West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

All players do that though, praise the place they're currently at as 'the best' and then repeat the trick for the next place. It's like Noel Edmunds telling us that every single game of Deal or No Deal is gripping and exciting, when in reality it's a boring old biddy who has lost most of the big money after fifteen minutes.

Guest neesy111

Quite a few of us actually described the atmosphere as shite in the "Other Games" thread as it sounded shit on telly.

Good though he is, I'd still see Carroll as a raw talent who needs more experience to refine his decision-making. The question is - are Liverpool going to give him that experience? They're impatient to get back into the top four, and in Kuyt and Suarez they have players who can already do a job for them. Carroll may end up warming the bench more often than he'd like.

Good though he is, I'd still see Carroll as a raw talent who needs more experience to refine his decision-making. The question is - are Liverpool going to give him that experience? They're impatient to get back into the top four, and in Kuyt and Suarez they have players who can already do a job for them. Carroll may end up warming the bench more often than he'd like.

What an absolute load of s****.

Pipe down, man. You didn't spot his ability in the early days, and it looks like you're not spotting his limitations now.

Limitations or not, there's no way he'll end up on the bench for any considerable period of time. He's the best player at that club by a distance.

You've gone from massively underrating him to massively overrating him in the space of a year.  :lol:

Limitations or not, there's no way he'll end up on the bench for any considerable period of time. He's the best player at that club by a distance.

You've gone from massively underrating him to massively overrating him in the space of a year.  :lol:

quite possibly in the space of a week.

can't see carroll having any longevity and banging them in into his thirties. but he might get a few this season and have two really good ones afterwards. not enough to payback the £35m.

carroll could have a good 10 years ahead of him, that depends on him niot twatting himself up and my personal thinking that liverpool and the set up they have isn't the right place for him.

Pipe down, man. You didn't spot his ability in the early days, and it looks like you're not spotting his limitations now.

Well said. I'm still not convinced Carroll will make a good Liverpool player or whether the manager who bought him isn't a total prick.

Reina, Gerrard, Suarez and possibly Meireles are all better players.

No chance. Suarez I haven't seen enough of.

I'm not having this like. :lol: I rate Carroll, this is no bitterness, but he's proven nowhere near enough to be rated as highly are you are here.

would you put carroll in goal instead of reina, in midfield instead of gerrard or meireles ?

kind of makes this board looks stupid.

would you put carroll in goal instead of reina, in midfield instead of gerrard or meireles ?

kind of makes this board looks stupid.

I know it's stupid to compare them when they play different positons, but in terms of ability I think they're all ahead of Carroll. Fair point you make though and it's a silly comparison.

Carroll has scored 14 Premiership goals. Most of them the result of set pieces, as much as his game has dramatically improved he has done nowhere near enough to deserve this billing.