Stephen Carr

PM

Guest GAMMELL

I saw him against Doncaster on the telly, and he did well.

It's about his level though isn't it, anyways, f*ck the baldy little prick!

I saw him against Doncaster on the telly, and he did well.

It's about his level though isn't it, anyways, f*ck the baldy little prick!

Based on his performances when he was up here he wasn't fit to play professional football at all, never mind at the Championship level.

So fair play to him if he's gotten his fitness up since then.

• 1 month later...
Birmingham sign defender Carr to two-year deal

Birmingham defender Stephen Carr has signed a new two-year deal with the club, keeping him at St Andrew's until the summer of 2011.

The 32-year-old came out of retirement to revive his career with Blues and was one of the star performers in the final 13 games of their promotion-winning season.

Manager Alex McLeish told the club's official website: ''Carr has done well. His hunger has been superb ever since he arrived - he is a fully motivated player with the kind of quality that counts in the Premier League.

''He is always positive and says the right things - he has got a winner's attitude.

''Right-back was a problem position for us the whole of last season due to injuries. Nicky Hunt came in on loan and did a good job for us but then Bolton recalled him.

''But Carr came in and nailed the position. He's vastly experienced and in the crucial closing stages of our quest for Premier League status that experience told.''

I cannot imagine if he's playing in the premier league next season while we are in the championship next season.  :kasper:

Birmingham defender Stephen Carr has signed a new two-year deal with the club, keeping him at St Andrew's until the summer of 2011.

The 32-year-old came out of retirement to revive his career with Blues and was one of the star performers in the final 13 games of their promotion-winning season.

Manager Alex McLeish told the club's official website: ''Carr has done well. His hunger has been superb ever since he arrived - he is a fully motivated player with the kind of quality that counts in the Premier League.

''He is always positive and says the right things - he has got a winner's attitude.

''Right-back was a problem position for us the whole of last season due to injuries. Nicky Hunt came in on loan and did a good job for us but then Bolton recalled him.

''But Carr came in and nailed the position. He's vastly experienced and in the crucial closing stages of our quest for Premier League status that experience told.''

I cannot imagine if he's playing in the premier league next season while we are in the championship next season.  :kasper:

I bet it fucking has. Fat cunt.

There's never been any doubt that Carr has/had ability although it's always had to be prised out of him rather than coming natuarally.  Maybe his failure during his time at SJP reflects as much on the managers of the time as the player himself.

another ex-player, Faye:

"I'm so happy at Stoke and the support is unbelievable," Faye told the Sentinel. "I want to thank the fans. I love them. They are the best in the Premier League.

"For 90 minutes they don't stop supporting their club. At Newcastle it was OK. When you won, the support was there, but it would change if you played for 30 minutes and didn't score.

"At Stoke that doesn't happen. Whether we win or lose, the support is there."

Sounds about right for our home crowd over the last couple of seasons tbh

There's never been any doubt that Carr has/had ability although it's always had to be prised out of him rather than coming natuarally.  Maybe his failure during his time at SJP reflects as much on the managers of the time as the player himself.

Think it had more to do with the fact that he was almost constantly injured, and when he was actually available had clearly been training down at Greggs rather than the training ground.  If the club had given him a contract it would have been more of the same.  Being retired from the game by not being signed up for six months has given him a kick up the arse, but he has to bring it into next year.  Two years worth of Greggs money guaranteed could just about revert him back to his Jabba The Hutt stages again.

Still, the injury prone fat cunt is in a team trading place with us for next season.

• 1 year later...

Got nothing but respect for the guy for what he's done since he left us.

Yes, you could say that he should have always been like this, but that's a bit simplistic. He's put in a load of work to improve his fitness and prolong his career. Inspirational to anyone who is trying to improve their health and fitness.

Got nothing but respect for the guy for what he's done since he left us.

Yes, you could say that he should have always been like this, but that's a bit simplistic. He's put in a load of work to improve his fitness and prolong his career. Inspirational to anyone who is trying to improve their health and fitness.

Iagree he was a shambles for us and looked soooooo slow but credit where its due he has had no major injury problems for a while and got his reward.