West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

No-one will match Carroll's current wages so he's in a powerful position regarding his future. If Liverpool won't accept a lower transfer fee, he'll cost them four mill a year sitting on the bench losing even more value.

He wasn't worth £20mil 18 months ago, he's worth way less now. I can't see Ashley paying anything over £12mil, which i'm fully supportive of. We need Debuchy, Douglas, Anita. In that order.

I think a striker is just as important as those three, I would put that need ahead of Anita easily arguably more important that Debuchy. My order would be Douglas (or a.n. other quality CB), new striker (my preferance for a young development one, who can play the odd game now), Debuchy (I would have prefered Clyne personally, not that he's a better player but I think we would have gotten better value there) and then Anita (if money left in pot, would be a nice signing but luxury not a necessity). This assumes of course we lose no one else.

Guest Stephen927

Doubt any club will pay £20m, well worth playing the waiting game on this one.

Wouldn't be surprised actually to see Liverpool allow him to go on loan, just not to us.

Cisse-8m, better finisher, better with the ball at his feet and does a lot more off the ball. No way carrolls worth 20m, or even near that, we should look for other options IMO, Rodgers can fuck off...

Cisse-8m, better finisher, better with the ball at his feet and does a lot more off the ball. No way carrolls worth 20m, or even near that, we should look for other options IMO, Rodgers can fuck off...

Cisse was such a freak you can't use that as an example. The chances of finding someone so complete as a striker for so cheap are unbelievably slim. That said, Carroll isn't worth near 20m regardless.

As if Carroll's going to become our record signing man. The club has shown exactly what they can do with £20 million and I would hate to see them blow that sort of cash on one player, especially a player who hasn't even played well for so long.

He wasn't worth £20mil 18 months ago, he's worth way less now. I can't see Ashley paying anything over £12mil, which i'm fully supportive of. We need Debuchy, Douglas, Anita. In that order.

I think a striker is just as important as those three, I would put that need ahead of Anita easily arguably more important that Debuchy. My order would be Douglas (or a.n. other quality CB), new striker (my preferance for a young development one, who can play the odd game now), Debuchy (I would have prefered Clyne personally, not that he's a better player but I think we would have gotten better value there) and then Anita (if money left in pot, would be a nice signing but luxury not a necessity). This assumes of course we lose no one else.

Aye, i'd possibly go along with that. Debuchy, Douglas, Striker, Anita.

Cisse was such a freak you can't use that as an example. The chances of finding someone so complete as a striker for so cheap are unbelievably slim. That said, Carroll isn't worth near 20m regardless.

Another alternative is Modibo Maiga, who we came very close to signing. He's just gone to West Ham for £5m. I'm not saying he's as good as Cisse, but we clearly thought he was good enough to score goals in this league.

Another alternative is Modibo Maiga, who we came very close to signing. He's just gone to West Ham for £5m. I'm not saying he's as good as Cisse, but we clearly thought he was good enough to score goals in this league.

I'm not saying you can't find a goalscorer for so cheap, I'm saying we got incredibly lucky to get someone as good as Cisse, who really seems to have it all. Maiga is probably a good striker, that doesn't mean I'd consider him the "complete" striker, like Cisse is imo.

Cisse-8m, better finisher, better with the ball at his feet and does a lot more off the ball. No way carrolls worth 20m, or even near that, we should look for other options IMO, Rodgers can f*** off...

Yet we didn't get involved in a very public move to West Ham. Can have been due to the ACN, but if we really have nothing in terms of viable options behind Luuk de Jong and a loan offer for Carroll I would like to believe we'd have gone back in for him if we believed he could have a similar impact to Cisse providing there indeed wasn't a serious medical issue.

Maiga might not be willing to sit 3rd choice or we may have decided he's too close to what we already have/not that good etc

The scouting team (and that included Pardew) have clearly singled out Carroll as the main target for the club, which is why I find it slightly baffling that people WANT us to get priced out of the move.

Guest Phil K

Wait til nearer the August cut off. Unless idiots like Spuds dive in, Liverpool will lower it.

Its down to Andy telling the,m where he's going too, and to cause as much bother too - as so many HAVE done to get away (admittedly it didn't work for Modric or Tevez)

Maiga might not be willing to sit 3rd choice or we may have decided he's too close to what we already have/not that good etc

Maiga signed for West Ham yesterday or the day before

Wait til nearer the August cut off. Unless idiots like Spuds dive in, Liverpool will lower it.

Its down to Andy telling the,m where he's going too, and to cause as much bother too - as so many HAVE done to get away (admittedly it didn't work for Modric or Tevez)

Maiga signed for West Ham yesterday or the day before

Yeah I know, I was refering to Dave's post above.

I probably should have used "might not have" instead of "might not be" like

Cisse-8m, better finisher, better with the ball at his feet and does a lot more off the ball. No way carrolls worth 20m, or even near that, we should look for other options IMO, Rodgers can f*** off...

Ba - free

Cisse - £9m

Jelavic - £7m

Pogrebnyak - free

Giroud - £12m

You can find quality players for a fraction of the cost.

Ba - free

Cisse - £9m

Jelavic - £7m

Pogrebnyak - free

Giroud - £12m

Pogrebnyak?

Ba - free

Cisse - £9m

Jelavic - £7m

Pogrebnyak - free

Giroud - £12m

Pogrebnyak?

Defoe --> Reading 10m  (granted it didn't happen but that is the price they were talking about - to put English player prices into perspective)

Edit.. apparently the last links were 5-8. Sure it was 10m to start with... could have been some Spurs ITK hype.

Ba - free

Cisse - £9m

Jelavic - £7m

Pogrebnyak - free

Giroud - £12m

Don't think any of them have it all like Cisse though, which was my whole point. I'm NOT saying you can't find good strikers cheap ffs. :lol:

£20 fucking million? :lol: Aye, of course someone will pay that!

The good news is that the Scousers have more than likely priced us out of a potential move, the bad news is...oh, wait there is none.

Guest Phil K

Ba - free

Cisse - £9m

Jelavic - £7m

Pogrebnyak - free

Giroud - £12m

You can also waste a lot trying to find decent strikers in the bargain basement.

Lets not forget we've done exceptionally well in the transfer market.

Complete opposite of what we're used to.