West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He spent half a season last year struggling to get in a Preston team ahead of Agyemang, Mellor & Ormerod, and there's now people wanting him ahead of Viduka because of a good 20 minute performance. :lol:

Kinnear

"Big Andy has changed the complexion of the game when he came on and did well to win the penalty which gave us that hope.

I bet you think he has a sexy body, mate?

Give me your MSN please... He's just a good player and very underrated in my eyes...

:lol:

he's sent me a PM asking for it as well. :lol:

Your mental if you think Carroll has suddendly become a good player after playing a good twenty mins for us,every other time I have seen him play hes being pure s***.

you mean the other 20 mins he played for us?

I've seen enough of Carrol to suggest that he's not a bad striker.. he may be up his arse a bit but it's early to write him off..

and of course he should play ahead of Viduka.. Viduka can't walk ffs

Guest Heneage

Send him out against Liverpool and tell him if he doesn't ruff them up and get physical. If he won't take his chance against Liverpool then he never will.

And I don't see where this "never did look good enough" crap is coming from either.

He looked our best player when Keegan gave him half an hour in the 5-1 loss to Man United. Won a corner, set up the goal from it, caused Rio a few problems.

Against Juventus in that friendly he was very good too, not to mention the friendly away at Hull when he also looked very good in the air.

He deserves a start against Liverpool in my opinion, unless Oba is fit of course.

And firetotheworks he was on the field for 25 minutes if you include stoppages.

Also when he was brought on at Portsmouth in his first league debut ( stato correct me if wrong ) , he gave Sol Campbell a hell of a time.

Send him out against Liverpool and tell him if he doesn't ruff them up and get physical. If he won't take his chance against Liverpool then he never will.

no logic here whatsoever

Are you surprised?

:lol:

The stick he's got in here is a joke really. The only time he's been poor was when he came on against Man City. He hasn't played for months at that point.

You only have to look at Crouch to see that someone of that size can be a threat. All he has to do is win his headers and hold the ball up well and he's going to be difficult to defend against- especially when he's surrounded by pace.

His goals at reserve level show he has the knack of scoring. He looks to have a canny left foot and can score with his head- something only a handful of strikers can do nowadays.

Kinnear will be canny for his development as he's worked with plenty of target men in his time. I think he could be an asset to the squad if I'm honest. Mainly as an impact sub where his physicality can be used.

Guest Heneage

no logic here whatsoever

Are you surprised?

Oh come on use your heads.

Play Carroll against Liverpool. Pre-Game, in your team talk tell him this his chance, he has to go out there and cause trouble, ruff up the centre backs of Liverpool get physical get aggressive, like a Ricardo Fuller does, in their faces constantly, use the fact you are 6ft whatever, work on the idea that you know he can do it and be sure to stress how important it is, build the lads confidence up, tell him to basically show no fear, and that no matter what happens there is no pressure were expected to get stuffed. If he can't raise his game to play Liverpool when nobody is expecting anything then he's unlikely to ever have the mentality for Premier League football.

But please Towelie continue to pontificate and patronize you bell-end.

no logic here whatsoever

Are you surprised?

Play Carroll against Liverpool. Pre-Game, in your team talk tell him this his chance, he has to go out there and cause trouble, ruff up the centre backs of Liverpool get physical get aggressive, like a Ricardo Fuller does, in their faces constantly, use the fact you are 6ft whatever, work on the idea that you know he can do it and be sure to stress how important it is, build the lads confidence up, tell him to basically show no fear, and that no matter what happens there is no pressure were expected to get stuffed. If he can't raise his game to play Liverpool when nobody is expecting anything then he's unlikely to ever have the mentality for Premier League football.

Having the ability for Premier League football also goes a long way btw.

Guest Heneage

no logic here whatsoever

Are you surprised?

Having the ability for Premier League football also goes a long way btw.

Where did I say it didn't?

But are you telling me that a player has never got by on just being big and physical, Bouba Diop springs to mind, if he was Emre's size he'd be lucky to get a game for most League 1 sides, but because he can bully players he's good. Carroll will never out play Carragher and Agger, that's not his game nor will it ever be, but in terms of roughing them up or frightening them into making mistakes be it a mis-timed lunge or a dodgy pack pass then yes that he can do.

Guest The German

Here we go... www.nufc.co.uk

---

Carroll Impact Impresses Kinnear

By Craig Hope

JOE Kinnear admits he would have no worries about throwing big Andy Carroll in from the start against league leaders Liverpool on Sunday.

The towering Geordie striker came from the bench at Wigan on Boxing Day and won the penalty, tucked away by Danny Guthrie, which almost sparked a late United fightback.

And, while the hosts held on to claim a 2-1 win, Carroll's impact was not lost on Toon chief Joe who says that the Gateshead-born youngster could be handed a starting berth against the Reds.

"I think Andy has a chance," he said.

"We have Mark Viduka out with a groin injury and Shola Ameobi and Oba Martins also out.

"So there is every chance Andy will get a run in the team."

He added: "To be fair to Andy, he was a handful when he came on.

"I took Michael Owen off just to give him a break.

"We want to get the best out of him with two games in less than 48 hours, so it was to save him for Liverpool."

United lost Mark Viduka during the second half at the JJB Stadium after the Aussie ace injured his groin, and Kinnear explained: "He pulled out of a challenge because of the injury.

"Just prior to that he had stretched going into another challenge.

"It's a groin muscle and one which I had to take him off immediately. He came walking towards us when he knew I was going to bring him off."

He can make himself a nuisance if nothing else. Owen usually benefits from playing with such strikers like Heskey as it means he isn't double marked all the time, I'd give him a go if Oba's not fit. Xisco can always come on as sub.

Guest The German

At the end of the day, who else is there? It's a straight toss up between Carroll and Xisco and seeing as Carroll nearly dragged us to a point single handed yesterday, he deserves to get the nod.

Absolut rightly said. It can be his chance. His day!

Maybe a new Peter Crouch was born here...

At the end of the day, who else is there? It's a straight toss up between Carroll and Xisco and seeing as Carroll nearly dragged us to a point single handed yesterday, he deserves to get the nod.

I don't think we know what to expect from either player but I think we'll see both getting some time on the pitch against Liverpool as I don't think either is good enough to play a full game at this time.