West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What the hell is this all about, Sturridge and Delfounso is no where near big A atm  :lol:

It's down to AC pulling out of the u21 squad twice with knocks and Pearce is saying he didn't want him anyway.

Making himself look a twat basically.

Man, Carroll's a mere youngster... if he thinks he deserves England caps already then he needs his head checking anyway.

Not suggesting he does mind, but I think it's a bit mad to think he'll be looking for a move to get recognition already.

A certain A.Shearer was being capped at 21....

Last time i saw him play in the U-21 their whole tactic was just "long balls to Andy Carroll"  i've never seen so many long balls played to one player in a game my whole life..

it's gonna be the game plan for montenegro, long balls up to kevin davies all night.  like a future echo of when allardyce gets the job  :explode:

What the hell is this all about, Sturridge and Delfounso is no where near big A atm  :lol:

It's down to AC pulling out of the u21 squad twice with knocks and Pearce is saying he didn't want him anyway.

Making himself look a t*** basically.

In that last U21 game, Albrighton was getting some great balls into the box but Sturridge and Welbeck were wasting those opportunities.  I thought at the time if AC had played, they would have scored a hatful even if he was just knocking the balls down to other players.  So I definitely think this is a case of Pearce in a huff with Carroll for withdrawing from the last squad and wanting to teach him a lesson.

Can't believe the U21s are getting involved in politics like that. It's bad enough when the full team does it.

Sums English football up.

---

Wellbeck's amazing form must've passed me by unless 0 goals in 6 (+3 sub) appearances is considered good these days :dowie:

Can't believe the U21s are getting involved in politics like that. It's bad enough when the full team does it.

Sums English football up.

---

Wellbeck's amazing form must've passed me by unless 0 goals in 6 (+3 sub) appearances is considered good these days :dowie:

He's big, black and fast, he'll go on to get 20+ caps with the senior side.

Making himself look a t*** basically.

In that last U21 game, Albrighton was getting some great balls into the box but Sturridge and Welbeck were wasting those opportunities.  I thought at the time if AC had played, they would have scored a hatful even if he was just knocking the balls down to other players.  So I definitely think this is a case of Pearce in a huff with Carroll for withdrawing from the last squad and wanting to teach him a lesson.

Some lesson.

Always thought Pearce was a bit of a Dinosaur to have in charge of our future internationals. Carroll is the most in form striker out of players eligible for U21s, so them comments reek of bitterness.

He'd have been better of saying why he'd actually done it rather than make a tit out of himself like he has done.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20101008/carroll-signs-new-five-year-contract_2281670_2179167

Newcastle United striker Andy Carroll has signed a new five-year contract with his boyhood team.

The Gateshead-born forward, who has progressed through the club's Academy to wear the hallowed number nine shirt this season and has helped himself to four goals so far, has committed himself to the club until 2015.

England under-21 international Carroll has supported the club since he was a child and said he was delighted to agree new terms.

He told www.nufc.co.uk: "All I have ever wanted to do is play for Newcastle United. That's been the case since I was a teenager, playing for the juniors and Reserves, and it's still the same now.

"Every time I pull on the black and white shirt - and even more so now that I have number nine on my back - it means the world to me so to be able to do that for at least the next five years is brilliant."

Newcastle United's Managing Director Derek Llambias added: "We're dedicated to bringing exciting young players through our youth academy to play for the club.

"Andy Carroll certainly fits that bill, having graduated through the ranks here, and we're extremely pleased to have agreed with him a new long-term deal.

"Players like Andy are the future of this club and we have spent a long time putting together a deal that is right for both him and Newcastle United."

Great news.