Kinnear Out

oldtype

Guest Geordiecunny

We're a club in turmoil and anyone who can go six games unbeaten under these circumstances is doing well. Can't believe people jumped on his back when we had a few dodgy results. Thats the sort of thinking that makes us a laughing stock every few months.

The fundamental reasons behind this thread still hasn't changed. I still don't think Kinnear is a good manager and I think the vast majority here would agree that he's not somebody we want long term.

But I can't be bothered to talk about anything negative today, so fuck it. Howay the lads.  :celb:

Yeah, absolutely spot on.

Guest Geordiecunny

Get him tied down before the Mackems get him. 5 year contract now!!

Hmmm, maybes let not knee jerk too far the other way.

Probably he has the best tactical mind among all the managers since Sir Bobby Robson, honestly.  He did make some faults but several tactical decisions ahs been fucking spot on.

I wouldn't say that at all really. In the last couple of games he's simply just realised he needs to play it by the book, no funny business. He's grown some balls aswell, in fairness - he's made the right decisions keeping the likes of Duff and Taylor out of the team. Best tactician since Bobby, though? Nah - Keegan easily imo.

I wouldn't say that at all really. In the last couple of games he's simply just realised he needs to play it by the book, no funny business. He's grown some balls aswell, in fairness

yeap yeap yeap yeap yeap yeap yeap yeap yeap yeap yeap

The mans done really really well for the club but i still wouldnt want him for any longer than the end of the season. Wouldnt mind giving hima role at the club, althoughi doubt he'd take it (and it'd purely be for sentimental reasons). Really think if Ashley wants to stay than he needs to make another ambitious appointment at the end of the season and give the fans more hope of sustained success for the future.

Guest The German

The mans done really really well for the club but i still wouldnt want him for any longer than the end of the season. Wouldnt mind giving hima role at the club, althoughi doubt he'd take it (and it'd purely be for sentimental reasons). Really think if Ashley wants to stay than he needs to make another ambitious appointment at the end of the season and give the fans more hope of sustained success for the future.

If Kinnear brings us to Europe we don't need any new ambitious appointments. Europe would be more then a hope for us!

If Kinnear brings us to Europe we don't need any new ambitious appointments. Europe would be more then a hope for us!

Let's hope he does a Roeder...but this time we don't give him the 2-year contract. Thank him for what he's done but move on. Would be a shame because I'd like to see him stay at the club in some capacity, but I think he'll have had the taste for management back.

Personally i dont think Kinnear has the most skill as a manager to build a future for the club, we've seen before with Roeder that achieving good league positions still isnt a great indicator of how good a manager will be for us.

EDIT: Why am i talking about this? Just beat Spurs, well done Joe. Credit where credits due.

So we wait 5 years for a manager who can make us hard to beat, who the players really want to play for, who can help turn St James into a fortress again and who brings back winnning football. Then when we get him we suggest getting rid of him at the end of the season because he isn't a big enough name for a team like Newcastle United? Get fucked!!!

He's earnt a long-term contract already as far as i'm concerned. Get him signed up - if it ain't broke don't try to fix it.

Guest The German

It will more then alot depend on what Kinnear is doing in the January transfer window. What transfer direction he's going too. What kind of players he's going to bring us!

So we wait 5 years for a manager who can make us hard to beat, who the players really want to play for, who can help turn St James into a fortress again and who brings back winnning football. Then when we get him we suggest getting rid of him at the end of the season because he isn't a big enough name for a team like Newcastle United? Get f***ed!!!

He's earnt a long-term contract already as far as i'm concerned. Get him signed up - if it ain't broke don't try to fix it.

The thing is though, quite a few people were saying that in May 2006, and look what happened.

So we wait 5 years for a manager who can make us hard to beat, who the players really want to play for, who can help turn St James into a fortress again and who brings back winnning football. Then when we get him we suggest getting rid of him at the end of the season because he isn't a big enough name for a team like Newcastle United? Get fucked!!!

Lets just enjoy the result - i have my reasons, but at the moment they pale in significance to the result today!  :thup:

Very impressed that he's learning from his mistakes.

I'd still want someone else given the choice (don't ask who), but he's winning me over. A manager who isn't afraid to admit his mistakes and take measures to rectify them always impresses me.

Lets be honest here, I am as delighted as anyone that we have won the last two games but we have fluked them plain and simple.

Even against Pompey, it was just one of those games that you get once a year or every couple of years or so when everything goes right for you.

And thats the bottom line, plain and simple.

Lets be honest here, I am as delighted as anyone that we have won the last two games but we have fluked them plain and simple.

Even against Pompey, it was just one of those games that you get once a year or every couple of years or so when everything goes right for you.

And thats the bottom line, plain and simple.

That's needlessly harsh.

We fluked the Pompey game? :lol:

We were easily the better team.

On another day, most away days infact, at least one of Defoes or Crouch's chances would have went in and we would have capitulated.

That you cannot deny. On the day in question though, everything went right for us and we won, like I say, the law of averages gives you one of these days every year or so and against Pompey it was it.

Dont see whats wrong with pointing that out, bet we dont win more than 3 aways all season.