The Roflham Lolspurs Thread

Willow

Exciting times for Spurs fans.  New Head Coach, first signing done and more on the way.

Ade and Vertonghen should be sorted out next, and fingers crossed, a couple of youngish Brazilians as well.

You expect Modric and VDV to be off then?

Exciting times for Spurs fans.  New Head Coach, first signing done and more on the way.

Ade and Vertonghen should be sorted out next, and fingers crossed, a couple of youngish Brazilians as well.

You talking about Oscar? i will change my name to AVB_SpudsFan for a Month if you sign him :lol:

You talking about Oscar? i will change my name to AVB_SpudsFan for a Month if you sign him :lol:

just in case

Definitely and possibly.  Think VdV will only go if  we get Oscar.  Bids for him and another Brazilian were made this morning.  Neither rejected, neither accepted, both being considered.  Both knowing Sandro and having a Portugese speaking coach might help, certainly won't do any harm.

Seems like Levy is doing what he can to give AVB the players he wants to play the formation and style AVB is happiest with.  A long time since we've had so much happening this early in a window.

First AVB, now Sigurdsson. I've officially stopped laughing.. :(

Hardly earth shattering is it.

Maybe not earth shattering, but certainly two very promising moves. I wanted Sigurdsson here badly especially. Wouldn't surprise me if he went on to become a regular 20 goal a season attacking midfielder. AVB is a bit of a gamble, but he's certainly showed potential at Portugal and will have learned at Chelsea, so is potentially another brilliant move for them.

Definitely and possibly.  Think VdV will only go if  we get Oscar.  Bids for him and another Brazilian were made this morning.  Neither rejected, neither accepted, both being considered.  Both knowing Sandro and having a Portugese speaking coach might help, certainly won't do any harm.

Seems like Levy is doing what he can to give AVB the players he wants to play the formation and style AVB is happiest with.  A long time since we've had so much happening this early in a window.

:lol:

I hope it's Nigerians.

The popular opinion is The Qatar Foundation buying 25%. 

Zeki Fryers confirmed on Twitter that he has signed.

Now beginning to turn up elsewhere, though it is Caught Offside  ...........

rumours that the Qatar Foundation (PSG owners) have taken a 25% stake in Spurs and are making £200 million available?

Consortium eyes Spurs.

The Qatari consortium that owns mega-rich Paris Saint-Germain is interested in buying 25 per cent of Tottenham Hotspur.

The group are keen to invest in the Premier League and have held discussions with ENIC – the company that owns a majority stake in Spurs – and Chairman Daniel Levy.

UEFA’s Financial Fair Play regulations restrict the group from purchasing any more than 25 per cent of another European club due to their ownership of PSG.

But the move will still be a significant boost for the north Londoners and should mean new boss Andre Villas-Boas has up to £200 million to splash on wages and transfer fees this summer.

The move is likely to mark a change in policy at White Hart Lane. Spurs have been notoriously thrifty in recent seasons and last January former boss Harry Redknapp was restricted to bringing in veterans Ryan Nelsen and Louis Saha on free transfers.

This summer, the north Londoners have already beaten Liverpool to the signature of Gylfi Sigurdsson, reportedly by offering him a significant wage packet and this could be a sign of things to come.

Under the deal, Levy will remain as chairman and ENIC will continue to hold a majority share of the club.

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2012/07/06/tottenham-hotspur-could-be-set-for-200m-investment-as-qatari-consortium-eyes-premier-league-deal/

It seems to be a rehash of the Times article that I referred to the other day, but there could well be some truth in it.  It's well documented that Levy has been talking to Qatari Airlines regarding Naming Rights for the new stadium and he's been pictured in Qatar and at the Aspire Academy on numerous occasions.  It could also explain the activity in the transfer market, it's being said that Adebayor is expected to sign permanently this weekend, some are saying on a free.  There's little doubt that Joe Lewis wouldn't say no to selling his share in Spurs and Uefa regulations would allow The Qatar foundation to buy 25% if they wanted to.

Guest Roger Kint

Martin LOL ffs when you quote caughtoffside i lose faith in your impeccable ITK record  :'(

Guest Tyson

First AVB, now Sigurdsson. I've officially stopped laughing.. :(

and I'm pretty sure Spurs' affiliation, or co-op arrangement, with of one Brazilian 1st Div clubs is still in effect.

Having that first right of refusal in that sort of talent pool (admittedly forking 10m+ for top youngsters) is a major plus for them. Most of that emerging & top talent would otherwise end up at one of the Primera Lg's big clubs as their first port-of-call in Europe (or Portugal, enroute to Spain) where there is less of a culture shock effect in their transition to European football. Throw the culture-hub which is Milan into the mix as well ie. Inter & AC Milan will occasionally prize away a blue-chip youngster from Brazil.

AVB, culturally & probably football-wise as well, is better equipped than Harry, and better placed to draw maximum benefit from what is a top-end talent pool at Spurs' disposal. These intangibles would have weighed heavily towards his appointment imo. They'll be more aggressive now re- utilizing their co-op agreement.

Just another reason to stop laughing at Spurs.