The Roflham Lolspurs Thread

Willow

Bale probably will be great or could be with a few years under a disciplinarian who wouldn't indulge him wanting to drift whereever he likes, he's no good in the middle and yet wants to be there and Redknapp let him second half of season. With harder work and less selfish at times he could well very very good. If indulged suspect he'll be a could have been player.

Yeah, that's what most of us have been saying all along. I think this is at the heart of why Levy didn't want to commit to Redknapp - Bale wasn't the only player allowed to ignore some of the basics. When we all worked hard and pressed, and players changed position intelligently rather than willy-nilly, we looked pretty shit hot. It didn't happen enough in the second half of the season.

Bale has been hyped to the extent he's priced himself out of a move.

He's a very good player but not a great one. Typical Spurs player in that respect.

Aye, he's very one dimensional and nowhere near as good as the hype suggests. Him wanting to play down the middle for example was a load of tosh, but he bought into his own hype.

He's a winger who is best at beating people using his unbelievable pace and acceleration. Much rather have Ben Arfa.

You could have just stopped there man instead of introducing "our" version of Catts for me like.

Funny how he was going to sign all these good players but never did.  He's like the aftertimers on the betting forums who constantly jump into threads after the event has finished and declare that they had a lump on the winner.

Thats quite an upgrade for Spurs - damn.

... I guess that means they need to be finishing above the 4th and 5th place finishes that the lesser Mr Redknapp achieved then?

If they dont sell their star players, I dont see why they cant. AVB will get them performing in Europe too, whereas Redknapp's rotating backfired last season.

Guest palnese

Think they could've done a lot better.

Who's available that's a lot better?

Rafa? Not sure if he'd be a better option, mind.