Kinnear Out

oldtype

Noone will come to us between now and the end of the season. Not unless we spend big, rid of this 'structure', bring in a proper chairman and people start talking to each other.

That's what i mean. If Ashley is serious, then doing some of these things - or atleast attempting to do them, would have been first on his agenda. Appoint a Chairman who will settle the fans down, dismantle or atleast dilute the structure as it clearly isn't popular with the majority of managers, and maybe - just maybe - look around to see if there are better managerial candidates. From what it looks like, absolutely none of this has even slightly happened, or been attempted. And like i say, it just proves that Ashley really doesn't give a s*** anymore. Which is fair enough, i can live with that, but he needs to get a clue cos we'll go nowhere but eventually down with things as they are.

If Joe Kinnear is the one given this summer's kitty then we can write off next season aswell, and i think most people will. Attendances will drop even further, no doubt. I pray to God that the penny drops for Ashley before, lets say, November/December - when we're in the bottom three with Kinnear, with a s**** squad, attendances lingering around the 40k mark. Cos i can see it happening.

Will we even be in the Premier League by then?

I reckon so, but others don't seem to be so confident given the current state.

On the Ashley thing, the problem is he obviously doesn't think the way you and I described there is the way forward. Which would be fine...if his way was f***ing working, but it clearly isn't.

People talk about a hatred for Spurs, what they do, blah blah blah, but I really admire them and in particular Daniel Levy for what happened in the Ramos situation. He clearly saw that it wasn't working, so got rid of the manager and dismantled the structure, brought in Redknapp and said "There you go, total control". I mean is it really so hard to admit you're wrong?

The distinction being that Levy wants to keep his club. Ashley obviously doesn't.

Agree entirely mate. Wish we'd do the same with someone like - and i'll probably get laid into for this - Steve Bruce. He won't come as things stand... but he's a bloody good manager who's got a history of stabilising clubs and taking them to a 'certain' level (baring in mind Brum and Wigan are shite clubs with little or no dosh, we're not). And to be honest, that's what we're begging for right now. Joe 'Steady the Ship' Kinnear really hasn't done that, he's huffed and puffed us to within three points of the drop.

If we chucked the system (even though i, personally, like it and think it is feasible with the right personnel), and offered Bruce a wadge of cash, both in his wallet and for the team - then i reckon he'd take it and we'd be fine.

Won't happen though. Gutting.

Bollocks to luck, btw. We were total s**** against the likes of Wigan, Stoke, Blackburn, West Ham - games where we should (given our squad) have amassed a hell of a lot more points than we did do. I can't believe we're sat here looking at those games, with 3 points to our name. Thats should be 12 f***ing points. 10 at the least. And i hold Kinnear responsible for a lot of those points dropped. We deserved no more than what we got on all those occassions and the scorelines backed it up. You make your own luck, and we have not earned any whatsoever.

I think alot of football is based around luck, I mean you just have to look at two of the top four in Aston Villa and Liverpool - they've been just as s*** as other teams at times this year but still find themselves winning nearly every game.

Luck however doesn't stem from own goals and refereeing decisions, I reckon it comes from confidence and grit and determination, something which comes naturally when things are clicking and the mood is positive - something we're a million miles away from atm.

Just look at Keegan. Pretty much the same squad that Kinnear has, yet we were playing alot better then. It's because things just worked and clicked, because KK brought a confidence and a positivity about the place. The fans were enjoying themselves, Keegan was enjoying himself and the players in turn were loving it.

Then it all went to s***. Ashley put the club up for sale, in came a below-par Kinnear and suddenly all that ambition and drive is out of the window - sure there's still a bit of determination, but that's been forced into the players through fear and anger from Kinnear's part. Things are going bad now because there is no confidence, players want out, fans are on edge at every opportunity, heads are well and truly down and so things aren't clicking - passes are going astray, shots are going wide, opposition players are being given more space, and so these 'crucial' decisions from referees are being noted even more as us being 'out of luck'.

Like i said, you make your own luck and we've earnt nowt. In my opinion - we did not deserve victories in any of those home games and luck didn't really have an awful lot to do with it.

Aston Villa, Liverpool, us last year - have very good managers who enforce very good systems and get the best out of their players. You can say they make their own luck... but i just don't think the whole concept holds a lot of water. Villa deserve to be in third cos they've play it right, and we deserve to be three points of the drop zone cos we play it badly wrong.

Fwiw, the whole Wigan saga was riddled with luck from start to finish for us. Them having Heskey out. Then having Zaki out. Then getting Boyce wrongly sent off. And we still couldn't capitalise.

