Derek Llambeezy

Willow

Guest SweMatt

If you take all the football issues aside - it is absolutely astonishing that a managing director quits at such a big company without there being someone to take over immediately. If that happened to a company on the stock market the share price would be in a free fall.

Guest Roger Kint

Just got a text from a mate saying that Carr has resigned today as well. Not sure how he knows that, but he's normally right...

I hope that's untrue.

Was doing the rounds yesterday - one of the local journos on Twitter said it was untrue.

Aye Ryder confirmed that Pardew and Carr werent thinking of quitting today on the radio.

I was kind of hoping that Pardew and Llambias would band together to marginalise Kinnear.

See how it pans out, but I have heard from a reasonable "sauce" that it was Dekka who appointed JFK without consulting the owner and not the other way round, which confounds most previous posts. It's feasible. As MD you hire and fire and don't have to consult shareholders (or owner in this case) to do so.

Make sense ?  Nah, but probably about as much sense as anything else does.

Find it very hard to believe that Llambias could hire anyone without Ashley's agreement. And then why would he resign? Not that anything else is believable either, like you say.

I was kind of hoping that Pardew and Llambias would band together to marginalise Kinnear.

See how it pans out, but I have heard from a reasonable "sauce" that it was Dekka who appointed JFK without consulting the owner and not the other way round, which confounds most previous posts. It's feasible. As MD you hire and fire and don't have to consult shareholders (or owner in this case) to do so.

Makes no sense at all when JK can't even pronounce David's name.

Guest neesy111

Just got a text from a mate saying that Carr has resigned today as well. Not sure how he knows that, but he's normally right...

I hope that's untrue.

Was doing the rounds yesterday - one of the local journos on Twitter said it was untrue.

Aye Ryder confirmed that Pardew and Carr werent thinking of quitting today on the radio.

Before or after Llambias' resignation was announced?

Find it very hard to believe that Llambias could hire anyone without Ashley's agreement. And then why would he resign? Not that anything else is believable either, like you say.

Yup, but that is why MD's are paid enormous salaries to run companies. You would however think in this case he'd have consulted the owner.

However it still makes as much sense, if not more, than anything else has over the last few days.

Guest icemanblue

Yup, but that is why MD's are paid enormous salaries to run companies. You would however think in this case he'd have consulted the owner.

However it still makes as much sense, if not more, than anything else has over the last few days.

It's wrong, mate. That's not what happened.

Not at all sorry that Llambias has gone - but I AM surprised.

As the club's main mouthpiece he was a disaster with the fans - very little love lost on both sides - and upset just about every club with whom we had negotiations to sign players. Add to that his total unsuitability and inexperience of football and you can see why he was a lousy CEO...or whatever else his title was.

The only staggering thing about all this is his seeming replacement by Kinnear but given the mish-mash of titles and people in various jobs at the club, maybe Ashley has just spread his duties amongst the rest of the executive staff.

Now, was he being replaced by someone of the calibre of David Dein etc..........!

Unfortunately, we all know that something like that is highly unlikely and we await further developments with bated breath....or not !

Guest Roger Kint

I hope that's untrue.

Before or after Llambias' resignation was announced?

After, was on Alan Brazils show 5 mins after it broke.

Not really surprised. Do you know what DID happen ?

Guest icemanblue

Not really surprised. Do you know what DID happen ?

I'm afraid I don't.

In terms of people in positions of power, he had become the lesser of two evils by default. I'm sad to see him go because of the disarray it puts us in. Genuinely not got a clue where we go from here, but Pardew has lost his only ally.

Nah, he still has you.

If this club doesn't communicate officially to the fans what the flying f*** is going on, they never will. What a bunch of amateurs.

It would appear the owner doesn't even communicate to the MD (as was) the fans are way down the list.

He was getting better at the job, I think him being up here and closer to Pards has huffed Ashley so he sent up his pissed up hand grenade to sort it. Cunt has done it in 4 days, kinda hoped Deka would at least wait until the fans had a chance to show our disgust.

Guest icemanblue

In terms of people in positions of power, he had become the lesser of two evils by default. I'm sad to see him go because of the disarray it puts us in. Genuinely not got a clue where we go from here, but Pardew has lost his only ally.

Nah, he still has you.

That's fucking desperate, man. Just fuck off, you sad bastard.

If this club doesn't communicate officially to the fans what the flying f*** is going on, they never will. What a bunch of amateurs.

It would appear the owner doesn't even communicate to the MD (as was) the fans are way down the list.

Absolutely disgraceful really.

Nah, he still has you.

That's fucking desperate, man. Just fuck off, you sad bastard.

Sort it out lads, this has been going on for far too long.

I hope that's untrue.

Sir Lee Ryder, Mind Reader, 50m Swimming Badge, Window Licker, OBE.