LOL at Lolro

Guest elbee909

Merses prediction.

Swansea v Newcastle

PAUL PREDICTS: 2-1

Newcastle had a very good result against Southampton last week, but I'm going for Swansea to win this game and follow up their good week after they won the Capital One Cup Final. I just think the way they keep possession and pass the ball around could be too much for Newcastle

Lawros

Swansea v Newcastle

Swansea went to St James' Park and won comfortably in November but their chances of winning on Saturday probably rely on how much celebrating they have done since winning the League Cup last weekend - it would be understandable if they had partied long and hard since winning their first major trophy though.

Newcastle have improved a lot since they were beaten by the Swans but it was never going to take much to turn their fortunes around, which is exactly what is happening.

It must be quite a frustrating season for Alan Pardew, because the second half of it has been all about dealing with the problems from the first half. I think they will finish the campaign like a train though.

Lawro's prediction: 1-1

He is up against the cunt that is Peirs Morgan, this is the first week were I hate Lawros opponent more. He predict a 2-0 Swansea win.

Merses prediction.

Swansea v Newcastle

PAUL PREDICTS: 2-1

Newcastle had a very good result against Southampton last week, but I'm going for Swansea to win this game and follow up their good week after they won the Capital One Cup Final. I just think the way they keep possession and pass the ball around could be too much for Newcastle

Well that was well thought out :lol:

Guest neesy111
There's been a different feel about Newcastle over recent weeks.

They played well against Swansea last week, were in command for periods, and were unlucky to lose.

Stoke aren't great away - one win on the road - and with two goals in their last four league games they are struggling a little for goals.

Tony Pulis's side are so difficult to play against at home but I don't see them getting anything at Newcastle.

Lawro's prediction: 2-0

Guest neesy111

How good were Wigan to beat Everton at Goodison Park in the FA Cup last week? They were brilliant.

The frustrating thing about the Latics is that we know they can do that - we are not surprised that they can play like that - just by when they do it.

Roberto Martinez's side need another big performance here, though, because Newcastle are going from strength to strength.

Wigan have got a month before their FA Cup semi-final against Millwall, so they can knuckle down and concentrate on getting some results and climbing out of the relegation zone. I don't see their trip to Wembley as being a distraction for them.

Can the Latics reach the FA Cup final and stay up? Yes, I think they can. They will beat Millwall, and I am convinced they will stay up by hook or by crook.

Lawro's prediction: 2-1

because Newcastle are going from strength to strength.

Seriously? That's it? :lol:

I noticed that, it pisses me off that he is meant to give his opinions on the forthcoming game yet he never ever does.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest neesy111
I see this as being a classic north-east derby. It won't be a nasty game but it could be naughty. I will be surprised if it is 11 v 11 at the final whistle.

Both managers, Alan Pardew and Paolo Di Canio are quite excitable characters on the touchline, so this will definitely be a game worth watching.

Di Canio will have been working hard with his Sunderland players all week and they will be fired up. Newcastle are still in a relegation battle too, despite their last-gasp win over Fulham, so it will be tight and tense - and I can see the points being shared.

Lawro's prediction: 1-1

I don't think Paolo Di Canio could have picked two harder games to start his career at Sunderland could he?

They were away at Chelsea last week and they were a bit unlucky with an own goal and a deflected shot going against them and now he has a massive local derby to contend with. It's a big ask!

But in a way it could be a good situation for him. He'll get all the fans on his side if he wins here and he has the chance to make himself a hero.

You'd rather be playing a derby game than Reading at home when all the pressure would be on him to get three points. The Sunderland fans will stick with them all through the game, but if they were 0-0 with Reading after 20 minutes then things would be a bit different.

They haven't looked like scoring too many goals and that's been their main problem, but I liked the way they tried to get forward against Chelsea. They got players bombing on when they broke, which is more than they've done in previous games.

For the rest of the season I don't think draws are much good to Sunderland, but it might be a good result here, just to get them going. They need to get on a run and get a bit of confidence, so they can't afford to lose.

Newcastle had a kick in the teeth losing to Benfica and letting in a last-minute goal in that game and there's no doubt they will be tired.

But this is the perfect game to lift them again. They had a big result against Fulham last week, scoring with the last kick of the game and you could see from Alan Pardew's celebration what a big result that was. They're not far off safety now.

They'd love to help send Sunderland down by beating them on Sunday, but I'm going for a hard-fought draw.

PAUL PREDICTS: 1-1