Bollocks to luck, btw. We were total s**** against the likes of Wigan, Stoke, Blackburn, West Ham - games where we should (given our squad) have amassed a hell of a lot more points than we did do. I can't believe we're sat here looking at those games, with 3 points to our name. Thats should be 12 f***ing points. 10 at the least. And i hold Kinnear responsible for a lot of those points dropped. We deserved no more than what we got on all those occassions and the scorelines backed it up. You make your own luck, and we have not earned any whatsoever.

I think alot of football is based around luck, I mean you just have to look at two of the top four in Aston Villa and Liverpool - they've been just as s*** as other teams at times this year but still find themselves winning nearly every game.

Luck however doesn't stem from own goals and refereeing decisions, I reckon it comes from confidence and grit and determination, something which comes naturally when things are clicking and the mood is positive - something we're a million miles away from atm.

Just look at Keegan. Pretty much the same squad that Kinnear has, yet we were playing alot better then. It's because things just worked and clicked, because KK brought a confidence and a positivity about the place. The fans were enjoying themselves, Keegan was enjoying himself and the players in turn were loving it.

Then it all went to s***. Ashley put the club up for sale, in came a below-par Kinnear and suddenly all that ambition and drive is out of the window - sure there's still a bit of determination, but that's been forced into the players through fear and anger from Kinnear's part. Things are going bad now because there is no confidence, players want out, fans are on edge at every opportunity, heads are well and truly down and so things aren't clicking - passes are going astray, shots are going wide, opposition players are being given more space, and so these 'crucial' decisions from referees are being noted even more as us being 'out of luck'.

It's nothing to do with luck. Keegan had poor players available and we got poor results. Once the good players became available he made good use of them.

Like i said, you make your own luck and we've earnt nowt. In my opinion - we did not deserve victories in any of those home games and luck didn't really have an awful lot to do with it.

Aston Villa, Liverpool, us last year - have very good managers who enforce very good systems and get the best out of their players. You can say they make their own luck... but i just don't think the whole concept holds a lot of water. Villa deserve to be in third cos they've play it right, and we deserve to be three points of the drop zone cos we play it badly wrong.

Fwiw, the whole Wigan saga was riddled with luck from start to finish for us. Them having Heskey out. Then having Zaki out. Then getting Boyce wrongly sent off. And we still couldn't capitalise.

You only have to look at today though as an illustration.

On any other day, Stoke would have beaten Liverpool and West Brom would have rescued a point off Villa. It's been the story of the season - anyone can beat anyone on their day.

On another day, we'd have beaten Stoke and probably Wigan. Jonas would have squared the ball to Owen today, the own goal wouldn't have been disallowed etc. etc.

At the end of the day, one day you play well and earn your victories (Pompey away), on other days you ride your luck and just come away with it (West Brom at SJP).

Not even the clubs at the top play well in every single game, but they often still come out with victories. It's because when things are going right, luck is on your side.

That's why Villa are where they are and Everton finished fourth a couple of seasons ago.

I'm not taking it away from Villa, they have been very good at times this season. But alot of their victories (like today) they've ridden their luck and still come away with the 3 points - points that will be pivotal to their finishing place come May.

I just don't really believe in the concept at all tbh. Yeah, on some occassions - you can say, "Fucking hell, we were damned unlucky today - ref was a total tosser." And you'd be absolutely right, that can happen. But over the course of a season, nah. There isn't a league table of luck. In my opinion, clubs get where they are on merit. We've dropped some seriously attainable points, at home especially, because of dreadful performances - be it from manager or playing staff.

Made another buffoon of himself yet again.

OUT!

Have you seen it??

That doesn't matter.

Certainly no manager has been sent off for us in ten years, yet he does something stupid every game. He is a loose cannon, a bad example, and a bad representative of this football club.

OUT!

Have you seen it??

That doesn't matter.

Certainly no manager has been sent off for us in ten years, yet he does something stupid every game. He is a loose cannon, a bad example, and a bad representative of this football club.

Agreed, but acording to the radio it was a bit of nothing just wondering if you had seen it.

Guest ObaStar

Do you think we might not be spending much money now because in the summer we are going to have to replace Owen and that should cost 10-15 Million pounds?

OUT!

Have you seen it??

That doesn't matter.

Agreed, but acording to the radio it was a bit of nothing just wondering if you had seen it.

Don't recall anyone else getting sent of for a bit of nothing. Must have been something, otherwise it would happen more often.

OUT!

Have you seen it??

That doesn't matter.

Don't recall anyone else getting sent of for a bit of nothing. Must have been something, otherwise it would happen more often.

We'll see tonight.

Wenger and Pardew were involved in a bit of a heated discussion a couple of years back too. I can't remember many people moaning about him.

Its more about the quantity and frequency than anything else.

A club needs its manager on the touchline.