Kinnear Out

oldtype

Guest Chubby Jason

25 game touchline ban probably, how many charges is he facing now? He's like football managment's version of Charles Bronson.

Guest sicko2ndbest

A complete embarassment to the club and the fans!

He is slowly turning us into Wimbledon, everyones least favourite team

This man is as thick as fucking Irish pig shit.

Seriously how stupid do you have to be to swear at the fucking referee? It is like having a spoilt teenager managing us at times. What does he hope to achieve sitting in the stands? From the first week when he did that cringeworthy rant to the press, i knew we were doomed with this moron

Club should really just use his ridiculous behavior as an excuse for canceling his contract. This is so embarrassing it's fucking unreal.

FFS Ashley, just get the idiot out. Get on the phone with any one of the decent unemployed managers out there right now, tell them they get a two-year contract, full control, and a 12m transfer budget in the winter, Aidy Boothroyd would probably drive up by tomorrow.

A complete embarassment to the club and the fans!

He is slowly turning us into Wimbledon, everyones least favourite team

to be honest I couldn't care less how other fans see us, as long as we get results. I'd be ecstatic with long ball tactics, bypassing the midfield and winning ugly. Drawing and losing ugly isn't quite the same like

Guest Darth Toon

It's gone beyond fucking embarrassing now like - when he's not spouting ill-advised and nonsensical shite to the press he's bombarding any nearby officials with his bursts of tourettes.

Talking about SBR in a thread about this clown seems almost sacrilege - how on earth did it come to this??

Guest Howaythetoon

The fact he can't keep his emotions in check gives me the jitters regarding our predicament. We need cool calm heads not some fucking knacker screaming and shouting.

Some people are never happy.

Wen Keegan lost it, he was called 'passionate' and roundly complimented on 'wearing his heart on his sleeve'. Kinnear kicks off at a bullshit free-kick during injury time when we're hanging on for a win and he's getting pelters from his own supporters.  :undecided:

Wen Keegan lost it, he was called 'passionate' and roundly complimented on 'wearing his heart on his sleeve'. Kinnear kicks off at a bullshit free-kick during injury time when we're hanging on for a win and he's getting pelters from his own supporters.  :undecided:

Complete difference to that rant and abusing an official.

Complete difference to that rant and abusing an official.

Point taken. :)

Kinnear lost it on the touchline. Keegan lost it in front of Sky tv.

Guest Howaythetoon

If KK abused an official I would slate him for it too. I hate it when one of our players or manager loses their rag at a decision or with an official, its pointless, will only ever cost you and doesn't exactly set the right standards. When we've had the class and wit of Sir Bobby and KK managing us it breaks my heart to see complete and utter brawlers managing my club.

If KK abused an official I would slate him for it too. I hate it when one of our players or manager loses their rag at a decision or with an official, its pointless, will only ever cost you and doesn't exactly set the right standards. When we've had the class and wit of Sir Bobby and KK managing us it breaks my heart to see complete and utter brawlers managing my club.

Not saying he was right to do it btw.

But I can understand why he snapped and had a pop at the linesman. I bet thousands of people in the ground had a bit of a reaction to that decision at the time. Difference is he's being monitored by the 4th official and didn't get away with it.  :undecided:

No way am I going to criticise him when I would have reacted in exactly the same manner.

Guest Howaythetoon

But I can understand why he snapped and had a pop at the linesman. I bet thousands of people in the ground had a bit of a reaction to that decision at the time. Difference is he's being monitored by the 4th official and didn't get away with it.  :undecided:

No way am I going to criticise him when I would have reacted in exactly the same manner.

I'll criticise him. He gets paid a fortune and is regarded as the leader of our club and this is how he reacts to a poor decision? He should be saving it for himself because the ref never cost us, his own decisions did. Want to point the finger Joe look yourself in the mirror. I know who I was calling all the names under the sun after the match and it wasn't the linesman.

I'll criticise him. He gets paid a fortune and is regarded as the leader of our club and this is how he reacts to a poor decision? He should be saving it for himself because the ref never cost us, his own decisions did. Want to point the finger Joe look yourself in the mirror. I know who I was calling all the names under the sun after the match and it wasn't the linesman.

Fair enough.

