West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest neesy111

Andy Carroll had a five year contract. Why exactly wouldn't he be able to say no if he genuinely didn't want to go?

I don't know.  Also I thought players could hold clubs to ransom as well, not the other way round?

Guest firetotheworks

If they're genuinely from Carroll, then they should be given to someone like Caulkin, if we're ever to decipher the truth.

http://cdnmo.coveritlive.com/media/image/201101/phpbiXVebCarroll.jpg

Backstabbing piece of shit.

Which one - the one that fucked us over and took us back a decade for a wage 15 years ago, the one that fucked us over to cover his managerial failings over the past month or the cunt that 'loves us' and fucked us over at the last possible moment in the transfer window but will provide evidence it wasn't his fault he signed a contract for more money and was forced to by Bad Ash, Cunt Derek and Gambling Debt Puppet Pardew.

Guest bmoregeordie

thisisanfield: From a Newcastle fanzine:

Andy Carroll contacted ToonTalk editor Steve Wraith today via text to say, “I’m gutted to be leaving my home town club, i was told to go. I didn’t want to leave that’s why I signed a 5 year deal. I was pushed out of the door.”

I'm not saying this isn't true.

But given where he is from and where is family from, if he ever wants to have a decent time in his hometown again, he pretty much HAS to say this.

Andy Carroll had a five year contract. Why exactly wouldn't he be able to say no if he genuinely didn't want to go?

why exactly would he put in a transfer request if he genuinely didn't want to leave ?

A transfer request is nothing but a piece of paper with a signature line that is a bargaining chip modern negotiations. Carroll's agent, Newcastle and Liverpool reps and countless others have been working on him for probably the last 72 hours. ANdy is not very bright and I am sure he was given immense pressure to sign the thing and told just that "It's just a piece of paper Andy... a piece of paper worth millions."

I'm just going off what Bobby said tbf.

The circumstances were different then anyway, we'd already had 8 years out of him, and he was declining rapidly.

Shearer was declining when we bought him. I know it's sacrilege to say so but that's the only similarity here other than the local connection.