The Roflham Lolspurs Thread

Willow

Guest antz1uk

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1097347/spurs-boss-redknapp-slams-quit-rumours?cc=5739#

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp has told ESPN that he has not resigned from his job at White Hart Lane after rumours suggested he had quit on Tuesday.

Harry Redknapp

GettyImagesHarry Redknapp was expected to get the England job

• Redknapp issues contract warning

Speculation in the media over the weekend reiterating the crisis point over his contract talks with chairman Daniel Levy led to more suggestions on Twitter that he was ready to walk out on his club, but the Spurs boss was bullish when asked about the rumours.

Redknapp told ESPN: "No, I haven't resigned, and I have no idea why it is being suggested that I have resigned.

"This is an outrage; an absolute liberty for people to be putting around this kind of rumour on the internet. It is not true, there is not a chance I will resign. Why should I? I have a year left on my contract."

However it is now common knowledge, as ESPN has already revealed, that talks on Redknapp's part, with new agents hired for the specific task of negotiating an improved deal, have stalled with no offer from Spurs beyond his current contract.

That contract has just one more season to run and Redknapp has been suggesting that he should be given a new three-year deal to provide stability and continuity within the club at a crucial time, as they try to recruit new players and keep stars such as Luka Modric, Rafael van der Vaart and Gareth Bale.

Guest neesy111

@matchoftheda: Redknapp thing all just a grammatical misunderstanding. Actually wrote to Levy to tell him he was ready to re-sign

seems like he could be on his way anyway if tomorrows rags are to be believed.

Being said that Harry has been told today, package not yet finalised and Martinez is the preferred option.

May be complete b*ll*cks but somehow I don't think so.

Shame Harry isn't on the BBC panel tonight.

Being said that Harry has been told today, package not yet finalised and Martinez is the preferred option.

Who's saying this?

Who's saying this?

A powerful consortium of posters on Spurs message boards, who have links to people working in the club shop and one of the groundsmen.

Who's saying this?

me, in april.

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,70441.msg3670534.html#msg3670534