West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It's the timing of the request and the nature that it's came about is what has really pissed me off.

Why say all along you didn't want to go? It would have been a lot easier to deal with if he'd have been honest from the offset.

We had a decent chace of getting into europe, but with no replacement things are not looking too good.

cud be the most expensive 35 million ever, if it goes tits up.

Let's hope it does.

Second fucking NUFC team that cunt Dalglish has ripped apart. Detested him as a kid, detest him now.

Seconded. Barely back in football for a month... he couldn't fucking wait to dig into us. Cunt.

We had a decent chace of getting into europe, but with no replacement things are not looking too good.

And not unthinkable CP, either.

The lads a talent but there are still many question marks over him and he's a huge gamble at £35m.

thisisanfield: From a Newcastle fanzine:

Andy Carroll contacted ToonTalk editor Steve Wraith today via text to say, “I’m gutted to be leaving my home town club, i was told to go. I didn’t want to leave that’s why I signed a 5 year deal. I was pushed out of the door.”

If he says that with his own mouth, I'll take back what I'm thinking and saying about him.

Until then, he's a grade-A c*** from now on.

put yourself in his position....what could they say or do to you that would make you ask for a transfer when thereis a 35mill bid on the table ?

It's the timing of the request and the nature that it's came about is what has really pissed me off.

Why say all along you didn't want to go? It would have been a lot easier to deal with if he'd have been honest from the offset.

Aye, he's left us in the shit here like. Fucking little cunt, hope he gets locked up tbh.

Loyalty in football,we know is a myth,but it's sacrilege for a home-town boy wearing his boyhood teams famous number nine shirt to turn his back on it 6 months later.

Agree with this but I feel there's a lot more to this deal than meets the eye.

Fucking cunt. Could have been the next Shearer, idolised and loved forever, but now he's just going to be another mercenary cunt fucking off from 'big' club to 'big' club looking for more and more money each time. Hope the little fuck has a career ending injury, absolute traitor.

Can't argue with that, the fact that he turned down a lifetime of adoration and hero-worship is what makes it even harder to take.

Ask Alan Shearer whether wearing the number 9 for NUFC means more than any amount of trophies and any amount of money.

Fucking cunt. Could have been the next Shearer, idolised and loved forever, but now he's just going to be another mercenary cunt fucking off from 'big' club to 'big' club looking for more and more money each time. Hope the little fuck has a career ending injury, absolute traitor.

Can't argue with that, the fact that he turned down a lifetime of adoration and hero-worship is what makes it even harder to take.

Ask Alan Shearer whether wearing the number 9 for NUFC means more than any amount of trophies and any amount of money.

The same Alan Shearer who was prepared to move to Liverpool too?

thisisanfield: From a Newcastle fanzine:

Andy Carroll contacted ToonTalk editor Steve Wraith today via text to say, “I’m gutted to be leaving my home town club, i was told to go. I didn’t want to leave that’s why I signed a 5 year deal. I was pushed out of the door.”

If he says that with his own mouth, I'll take back what I'm thinking and saying about him.

Until then, he's a grade-A c*** from now on.

put yourself in his position....what could they say or do to you that would make you ask for a transfer when thereis a 35mill bid on the table ?

They could convince me that it was in the best interests of the club that I leave I suppose, but I would still never actually submit a transfer request to go.

They would have literally force me out and be seen in public to be doing it.

The lads a talent but there are still many question marks over him and he's a huge gamble at £35m.

ok agreed.

my point i made badly was if it goes tits up for us that 35 million will look a bit shit.

The same Alan Shearer who was prepared to move to Liverpool too?

When?

Iirc Liverpool bid £5 million for him, Bobby thought it was a cracking deal, but Freddy vetoed it.

dowie and the other guy speaking a bit of sense on SSN

The "he's rumoured to be out for another month why didn't they have another striker lined up already" line?

all of it really. how liverpool went out and tied up a deal in half a day, how we should have targets in mind in case of events like this, how going for n'zogbia is daft, not a priority etc

this club is just ran so senselessly.

ok agreed.

my point i made badly was if it goes tits up for us that 35 million will look a bit shit.

True too. See it both ways.

I'm going to read Harry Potter. It's the only thing that makes me happy.

Thats it, I'm posting spoilers, if I can't be happy no one can!

:harry:

Not that I haven't read the series multiple times.

Lions are better run than NUFC.

Crazy shit, right?