Newcastle 2 - 1 Tottenham Hotspur - 21/12/08 - Xmas festivities start on page 16

midds

Got to say that was well played on all accounts by Kinnear today. Not sure what he was doing by starting Shola but i'm assuming he didn't want to risk Viduka (i wasn't around for kick-off, not sure what happened). That's definitely the best sub he's made all season for us. :lol:

How totally unconfident did we look for that last 90 seconds btw? :lol:

best thing is we got lucky today. lack of pace up the field but stayed composed and played well. with martins would have thrashed them. makes it all the sweeter though. especially when they had 12 men.

:celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb:.

bassong 9

zog 9

enrique 9

butt 8

Possibly the best team goal we've scored all season that. Right from Guthrie taking it down deep into his own half. Superb bit of play; what a f***ing quality touch that was from Viduka.

Only got a stream going for the last ten minutes. Don't know how i dared.

Just goes to show you though, that pace isn't everything in football. Patient build-up play, picking the right pass at the right time, and a striker who can do something magic like that, can be equally as effective.

Any player ratings didnt see all the game?

I'll give it a shot.

Given - 7

Beye - 7

Colo -7

Bass - 8

Enrique - 8

Zog - 7-7.5

Butt - 6.5 - 7.0 Solid match.

Gutrie 6.0-6.5

Jonas 7.5

Owen 7

Duke 7.5

Duff -7

Shola - 5.

Guest LucasUnger

Given 7.5

Beye 7.5

Coloccini 8

Bassong 8.5

Enrique 7.5

Jonas 7.5

Guthrie 7.5

Butt 7.5

N'Zogbia 8

Owen 7

Ameobi 4

Viduka 6.5

Duff 10 motm ;)

Guest Stephen927

Always said he was quality, that lad. Merry christmas!

Get him on the back of your shirt.

He'd be a little bit heavy, even for Wullie...

Butt played exetremly well today.  One of his better performances.  Bassong was excellent once again.  Definitely a great buy.  Very composed at the back.  And an inspired substitution, just when it was looking like a draw.  Spurs were the better side in the second half.  Except for Owen chance, we didn't trouble them enough.

I'd fucking love someone to make a Wii advert with Cheryl Tweedy playing Pro Ev on the Wii with Louise Redknapp

"I love beating you!!!"

Have that Harry. Just seen the goals on Sky. Duff celebrating with the fans, fucking glad Wullie doesn't sit in the Milburn stand.