had only just met on the M62 at Burtonwood Services before the game.

They just did not turn up in the first half and I presume their manager Alan Pardew laid into them at the break because they were much better afterwards.

Cardiff got a very good win at Fulham last week and could have won even more easily - they caused a lot of problems from set-pieces in the first half.

They are at home and will be looking to kick on after a decent start to the season as a newly-promoted side but I have a sneaking suspicion that Newcastle are going to go there and win.

Pardew will have been chasing his players all week and I think he will get the response he wants.

Lawro's prediction: 1-2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Haris Vuckic

I'm amazed that 'Lawro' can avoid entering speaking about Newcastle for every single Newcastle prediction he's ever made.

The discourse seldom goes deeper than mentioning our result. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Newcastle v Southampton

Southampton came off a run of three defeats to play really well and get a point against Manchester City last weekend. Saints had a few players missing too, so it is a sign that they are getting a bit of strength in depth.

Newcastle, meanwhile, are the form team in the Premier League - they have won five of their last six home and away, and Saturday's win at Old Trafford was an outstanding result.

In comparison, this game looks easier but I am always a bit wary of tipping the Magpies to win games that you might expect them to, because they are capable of beating anybody, but of losing to anybody too.

When they are on song, I want to wax lyrical about them but they have drawn me in before then let me down, and more importantly let themselves down too.

This is the kind of Newcastle team that could follow a win at Manchester United by playing Southampton at home and getting beaten, and Saints have already shown us they are definitely capable of going to St James' Park and winning.

Lawro's prediction: 1-2

*affects fey Lancashire Accent* "The thing is, I don't know. And nor do they, and that's whats scary...and exciting. Anything can happen with Newcastle, and also nothing - at the same time. Southampton? Well, precisely, who could possibly say? I can't predict what will or won't happen, so I'm sitting on the fence, with a firm 'maybe'. Beat Chelsea? Lose to Swansea? Beat Man U? I'm stumped Gary....Pfffffff. I'm so shit at this, Why can't I admit what a clueless charlatan I am? Erm, whatever, 2-1. What did Rizzle Kickz predict?"

Guest firetotheworks

What else is he supposed to take into consideration for a prediction? The whole 'Newcastle are likely to follow up a brilliant away result with a rubbish home one.' shows that he knows something about us.

He's nowhere near as bad as everyone makes out like.

That has only actually happened once tbf.... beat Villa away and then lost to Hull at home.

Although tbf as well we have only had that sequence happen two other times :lol: beat Cardiff then draw to Liverpool, Beat Spurs then beat Norwich.

Wouldn't say there's any clear indication from this seasons results which can suggest what the most likely result is.

What else is he supposed to take into consideration for a prediction? The whole 'Newcastle are likely to follow up a brilliant away result with a rubbish home one.' shows that he knows something about us.

Form?  Reason?

It's a rambling mess, man.

Guest firetotheworks

Form?  Reason?

It's a rambling mess, man.

The whole point is that he's just making a prediction though. It's not an algorithm based on all of the attributes available. He's given the reason, which is that it's in our nature to follow up brilliant results with poor ones under more favourable conditions. We would have pointed that out too.