West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

LiverpoolScout ‏@LiverpoolScout

The only way I see Carroll moving back to Newcastle is in a deal with cash (£10m) + Yohan Cabaye, Demba Ba or Hatem Ben Arfa.

No, really, he's serious.

He then goes on to suggest that Ben Arfa would be back up. :mackems:

Any one of those three would be Liverpools best player by quite a distance.

Guest Realist

Missed the fun of this. Much appreciated, timezone. :(

Anyway, when Carroll left for 35m, I always had this strange feeling that that wan't the last of him in a Newcastle shirt. I felt that, whether or not he'd succeed in Liverpool, he'd come home the moment we're built up to be one hell of a team again.

Now that we seem to be on the up, I'd be happy to see this push through. It ticks all boxes for me: we'd get another young player in, we'll get depth in strikers, we'll get to put on a smug grin on them bin dippers on every game against them, and we'll get a Geordie up front during a bright time for the club. Carroll's been in good form over the past few months as well, and this move would probably be what it takes to get thim to kick on. A win-win for both parties imo, and the only ones I can see not benefiting from such a move would be Loserfool. Though it's hard to think of reasons why we wouldn't want it to be that way, wouldn't it? :lol:

So, if it happens, get in, and if it doesn't, I'd still have faith that we'd eventually get our striking depth sorted out with the scouting we have.  :)

I assume you are only referring to us and Carroll as a huge loss on a player is hardly a win for the dippers.

Not that I care what so ever :) 

On a serious note, they will only deal with us if they get a significant chunk of the money back, there is no way we will go higher than £10-12M IMO which on its own is hillarious.

Exactly.  Even 15m ... think about it - end of the day that means LFC gave us 20m for the privilege of rehabbing, training, paying and playing one of our players for 18 months then returning him, essentially setting some kind of fool record for loan fee.  :lol: 

Don't want him back, he represents the opposite of what we are trying to build both in terms of character and style of play. Yes he doesn't have Shola's rapist touch but technically he is far inferior than the likes of HBA, Cabaye, Cisse and Ba. Just let him lie in the grave he dug himself

Why aren't we trying to build a balanced squad?

Not sure how the fook we would get AC and the Demba's on the pitch at the same time.  Cannot see that happening with Tiote, HBA and Cabaye needed on the pitch as well.

Krul

Deb?  Taylor  Colo  Santon

HBA  Tiote  Cabaye

Cisse Carroll Ba

Not sure that would work IMO unless Cisse and Ba are prepared to get back to for a 5 if under the cosh.

Not sure how the fook we would get AC and the Demba's on the pitch at the same time.  Cannot see that happening with Tiote, HBA and Cabaye needed on the pitch as well.

Krul

HBA  Tiote  Cabaye

Cisse Carroll Ba

Not sure that would work IMO unless Cisse and Ba are prepared to get back to for a 5 if under the cosh.

Think he won't be a surefire starter right away, but with the extra European and cup games we'd tinker around more oft, so he'll get his chance.

Would be interesting to see how he fits into the current system.  By all accounts, a lot of his success was down to the crosses of Barton from the right, and we haven't had the same service with Big Hatem/Obertan.

Krul

HBA  Tiote  Cabaye

Cisse Carroll Ba

Think he won't be a surefire starter right away, but with the extra European and cup games we'd tinker around more oft, so he'll get his chance.

Either way, we shouldn't fucking move Cissé for him.