Kinnear Out

oldtype

Lets be honest here, I am as delighted as anyone that we have won the last two games but we have fluked them plain and simple.

Even against Pompey, it was just one of those games that you get once a year or every couple of years or so when everything goes right for you.

And thats the bottom line, plain and simple.

That's needlessly harsh.

Not really, the game was on a knife edge until Martins scored, had we lost we couldnt have really complained.

Lets be honest here, I am as delighted as anyone that we have won the last two games but we have fluked them plain and simple.

Even against Pompey, it was just one of those games that you get once a year or every couple of years or so when everything goes right for you.

That's needlessly harsh.

Not really, the game was on a knife edge until Martins scored, had we lost we couldnt have really complained.

we were well on top for the vast majority of the game man

Yeah, if we hadn't scored when they didn't we'd have never won.

:idiot2:

All I am saying is that if you think the win against Pompey was down to Kinnear's brilliant managerial ability then you're having a laugh.

We were long over due a good away day and we got one, simple as that.

What happens when he buys players, and then has to pick the team?

If, and it is a big if, he keeps the form up, I may be happy for him to say if the people who bought Bassong buy all the players for him.

If anything, the fact that Kinnear and Allardyce both work under the "win at home, don't get beat away" mantra proves how much better a tactician Kinnear is. Alright, he ballsed up the Martins sub a few times, but Allardyce playing a Butt/Geremi without swapping it, or bringing on defenders to try and turn a defecit around is far, far worse. And when Kinnear says "don't get beat away" that doesn't mean he plays for a 0-0 each time (funnily enough he got 0-0's without trying too hard to get them, whereas Fat Sam tried to get them and more often than not we got beat).

As for the two late goals vs Stoke and Wigan, well both times were just poor marking at set pieces which is the players fault, and not Kinnears. He could spend hours on defending set pieces every week and they could still go out and do that, there's nothing he could physically do either time.

I'm still not convinced he should get a long-term contract, but I'm happy to see Kinnear here for this season. He's done pretty well. :thup

That's needlessly harsh.

Well on top?, after we went 2 up I'll give you that but Pompey were the better side in the first half.

That's needlessly harsh.

Well on top?, after we went 2 up I'll give you that but Pompey were the better side in the first half.

We've seen numerous NUFC failures string a two game run together, and you are very right to question anyone who is supporting Kinnear based on two games.

That's needlessly harsh.

See, i'm happy to admit when we're the lesser side (ie today, 2nd half) but we really weren't against Pompey. First half was even and second half was clearly ours with the exception of 10 mins after Owen's goal

That's needlessly harsh.

We've seen numerous NUFC failures string a two game run together, and you are very right to question anyone who is supporting Kinnear based on two games.

If you are not taking the piss then thankyou.

Kinnear is a clown.

Not taking the piss, don't worry.

Obviously I want us to do well, but there are many challenges ahead, and people will forget these past two games if we fail to rise to these challenges.

That's very true, James. I'm feeling more confident but Wigan is a bit of a bogey-ground for us and people's minds change on here a hell of a lot. Personally, i don't think we'll lose and i do think that Kinnear is potentially starting to get things ticking along a bit more smoothly. However we've been in this situation before under Joe. A couple of good results, with some games to come that will quantify them, typething. There was the Villa win - and we ballsed it up in the next game, there was the Boro/Chelsea draws - and we ballsed it up in the next game, now there's this. We need to make it count this time.

Not taking the piss, don't worry.

Obviously I want us to do well, but there are many challenges ahead, and people will forget these past two games if we fail to rise to these challenges.

And we will, dont worry about that.  Seen it all a million times before.

Ah football is a funny old game, all you have to do is look at how the mood has changed from the late Stoke come back and it's nice. I'm enjoying feeling positive for a while. The thing is we're only two poor results away from a negative outlook.

Anyhow ignore my rambling. The only thing that has become more clear to me over the last two games is that we aren't going to go down. Yes, relegation is still a threat and probably will be over the next couple of months, but these games have really reassured me with our quality we are always more than capable of grabbing three points.

Kinnear has played apart in this reassurance. There's no doubt with Kinnear the team always on a knife edge, we're always capable of playing a blinder but at the same time minutes away from capitulation. But to deny Kinnear credit for the last two results is a bit out of order isn't it? The man is learning from his mistakes and as his knowledge about the squad grows the more likely it is the frequency of positive results will increase. No one is expecting him to take the league by storm, but to continue doing a tidy, steady-away job.

Football is a game of two sides so to argue: "Oh is this chance had gone in and that chance had of missed" is a bit daft. You could look at every single fixture in football and find a moment where you could say: Oh well if x had happened y would of happened". You don't have to like Kinnear, but to deny him credit for a bit of good form is very harsh to say the least. Just enjoy it while it lasts.

Agree with the Prophet's comments, I think the nature of the league has to be taken into account. The fact it's so close really does leave 2/3 of the Premiership on a knife-edge, and could not safely predict the sort of position they'll find themselves in, in 2 or 3 games time.

Fucking great the way some people will come up with all kinds of shite to throw his way. Perish the thought that they'd ever admit they got it wrong and judged him - heaven forbid.

He's also won more points in 12 games than Keegan managed in 16 last season, (Scoring more and conceding less too btw) but whisper it though.  :razz: 

Fucking great the way some people will come up with all kinds of shite to throw his way. Perish the thought that they'd ever admit they got it wrong and judged him - heaven forbid.

He's also won more points in 12 games than Keegan managed in 16 last season, (Scoring more and conceding less too btw) but whisper it though.  :razz:  

Ooh you cant say that. Keegan is the messiah and his wig needs to be worshipped.

He's got to be brilliant man cos my computer games say so!!

I don't see m/any people saying that. I do see people basing their views on him on his pricetag, how he played in Spain, and on the views of those in the know.

He's got to be brilliant man cos my computer games say so!!

I don't see m/any people saying that. I do see people basing their views on him on his pricetag, how he played in Spain, and on the views of those in the know.

Twas a humorous comment (at least that was its intention). C'mon its Christmas and we've won. Lighten up fish face!