Guest Howaythetoon

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/4339/bobbyrobsonon3.jpg

Look at that photo, man. Look at some of the alleged dross in the squad there. Caldwell, Kerr, Bramble, O'Brien, Hughes, Bernard, Lua Lua. Players who we, looking back, consider as ones who really scrape the barrel. And with good reason in a lot of cases. Then look at the bloke in the middle. They're stood in the Nou Camp in the last sixteen of the Champions League ffs.

Don't even think about telling me our squad isn't good enough man! Back then, the beauty of that squad was that we had some dodgy players, that were more than compensated for by some absolutely quality ones, (plus the idea that "defense = attack").

So i mean, let's pick out the dross we've got now. Enrique, Butt, Geremi, Coloccini? Who'd have Caldwell, Hughes et al over them? No one, i reckon.

Compensate our dross with our quality players - just like Boby did back then - and we'd have a f***ing quality outfit, imo. And just to dig up old bones - that's what Keegan would have given us.

Your excellent post doesn't show me we have a good squad, just that back then we had a top manager who get get the most out of players good or otherwise and today we don't have one, although we did.

Perhaps a look at what you could have achieved Mike if you backed your man...

It was his fault it got to that stage though, which is why I'm angry at him, regardless of the decision.

He's a joke.

It was his fault it got to that stage though, which is why I'm angry at him, regardless of the decision.

He's a joke.

Can you put some names in brackets next to a "his" or "him" as I'm lost?

Guest Howaythetoon

Fair enough.

I'm not using this to just have a dig at Kinnear bytw, I hate the blame this and that mentality that has surrounded our club under far too many managers as its always counter productive, managers that to a man had no success here. Coincidence? I don't think so. Kinnear's inability to keep his thoughts to himself and to blame the officials says a lot about him as a manager which spells "Uh oh" to me. Sir Bobby and KK were positive managers who didn't like to blame anyone, they either took things on the chin or just got on with it. Honestly if I were a player I would not be inspired by Kinnear's tantrums on the touchline. I bet he told the players they were unlucky back in the dressing room, robbed etc. This man will take us down I fear.

Look at that photo, man. Look at some of the alleged dross in the squad there. Caldwell, Kerr, Bramble, O'Brien, Hughes, Bernard, Lua Lua. Players who we, looking back, consider as ones who really scrape the barrel. And with good reason in a lot of cases. Then look at the bloke in the middle. They're stood in the Nou Camp in the last sixteen of the Champions League ffs.

Don't even think about telling me our squad isn't good enough man! Back then, the beauty of that squad was that we had some dodgy players, that were more than compensated for by some absolutely quality ones, (plus the idea that "defense = attack").

So i mean, let's pick out the dross we've got now. Enrique, Butt, Geremi, Coloccini? Who'd have Caldwell, Hughes et al over them? No one, i reckon.

Compensate our dross with our quality players - just like Boby did back then - and we'd have a f***ing quality outfit, imo. And just to dig up old bones - that's what Keegan would have given us.

Your excellent post doesn't show me we have a good squad, just that back then we had a top manager who get get the most out of players good or otherwise and today we don't have one, although we did.

Perhaps a look at what you could have achieved Mike if you backed your man...

I think it proves conclusively that the difference between being average and good to very good, is having 2 or 3 top quality players of the highest calibre, or one or two "trophy players" as some people foolishly call them, especially in the forward positions, because the players who shot us into this position were Shearer, Bellamy, Robert, Solano and Dyer when he was fit and could be bothered.

Good post but you'd also have to add the general standard of the league has improved dramtically since then, even under Keegan there'd no longer a game you'd consider an easy three points.

Guest Heneage

Christ home of the manic depressive here. We've got January to come yet, let him do his job, no he won't get us Europe but he won't get us relegated either I don't  believe.

You don't believe he won't get us relegated?

Worrying.

I don't believe he will or he won't. But with just half the season gone and January to come i'm not chucking the bloody towel in and saying right shall we start sewing coca cola badges on our shirts.

Compensate our dross with our quality players - just like Boby did back then - and we'd have a fucking quality outfit, imo. And just to dig up old bones - that's what Keegan would have given us.

I take exception at Bernard being called dross like, but a good post nontheless. I also liked Lua Lua.

Agree entirely mate. Bernard was my favourite player aside from Shearer for a good season or so. A lot of people thought he/they were shit though, similarly with the likes of Enrique today. That's what i was getting at.

Thanks btw, guys. Nice hearing stuff like that from people even if it is the internet. :thup: