West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He missed a sitter, shot wide, spent too much time on the wing and didn't score.

f*** all like Shearer!

I'm not getting on anyone's back (inc AC)...but come on!

Please don't compare a 21 year old AC with a Shearer in his prime, scoring regularly. Compare him with Shearer when he was at the same age, scoring 13 goals in 41 games for Southampton, in the old "First Division".

I wasn't comparing him to Shearer, Carlie. I was responding to someone else comparing them. :)

For the record, I think he has potential like most of us do. I just don't think he's anywhere near the player many make him out to be now. But he has plenty of time and is already far better than a few seasons back. Encouraging improvement at that. Unlike a certain forward who just never improves ;)

Hmm, you say he is nothing like Shearer. Isn't that comparing? I do think he reminds of Shearer when he was around the same age, hence why I mentioned his scoring record at Southampton.

Who knows if AC scores 20+ next season, wouldn't that be lovely, and even more Sheareresque  O0

With his better half safely out of the way, Nolan admits the Men Behaving Badly element has seeped in: "I'm into my X-Box and PlayStation, but my wife doesn't let me play on it when the kids are around. It's only when the missus is away that I can. I'm normally watching Home Alone for the 15th time with them."

Don't know why, but that made me laugh. God-knows-how-much a week and he's still subject to the nagging etc :lol:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Whatever his failings are on the pitch, he seems like a great character off it. Shame the papers don't care about footballers who don't cause trouble off the field.

Has Carroll been in any bother whatsoever on the pitch? Ever been sent off, involved in controversy or owt? Looks like he was sent off for Preston once three years ago, but other than that I see no reason to question his temperament for the mackem match.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Who's been questioning it?

I've noticed he does get frustrated during games, but that only seems to result in 40 yard tracking backs and super slide tackles!

He's never had a problem on the pitch that i can recall - moans a lot so gets booked for dissent but then that's not a surprise as he will have been influenced by Shearer and latterly by Nolan!  It seems to be that when he gets in trouble it is normally when he has had a drink.

Has Carroll been in any bother whatsoever on the pitch? Ever been sent off, involved in controversy or owt? Looks like he was sent off for Preston once three years ago, but other than that I see no reason to question his temperament for the mackem match.

I was at the match where he got sent off. Lashed out at the defender (Andy Butler) after losing out on about 20 headers to him.

That annoyed me too, I can't remember much they said about us that wasn't cliched, unresearched bollocks in their preview on our game.

He seems to have everything, he is strong, quick, and surprisingly skillful but you can still see him improving, he could be a top striker someday. Nothing that hasn't already been posted before but i thought it needed highlighting again after this performannce on such an important day.

Temperament: 6

:lol:

That whole bit was stupid. Giving Carroll only 1 heading better than Bent, fucking shite.

:lol: Do they do that shite every match? Shocking stuff.

Top performance Andy, was willing him on to score so badly, would've capped the day off perfectly.