The Roflham Lolspurs Thread

Willow

Apparently, Modric to Real Madrid for Lossana Diarra plus cash

Can't see that happening as Spurs already have Parker and Sandro. They should ask for Sahin.

If 'Arry hadn't been dreaming of managing England ever since Fabio was sacked they would have p*ssed third.

It's a bummer for Spurs but they should never have been in this position in the first place.

This

I'm certain that Spurs will sell at least one of Modric/Bale. Even though they are in good financial position, i think Harry would prefer to have the money to spend.

Modric to go imho.    Not convinced that Redknapp will still be there to spend the money.    Levy totally blames Redknapp for not getting 3rd when it was there for the taking.

No way in hell would Sahin leave for a EL club if he does leave Madrid which i dont think he will it will be to a CL club.

Not sure why Madrid need Modric though  :undecided:

Sahin isn't playing for RM so he just might move for regular games in a deal involving Modric, that's the main reason Vertonghen is keen to move to Spurs ahead of Arsenal and Man Utd.  That said, how many player plus cash deals actually happen?  Not that many. 

TBH, I don't think Sahin is at the top of Spurs' shopping list.

I'm certain that Spurs will sell at least one of Modric/Bale. Even though they are in good financial position, i think Harry would prefer to have the money to spend.

Modric to go imho.    Not convinced that Redknapp will still be there to spend the money.    Levy totally blames Redknapp for not getting 3rd when it was there for the taking.

Given that there are 4 PL jobs up for grabs at the moment do you think anyone will be left to take over?

Madrid don't need Modric IMO either. Who would he replace Khedira?

Is Vertonghen still happening then despite no CL football?

allegedly Levys over in Holland to get it through, though there seems to be a price issue from what I've read (ie Spurs don't like the idea of paying an 8 figure sum for him)

Was'nt the money i thought Spurs would struggle without CL as its a well run club..... it was the fact Vertonghen wants CL football and other clubs who have CL football who need CB's come in like say for example.... Milan.

Who supposedly want Vertonghen aswell and Vertonghen has been quoted as saying " When a club like Milan come calling you cant say no"

Which is why i questioned the possibility of Vertonghen going to Spurs still that high.

Was'nt the money i thought Spurs would struggle without CL as its a well run club..... it was the fact Vertonghen wants CL football and other clubs who have CL football who need CB's come in like say for example.... Milan.

Who supposedly want Vertonghen aswell and Vertonghen has been quoted as saying " When a club like Milan come calling you cant say no"

Which is why i questioned the possibility of Vertonghen going to Spurs still that high.

The quotes regarding Milan are ages old.  Levy has been in Amsterdam today  with Vertonghen's agent talking to Ajax, there's pics of the pair of them on various sites .  All the recent talk has been that he only wants to sign for Spurs, been quoted that he will not sign for anyone else.  The delay is all about Levy trying to get the price down.  I'm 99% certain it will happen in the next week or so.

Edit:  Vertonghen has said he wants to play regularly and in his preferred CB position.  CL in the coming season isn't a problem if the ambition is there to progress.    He has been over a couple of times and has had a tour of the new training facility as well spoken to VdV about Spurs on numerous occasions.

The quotes regarding Milan are ages old.  Levy has been in Amsterdam today  with Vertonghen's agent talking to Ajax, there's pics of the pair of them on various sites .  All the recent talk has been that he only wants to sign for Spurs, been quoted that he will not sign for anyone else.  The delay is all about Levy trying to get the price down.  I'm 99% certain it will happen in the next week or so.

Are you his agent?

I can get that Tottenham are disappointed. Maybe they should point their complaints at Everton FC...?

FYP.

The FA/UEFA  in 2005 should've just stuck to the precedent that was set in 2000 when Real Madrid won and finished 5th, where Zaragoza got knocked down to the UEFA Cup.

I can get that Tottenham are disappointed. Maybe they should point their complaints at Everton FC...?

FYP.

The FA/UEFA  in 2005 should've just stuck to the precedent that was set in 2000 when Real Madrid won and finished 5th, where Zaragoza got knocked down to the UEFA Cup.

That was the Spanish FA's decision. Each country was responsible for nominating its representatives in CL competition, there was no specific rule on it and if we followed every precedent set by the Spanish authorities re: Real Madrid then our game would be in a very sorry state.

The FA did the right thing and chose us as the 4th placed team over the whole season. Liverpool refused to accept that, spat their dummy out and lobbied UEFA for special dispensation. This eventually forced the whole rules of the competition to be changed so that CL winners are guaranteed a spot. Quite how that's Everton's fault is beyond me.