West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

As Glad I am he's been left out for selfish reasons, Kevin Davies??? That's possibly the strangest England call up going, after the world cup it was all about getting the young ones in to develop into future internationals, so he calls up a 33 year old bruiser from Bolton, how is he going to offer anything in the future?? Montenegro is the perfect game to blood a few players..... Obviously not??

On the subject of Carroll, was watching him take some free kicks before the match yesterday, and he was absolutely class at them. Power and curl, would love to see him take one in a match in a shooting position

Man, Carroll's a mere youngster... if he thinks he deserves England caps already then he needs his head checking anyway.

Not suggesting he does mind, but I think it's a bit mad to think he'll be looking for a move to get recognition already.

Neither am I really, but those saying not playing him yesterday is good man management and will make him more eager to do better are being incredibly naive.  It's just as likely to send him the other way, particularly having seen himself touted as a future star by the media over the last 6 weeks.

Kevin Davies is shit imo.

Always seems to be hyped as an underrated effective target man type who deserves a chance with England. He's all elbows and no ability, aswell as simply not scoring many goals. Would rather have Heskey back tbh.

Kevin Davies holds up the ball well for Bolton.............that's about it.

SWP though, don't know what Capello sees in him, meh.

If Carroll didn't get the call up because of Pearce not having common sense, then it's somewhat of an injustice for Andy. Mind you, I'm glad he's got a break and that his feet will be firmly on the ground as some of you have touched upon.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=830482&sec=euro2012&cc=5739

Pearce also revealed Newcastle striker Andrew Carroll had been left out of his squad due to the form of Daniel Sturridge, Danny Welbeck and Nathan Delfouneso.

"We've had a fantastic squad situation here," he said. "I wanted three strikers in my squad and the three strikers I've got in at the moment have done extremely well for me.

"There was no room for Andy Carroll in the squad in that respect. I've shown loyalty to the three that have done really well for me at the start of the season.

"I have not spoken to Andy. Andy will have a big future in international football. Whether that will be in the next squad, I don't know."