LOL at Lolro

Guest elbee909

Very rarely, basically journo's who slag of managers are cut off from press conferences etc.

I don't understand that fear.  For one, if you're a journo, they're cliche fuelled non events that offer no insight whatsoever.  For another, if you're Lawro or his ilk, I doubt they've been to a pressa in a punditing capacity in their lives.

Might set up a random result generator to compete with Lawro next season. With some simple rules, like it always backs the big team and the ones managed by media darlings etc. Reckon it would have a good chance.

Julian Adamson contacted BBC Sport to say he and some friends found Lawro's predictions so predictable that they played a game called 'Predicting Lawro's Predictions'.

Julian argued that Lawro used only three results for most of his predictions: 1-1, 2-1 and 2-0. And the statistics do largely bear this out. Lawro only predicted that a side would score three goals in 17 of his 758 predictions (2.24%), whereas this actually happened 120 times (15.78%).

And he did not predict that a side would score four goals or more in any of the 379 games. In reality, this happened 43 times out of the 760 individual scores (5.66%).

Lawro does not really go for away wins. He predicted that eight teams (Aston Villa, Fulham, Norwich, Reading, Southampton, Swansea, West Brom and West Ham) would not win ANY of their away fixtures this season. In fact, Villa, Swansea and West Brom all won more away games (five) than sixth-placed Everton (four).

He predicted that Fulham and West Brom would lose EVERY away game (scoring only four and six goals respectively), and drew the ire of Southampton fans by predicting they would lose 15 straight games at one stage of the season .

• 2 months later...

He will continue to be a regular presence on Match of the Day 2 and Radio 5 Live.

sigh

At least Colin Murray's not on, he would have sucked up to Lawrenson every single week.

Guest neesy111

Love how Keys and Gray are like some double act that can't be split up :)

Gray at least knows something about football, Keys knows fuck all and is such a slimey twat with those hairy hands of his.

• 3 weeks later...

Newcastle had a nightmare at Manchester City in their opening game, losing heavily and having Steven Taylor sent off. There seems a lot of uncertainty about the Magpies at the moment - and we don't know if Yohan Cabaye is staying, or if he will play on Saturday.

After what has happened at the club this summer, including Joe Kinnear's appointment as director of football which I think has undermined manager Alan Pardew, I would expect a noisy reaction from the Newcastle fans for their first home game.

Fans don't win matches, but that home support of the 'Geordie Nation' could make a real difference.

Newcastle manager Sam Allardyce

Allardyce managed Newcastle for eight months, winning eight of his 24 games in charge

From West Ham's point of view, Sam Allardyce will be looking forward to going back to St James' Park. He has a real bee in his bonnet about his time and his treatment there, and quite rightly so.

After the Hammers beat Cardiff , Allardyce said his next aim is to improve their poor away record. They only won three times on the road last season, picking up just 13 points out of a possible 57.

It is easier said than done, though, and he will have to make a decision about which way to play away from home. Is he going to try to shut up shop, which is the what they have been doing, or will they go at teams like they do at home?

For me, it is worth trying the latter. Yes they will get one or two beatings, but they will win a few too, and I am sure they would do better overall.

Prediction: 2-1

• 1 month later...

I thought Everton boss Roberto Martinez pulled off a masterstroke at half-time at West Ham last weekend, putting on Romelu Lukaku and James McCarthy and really pushing for the win.

That came off the back of their win over Chelsea, and they have now had two outstanding results in the league. But I just don't understand why Martinez changed the team so dramatically for their Capital One Cup defeat by Fulham.

If you were an Everton fan, you might have looked at that competition and thought they could go a long way. I understand why they might change a couple of players, but that game was on Tuesday and they do not play Newcastle until Monday.

I know they played well in the first half at Craven Cottage but they got beat. If I were an Everton fan, I'd be miffed.

Why not play a strong team and build on the good results they have already had. Bradford and Swansea reached the final last season - why would you not want to get through to the next round?

If they had kept the core of the same team for the Fulham game then they would be saying to their fringe players "hey, these boys are playing well and winning. If and when you get a chance, this is what you have to do".

Newcastle had a bit of a setback against Hull in their last league game after beating Fulham and Aston Villa and I think that defeat by the Tigers showed they are not quite there.

Goodison Park is great at night and there will be a really good atmosphere for this game. The crowd will be up for it and I think Everton will continue their great start to the league season.

Under their former boss David Moyes they always had a good side but, with the addition of Lukaku and Gareth Barry, there now seems to be a bit of depth to their side.

Prediction: 2-1

"Under their former boss David Moyes they always had a good side but, with the addition of Lukaku and Gareth Barry, there now seems to be a bit of depth to their side."

I'd change that last "side" to "squad" for 2 reasons: it makes more sense; and it doesn't create lazy repetition of the word "side" in the same sentence.

And that's just for you fucking mugs on here.