LOL at Lolro

Guest elbee909

Newcastle are yet another struggling team who need a win to ease their problems, although even a point could see them safe if Wigan get beaten by Arsenal on Tuesday.

The Magpies' point at West Ham last weekend was a big one, courtesy in many ways of the return of Fabricio Coloccini to their defence, and his authority will make a big difference here too.

I cannot see QPR putting up much resistance. Rangers boss Harry Redknapp is already talking about next season and, even if his players are not thinking about their summer holidays, there are far too many mistakes in that team for them to hold out.

Prediction: 1-2

Mersons prediction.

QPR v Newcastle

PAUL PREDICTS: 1-1

If Wigan had beaten Swansea we'd have got two weeks of absolute drama, but now I think Newcastle are a point away from safety. Personally, I don't see QPR losing this game but I think a draw would see Newcastle safe because I can't see Wigan getting anything at the Emirates on Tuesday night. I think Newcastle will get the point they need to survive - but they can't afford to lose this because Wigan could definitely get three points on the final day.

Btw he predicted a 5-0 Man Utd Win against Swansea at the weekend because it Fergusons final home game. :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

Mersons prediction.

QPR v Newcastle

PAUL PREDICTS: 1-1

If Wigan had beaten Swansea we'd have got two weeks of absolute drama, but now I think Newcastle are a point away from safety. Personally, I don't see QPR losing this game but I think a draw would see Newcastle safe because I can't see Wigan getting anything at the Emirates on Tuesday night. I think Newcastle will get the point they need to survive - but they can't afford to lose this because Wigan could definitely get three points on the final day.

Btw he predicted a 5-0 Man Utd Win against Swansea at the weekend because it Fergusons final home game. :lol:

I don't think that's laughable tbh. I can absolutely see that as being a thrashing because of the occasion.

So basically he is saying he thinks this and that without giving any explanation as to why he thinks that? Great preview. :lol: As for Lawro, completely writing off QPR, hailing Colo and our defence, but yet still thinks QPR will score. :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

What's funny? Both of those people are generally shite, but both of those predictions are fine imo.

What's funny? Both of those people are generally shite, but both of those predictions are fine imo.

Merson's preview is a joke, he just states the obvious then makes comments such as QPR not losing but without any explanation as to why he think's they won't lose. Lawro's is just funny how he predicts QPR will score and give us a tight enough game despite Colo strengthening our defence and the entire QPR club being on holiday.

Guest firetotheworks

What's funny? Both of those people are generally s****, but both of those predictions are fine imo.

Merson's preview is a joke, he just states the obvious then makes comments such as QPR not losing but without any explanation as to why he think's they won't lose. Lawro's is just funny how he predicts QPR will score and give us a tight enough game despite Colo strengthening our defence and the entire QPR club being on holiday.

Yeah, it's not that big a deal though.

• 2 weeks later...

Newcastle vs Arsenal:

Arsenal have been on a fantastic run since losing to Tottenham in the north London derby at the start of March, a result that left Spurs seven points above them.

Yes, Spurs have slipped up a couple of times since then to allow Arsenal to overhaul them, but the way Arsene Wenger's side have finished the season is still hugely impressive.

I am backing them to beat Newcastle too, to ensure a top-four finish - although I don't imagine it will be a straightforward win.

The Magpies are finally safe after beating QPR last weekend but, after the season they have had, I cannot see them just switching off in their last home game.

I don't see the Gunners scoring two early goals and cruising home, because that doesn't seem to be the way they win games anymore.

Even against Wigan on Tuesday, where they ended up convincing winners, they were under a bit of pressure before half-time.

They might have to fight for it but fourth place is about par for Arsenal for the season. They are a very good team but they still look a few players short of what they will need to win the title.

Prediction:  1-2

Not too shoddy, but QPR top half?  haha.

Anyways...read this yesterday...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/stoke-shouldnt-sack-tony-pulis-1832818

Are there many examples of ex-players, pundits or even journalists ever coming out and saying "xxxxx must go, he's been an utter shambles".

Eamon Dunphy is the only one I can picture it from.

Guest neesy111

Not too shoddy, but QPR top half?  haha.

Anyways...read this yesterday...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/stoke-shouldnt-sack-tony-pulis-1832818

Are there many examples of ex-players, pundits or even journalists ever coming out and saying "xxxxx must go, he's been an utter shambles".

Eamon Dunphy is the only one I can picture it from.

Very rarely, basically journo's who slag of managers are cut off from press conferences etc.