Would you take Bellamy back?

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Surely not, i've got nothing against Bellamy and think he's a really good player, but we've got Michel Owen and Oba Martins who are far better players, why sign another shot pacy striker?

the fact that we have had to play Ameobi at all tells you we need another striker.

Surely not, i've got nothing against Bellamy and think he's a really good player, but we've got Michel Owen and Oba Martins who are far better players, why sign another shot pacy striker?

Without getting into an argument about who is 'better', I do think Bellamy would offer us something different and something which we really need in order to pull defences around a bit. He's a creative player who operates well when he roams in that area between the striker and the midfield, and out on the wings. Martins and Owen are out and out strikers.

He'd also offer raw passion, something we are missing from our team as a whole

Yeah, Bellamy always goes out there thinking he's the best player on the pitch and determined to show it to everyone. We need a bit of that swagger, even if he's an irritating sod.

Someone mentioned above or in another thread that Bellas reckons he is a better player/finisher than Beardsley was.

I don't see what's wrong with that , rather someone with that attitude then Sholas (for example)

absolutely.

I'm sure if we all close our eyes and wish very hard then his form and fitness of six years ago will magically return.

Putting your sarcastic tone to one side, for once, on the basis that for once you have attempted to debate something without clipping the debateable parts in favour of the admittedly throw-away comments that I sometimes make to you, nobody is arguing that he might not be the same player as before.

In fact, I've just posted that Peter Beardsley and Terry Hibbit came into the same category in that they came back to the club and were both also past their best. But it didn't stop either of them doing well and proving to be good value.

We are in a relegation fight, and need to strengthen in January. Its quite simple, we need players for certain positions and need to improve them with the best we can get at the current time.

In fact, I've just posted that Peter Beardsley and Terry Hibbit came into the same category in that they came back to the club and were both also past their best. But it didn't stop either of them doing well and proving to be good value.

Doesn't prove a damn thing about Bellamy, though.

Did Hibbit or Beardsley leave the club under a cloud?

When they came back, were either of them in the process of attempting, but not yet succeeding, to regain some kind of form after the kind of injuries Bellamy's been dealing with?

If Pedro was sleeping in a high-altitude tent then it's news to me.

You would have thought the idiots wanting Bellamy back would have learnt their lesson after the Smith fiasco.

They'll be scratching their heads telling us he was a good player 5 years ago all over again.

So he's not a good player anymore then?

I thought most were basing the fact on not wanting him back on his injury record and/or the way he left the club, which is fair enough!

Fairly harsh with the "idiots" comment as well. :undecided:

You would have thought the idiots wanting Bellamy back would have learnt their lesson after the Smith fiasco.

They'll be scratching their heads telling us he was a good player 5 years ago all over again.

So he's not a good player anymore then?

I thought most were basing the fact on not wanting him back on his injury record and/or the way he left the club, which is fair enough!

Fairly harsh with the "idiots" comment as well. :undecided:

He's been at West Ham two years and done nothing, 3 goals in 20 league appearances is a shocking statistic, I don't think he was anything special at Liverpool either.

We could always take the chance that he's going to suddenly find the form he had 5 years ago but if he doesn't then we're stuck with an average performer who's a complete arsehole, is it really worth the hassle?

Bellamy left the club over 3 years ago, since then he's started something like 61 league games out of 130 and scored just over a goal for every 3 starts.  If we need a goal scorer to save us then trying to rely on a one that will average 1 goal every 6 games would be madness.

at Blackburn he scored something like 18 goals in his only season there. Averaged better than a goal a game at Celtic and despite being played in a system clearly not suited to his game, gave a good account of himself at Liverpool.

He's struggled with injury at West Ham but generally done well and let's not forget how well he was doing in his last half-season with us.

Take him back in a second tbh, love him as a footballer

I think you mean you'd take the Bellamy of old back. The current Bellamy isn't up to much, I'm not suggesting our strikeforce aside from Oba and Owen are either.

I think you mean you'd take the Bellamy of old back. The current Bellamy isn't up to much, I'm not suggesting our strikeforce aside from Oba and Owen are either.

still think he's quality. Bags of skill and tenacity, not lost a great deal of pace either

If Owen were to leave in Jan I'd probably take him, but from what I've seen of him he's gone downhill a lot. He was awesome at Blackburn, quite good at Liverpool, but hasn't impressed me too much at Wham. Don't think he's scored yet this season? If he could regain his old form I'd take him in a second, don't think he's quite got it in him anymore sadly.

the fact that we have had to play Ameobi at all tells you we need another striker.

If Bellamy was here we'd still have had to play Ameobi. Bellamy was injured at the time Shola was playing. We had some good results in that period btw.

And people complain about Owen being injured?

Apart from the fact he's a little turd scrote who isn't anything like the player he was - do you not think it strange how he's always at the top of the list when clubs need to sell?

We need fresh blood - and not another striker midget.

Apart from the fact he's a little turd scrote who isn't anything like the player he was - do you not think it strange how he's always at the top of the list when clubs need to sell?

:lol: I do hope these people realise that if we signed Bellamy, we'd have two strikers shorter than him. He'd be a giant among men.

:lol: I do hope these people realise that if we signed Bellamy, we'd have two strikers shorter than him. He'd be a giant among men.

height doesn't matter too much....timing and execution does. think how many headres owen has scored,martins for that matter. ferdinand was,i believe under 6ft aswell.

height doesn't matter too much....timing and execution does. think how many headres owen has scored,martins for that matter. ferdinand was,i believe under 6ft aswell.

I'm sorry, but no. There are severe disadvantages to have three tiny strikers, and two fragile tiny strikers. It's not even about being under or above six foot. I definitely take some one who has 5' 10-11 and a bit robust. I think power and height are important attributes of strikers and always have been.

I'm sorry, but no. There are severe disadvantages to have three tiny strikers, and two fragile tiny strikers. It's not even about being under or above six foot. I definitely take some one who has 5' 10-11 and a bit robust. I think power and height are important attributes of strikers and always have been.

martins is robust and on aoccasions has shown himself to be able to lead like that (unfortunatly as he keeps proving you never know which martins is turning up).

agreed it's not ideal but think rooney-tevez........beardsley-cole....?