LOL at Lolro

Guest elbee909

I bet I put more thought into my predictions than Lolro every week. :lol: Starting to take it really seriously, thinking about the games during the week, etc.  The sign of an impending downward spiral.

Must be difficult being at the top. Everyone gunning for you. Everyone wanting your spot. The pressure. It's a lot to take.

I dunno IP man, if I were you... I'd just quit... get out..

:lol: I know, we're only at "Gameweek 7" and I'm a wreck.

• 2 weeks later...
Sunderland v Newcastle (13:30 BST)

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew and his Sunderland counterpart Martin O'Neill had a bit of a set-to on the touchline in the last Tyne-Wear derby in March, but then this is one of those mad fixtures where people tend to leave their brains at home.

Pardew and O'Neill have since made up, but Lee Cattermole was sent off at the end of the same match and you can imagine the last instructions from both managers to their players before kick-off will be to "stay on the pitch".

It will be a fast and frantic affair but I think it might have a draw written all over it. I don't see many goals but there will be lots of tackles. Martin Atkinson needs to be a strong referee and players from both sides need to keep their heads.

Prediction: 1-1

He always sits in the fence for derbies and top of the table games.

They are quite simply the most predictable predictions around.

Guest neesy111

I'd don't hate this guy as much as I used to.

I feel sorry for him now because he looks an absolute shambles nowadays.

Newcastle v West Brom

A draw with 10 men at Sunderland last week was a good result for Newcastle, who have huffed and puffed a bit of late despite different parts of their team doing well at different times.

Fabricio Coloccini at the back, Hatem Ben Arfa in midfield and Demba Ba up front have all had their moments but they have not really fired together. They know that, when they do, they can sweep away most teams in the Premier League.

Even so, Newcastle are still one of the top six teams in the country because they still possess a cutting edge, whether that comes from midfield or attack. They will have a good run sometime soon where they will start to win games, and keep on winning.

They might start on that run here, actually. The wheels came off West Brom a bit in the way Edin Dzeko pinched the three points for Manchester City last week.

I know West Brom have had a very good start to the season but that has been built on their home form and I think Newcastle will run out winners without too many problems.

Prediction: 2-0

:yao:

Lawro is correct, but sadly the "when they do" is about six times a season with Pardy leading our 4-4-2 party.

Liverpool vs Newcastle

This is a tough-looking game for Liverpool against a Newcastle side that I feel have played better and should have more points than their league position and tally suggests so far.

It is a massive game for Reds boss Brendan Rodgers too. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the way his teams play the game but the problem is they have to get results too.

Last weekend's draw with Everton was a good one, considering where both sides are in the league, and it would have been even better if Luis Suarez's late goal had been allowed to stand.

But Wednesday's defeat by Swansea in the Capital One Cup was poor and that sort of inconsistency in performances and results is probably about right for where they are as a team at the moment.

The Magpies are far more of a unit and also so potent in attack - even without Demba Ba, who is rated as 50-50 to play because of a shin injury.

Liverpool are quite the opposite, with Suarez their only fit senior striker, something which must have Rodgers holding his breath every time the Uruguayan plays because, if something happens to him, they are in massive trouble.

Understandably, the Reds are being linked with strikers, and there have been reports they will try to buy Ba in January. If his knee is OK, which it appears to be, it would make perfect sense for them to try to buy him.

Rodgers spent £11m on Fabio Borini in the summer but, if I had the choice of him or Ba, who still has a £7.5m release clause in his contract, then I know where I would have been shopping.

Prediction: 2-1

Not a parody write-up.^

Liverpool vs Newcastle

This is a tough-looking game for Liverpool against a Newcastle side that I feel have played better and should have more points than their league position and tally suggests so far.

It is a massive game for Reds boss Brendan Rodgers too. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the way his teams play the game but the problem is they have to get results too.

Last weekend's draw with Everton was a good one, considering where both sides are in the league, and it would have been even better if Luis Suarez's late goal had been allowed to stand.

But Wednesday's defeat by Swansea in the Capital One Cup was poor and that sort of inconsistency in performances and results is probably about right for where they are as a team at the moment.

The Magpies are far more of a unit and also so potent in attack - even without Demba Ba, who is rated as 50-50 to play because of a shin injury.

Liverpool are quite the opposite, with Suarez their only fit senior striker, something which must have Rodgers holding his breath every time the Uruguayan plays because, if something happens to him, they are in massive trouble.

Understandably, the Reds are being linked with strikers, and there have been reports they will try to buy Ba in January. If his knee is OK, which it appears to be, it would make perfect sense for them to try to buy him.

Rodgers spent £11m on Fabio Borini in the summer but, if I had the choice of him or Ba, who still has a £7.5m release clause in his contract, then I know where I would have been shopping.

Prediction: 2-1

Not a parody write-up.^

wait so if I am reading this right, he thinks we're overall a better team than liverpool but still has us down to lose  ???

still feel much better knowing hes against us

Guest firetotheworks

It's quite funny that when he finally gives us a compliment for playing well, it's when we're quite clearly not.

Guest firetotheworks

Also, Ronaldo's new-found, live and let live attitude towards others reminds me of Dennis from Heartbreak High.

I hope someone else knows what I'm on about here like.

Also, Ronaldo's new-found, live and let live attitude towards others reminds me of Dennis from Heartbreak High.

I hope someone else knows what I'm on about here like.

:lol: I started really getting into Heartbreak High for a while, then it just suddenly disappeared from the schedules.  Can't remember anything about it really though.