Newcastle 2 - 1 Tottenham Hotspur - 21/12/08 - Xmas festivities start on page 16

midds

Guest Heneage

Solano Dyer Speed Robert

Shearer Bellamy

[/drool]

I'd put that in Prem's top 5 attacks. How good was Viduka's back heel.

Solano Dyer Speed Robert

Shearer Bellamy

[/drool]

I'd put that in Prem's top 5 attacks. How good was Viduka's back heel.

What a random subject change  :lol:

but yes, what a brilliant front 6 that was. Happy days

Game on SS1 now. Modric has just scored.

Damnit. We need to win this now, if i was kinnear i would put Duff in instead of Enrique and try win it very late...

I have pressed the red button for SKYBET but cant find the odds for a Duff winner.

Too bad we couldn't play Martins against Dawson, he would of run around Dawsons legs like one of those Bumby bears from the old Star Wars movies putting down those slow two legged robots..

dawson got an assist didnt he? probably his best game against us  :lol:

Don't think I've ever seen 'arry so bitter.

I saw an article in the Times where he's apparently said to his players at half time that it would be 3pts for them and 1pt wouldn't do.

So so so so so sweet! Utter nincompoop.

I saw an article in the Times where he's apparently said to his players at half time that it would be 3pts for them and 1pt wouldn't do.

Tbf only nincompoops use the word nincompoop.  :razz:

Went to the match with two Spuds fans, what a sickener for them :lol:

You werent in the Gallowgate were you?

Three lads in front of us, one was definitely from Newcastle but one was a Spurs fan. The lad was on his phone texting and my mate nudges me to point out the amusing note about 'gn 2 c tha stripaz afta', which made us giggle. When he closed the text he had a Spurs badge on his phone, hardly moved when our goal went in. I patted him on the head and said 'nevermind' to him, he clearly didnt realise we had sussed him. Danced off screaming 'Newcastle' with everyone else and laughing.

Havent seen a goal celebrated like that for a while, genuinely uplifting and joyous where we were.

Quote of the day was the wag in the bogs who looked at us and said quietly 'never in doubt that'. :lol:

Disagree we were the better side, thought it was very even, an excellent game and am feeling smug as fuck about predicting the pompey game and this victory when everyone's arse was going about relegation. Man of the day, Joe Kinnear, we managed to keep them under control (just), we needed the luck we got and an inspired substitution. Thought Spurs nullified Jonas very well, he is now clearly seen as our danger man and teams are stifling his play and breaks.

Great day.

Guest neesy111

this time last christmas

we drew 2-2 to derby as they almost did the double over us

we're only 4 points behind what we we're last season

Yet last season I don't think we'd been away at any of the big four in the league yet... and already we've done three of the four visits and gotten 2 points. Although we haven't played any at home yet...

Shit game wasnt it? :lol:  :idiot2:

Know nowt.

this time last christmas

we drew 2-2 to derby as they almost did the double over us

we're only 4 points behind what we we're last season

Try doing the points to the relevant teams played rather than at a point in the season, it's a more realistic way of looking at the progress we may or may not have made.

Infact I'll probably do it now. I'm that bored :lol:

The comments on that spurs board are class. Disillusioned as f***.

Why are they always so incredulous that we beat them?  You'd think they'd be used to it by now.

Cos they're Spurs fans. They probably had themselves convinced that we are so s*** and their team is the second coming of Brazil '70 that they'd waltz up here, put the minimum effort in and win 6-0. The reality for them hurts.

Viduka added: “It was looking like it was going to end up a draw and it was a big three points for us. It’s always nice as a striker to be involved and to show a little bit of your style.

“We didn’t really get into those positions too much, but Damien and me have struck up a bit of an understanding between ourselves in training.

“We do those sort of moves all the time – it was automatic. I’m just very happy to be back on the field. It was nice to get on.

“To be involved in a winner in the last minute was something very special.”

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/12/22/mark-viduka-looks-to-end-his-career-at-newcastle-72703-22529168/

Speaking about his dream goal, Duff says: “It’s always good to link up with Mark Viduka and did brilliantly to backheel the ball across to me.

“Mark can do that sort of thing and, to be fair, a couple of moves like that came off in training last week during the build-up for the game.

“Fair play to Mark, I have a lot of respect for him.”

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/12/22/damien-duff-delighted-with-winner-against-spurs-72703-22529166/

"Yeah definitely disappointed how we ever got beat today i'll never know, it was impossible to lose the game I could only see one winner really"

"Not really no I couldn't of asked anymore we couldn't of played better then we did today certainly the Uefa Cup had nothing to do with it, we were pushing for the winner then we got dun in injury time"

"We'll never get a better chance to come to Newcastle and win then we did today thats for sure"

Fucking idiot that Harry Redknapp.

Or were Tottenham that good !  :lol:

http://i43.tinypic.com/1i20eq.jpg

Absolutely priceless.  :lol:

Viduka added: It was looking like it was going to end up a draw and it was a big three points for us. Its always nice as a striker to be involved and to show a little bit of your style.

We didnt really get into those positions too much, but Damien and me have struck up a bit of an understanding between ourselves in training.

We do those sort of moves all the time it was automatic. Im just very happy to be back on the field. It was nice to get on.

To be involved in a winner in the last minute was something very special.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/12/22/mark-viduka-looks-to-end-his-career-at-newcastle-72703-22529168/

Speaking about his dream goal, Duff says: Its always good to link up with Mark Viduka and did brilliantly to backheel the ball across to me.

Mark can do that sort of thing and, to be fair, a couple of moves like that came off in training last week during the build-up for the game.

Fair play to Mark, I have a lot of respect for him.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/12/22/damien-duff-delighted-with-winner-against-spurs-72703-22529166/

One-twos in training?! What with Joe "he managed Wimbledon" Kinnear?!

Well I never ...