West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I will say sorry to Liverpool if Carroll turns out to be a Woodgate.  Honestly, the most expensive British transfer, 8th most expensive buy in history, for someone who may not be able to play over 20 games per season.  It's even worse than a robbery :fishing:

Don't see what's wrong new about that? :dontknow: Probably just trying to covering himself for the 'Carroll is going nowhere' comments.

Dunno, I think he's being straight.  Nothing wrong with it btw, I'm just surprised he's came out and said it.

For me it just adds weight to the theory that we went into the window trying to flog him.  The price that we wanted was know.  Pardew knew the score.  That would be fine to a degree what I do not like is the gamble that they did not need to replace him and the rubbish that came out regarding bids for players with minutes left in the window.  For me that was all horse crap intended only to placate us.  Then came the "all the money will be reinvested".  Then when people start calming down the line changes to "we are in financial trouble money needed we will sell again".  If we went into the window trying to flog him we should have had a replacement ready for when the deal went through. 

I'm sure someone must have mentioned it somewhere in in these 470 pages, but does anyone reckon us getting such a high fee for Carroll has something to do with Kia Joorbchian or however you spell Tevez's agent's name? It came out that he was advising us in the autumn, I guess after the Hughton sacking. Left to their own devices, I don't see why the Ashley regime would have refused the Spurs bid of twenty odd million. Doing so though has got us an extra ten million plus, albeit at the cost of no time to get another body in. Simply in terms of maximizing the fee, we played that transfer uncharacteristically well.

Guest Gemmill

Fucking hell man, some of the crack on here.  "CARROLL IS A CUNT!"  "JUDAS BASTARD!". 

Then Pardew comes out and says "I was lying from the minute I got here.  There were never any assurances from Derek or Mike about Carroll.  I was lying to you all."

He passes that shit sarnie across to you lot and you just neck it, no questions asked, pausing briefly to tell him that it was fucking delicious.

Whether what he is saying now is true, or whether he's under orders to "go and tell the fans we didn't make those assurances, cos you've made us look bad" is anyone's guess.  I suspect the latter, otherwise why concoct the line about his initial conversations with the owner being all about Carroll and assurances he was going nowhere. You don't need to do that before you know that clubs are sniffing around the player.

Some of you will buy owt they say.  And if what he is saying is true, then the failure to bring in a striker and the willingess to let players leave is all the more stark.  Either way, he loses.  And so do all of us.

Fucking hell man, some of the crack on here.  "CARROLL IS A CUNT!"  "JUDAS BASTARD!". 

Then Pardew comes out and says "I was lying from the minute I got here.  There were never any assurances from Derek or Mike about Carroll.  I was lying to you all."

He passes that shit sarnie across to you lot and you just neck it, no questions asked, pausing briefly to tell him that it was fucking delicious.

Whether what he is saying now is true, or whether he's under orders to "go and tell the fans we didn't make those assurances, cos you've made us look bad" is anyone's guess.  I suspect the latter, otherwise why concoct the line about his initial conversations with the owner being all about Carroll and assurances he was going nowhere. You don't need to do that before you know that clubs are sniffing around the player.

Some of you will buy owt they say.  And if what he is saying is true, then the failure to bring in a striker and the willingess to let players leave is all the more stark.  Either way, he loses.  And so do all of us.

You sound annoyed. Still doesnt make Andy Carroll any less of a cunt though

Guest sicko2ndbest

We are not going to see a lot left from this fee as pardew today says he needs this money to tie up jose s bartons and tiotes new contracts.

I'm sure someone must have mentioned it somewhere in in these 470 pages, but does anyone reckon us getting such a high fee for Carroll has something to do with Kia Joorbchian or however you spell Tevez's agent's name? It came out that he was advising us in the autumn...

It did, but the club were fairly quick to say the story was rubbish iirc.

f***ing hell man, some of the crack on here.  "CARROLL IS A c***!"  "JUDAS b******!". 

He passes that s*** sarnie across to you lot and you just neck it, no questions asked, pausing briefly to tell him that it was f***ing delicious.

As Pards said  “You have to face reality. Unfortunately that is what we had to do when Liverpool came with their pockets ­brimming full of cash.

They were always going to sell him transfer request or not. They just fucked around with AC on transfer deadline saying he could speak to them, then he could not, contract talks, then no contract talks & then asking for a transfer request.

Let's send this thread to the abyss that is page two. Time to move on.

Please can people please take note of this and stuff. Seriously after what our boys achieved yesterday I STILL don't know why we're all secretly wanting Carroll to return but pretending to bash him. It's getting old, let's ust 4get about him.

The reality is that every player has his price, and anyone who takes literally the statement, 'The player is not for sale' is being naive. That only ever means, 'If you want the player, you are going to have to offer us really silly money' - which is what Liverpool did.

There's really not much else that Pardew could have said in the circumstances. 'It depends on the size of the bid' just attracts interest, as Pardew said.

Pardew admitted: “I’ve got contracts to renew within 18 months – Joey Barton, Enrique. So if I didn’t have the Andy Carroll money, could I do that? “It is about taking a balanced view. But I want players who want to play for Newcastle United – that is what is I want.”

Guest TheSummerOf69

Justice for the £35m

Oh dear.

Losing your star player's a pain in the arse. Losing your sons and daughters through the deliberate negligence of the authorities and then being told it's your fault is a different bag of s*** altogether. Maybe I just don't have a sense of humour, eh?