Sébastien Bassong (now retired)

Crumpy Gunt

I'd be interested to know what our goals against per game are with and without him at CB. It seems that he's the difference maker. Such a quality player, and what an auspicious start he had with our club. The stuff legends are made of at NUFC.

9 goals conceeded in 9 games.

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1351921,00.html

26 Jul 2008

KK On Bassong Latest

By Craig Hope

KEVIN Keegan says that he will make a decision on French trialist Sebastien Bassong having been impressed with the Metz defender during Saturday's 1-0 defeat at Doncaster Rovers.

The 22-year-old played the full 90 minutes at the heart of the Magpie rearguard after spending the past week training with the United squad.

And, speaking after the game at the Keepmoat Stadium, boss KK told reporters: "I thought he did very well and we'll see where we go from here.

"He's not a kid, he's played 70-odd times in the French First Division and has played for France under-21s.

Article continues>>

"He's one we've had with us a week and we've seen him train and wanted to see him in a match and today was a good test for him.

"For someone very new he did very well."

Whats more worrying is that if things arent a bit more stable by the summer, our better players like Bassong are going to get cherry picked by the bigger clubs.

Personally I havent had chance to see the guy play but from what everyone on here says, it certainly sounds like we have someone who is vital to our future development.

Who signed him? Wise?

Must have been Keegan as wasnt he on trail before he was signed?

Who cares?

Do we have to go through this every time he has a good game?

Im just answering his question, i dont get involved in those KK debates so im not trying to start one.

class, yet again. Another Coloccini - Bassong clean sheet for HTT and the rest of the Taylor fanboys to write off

I'm sick of HTT. Seriously.

I nearly changed his avatar last night.  :lol:

class, yet again. Another Coloccini - Bassong clean sheet for HTT and the rest of the Taylor fanboys to write off

To what?

Just do it now.

To what?

Just do it now.

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/01/2000869536009464266_rs.jpg